NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Arrogance of having a college degree
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Arrogance of having a college degree - Page 4

post #91 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdoc View Post

Outside of sports me and my college friends rarely talk about college.

The girls I've dated since college have all gone to college but it wasn't a big determinant of having stuff in common

Thing is I've never even run into a girl who hasn't gotten her degree or a certification in something, that's why I ask what kind of women are dudes meeting? I assume all the dudes in this thread are under 25 with their responses. Someone show me a woman over 25 that doesn't have sometime of education whether it be a 4 year degree or a certification from a technical school.

What? laugh.gif there's ALOT alot struggle going on in

2013 b...whether going to college for a degree that

Will NEVER make em any money to da MASSIVE

Student debt folks have no idea how to claw out of

Because there aint any jobs capable to overcome

Their burdens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by you go boy View Post

i have a co worker who said they aint doing no manual labor because they have a degree laugh.gif

This is why da United States isnt looking too good

In da future... No one makes anything...
Quote:
Originally Posted by metiQlous View Post

I just find it funny when I see people who get their degrees at a reputable school in a subject they can't do anything with.

They thought they were hot **** in high school only to end up working as a barista or a genius at Apple stores.

I blame the system more than anything though.

Going to school with no direction is like hitting da

Highway with no map..you gonna end either wasting

WILD time or just fast out completely lost...
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiscos View Post

lol at broke nters with college degrees being arrogant. Ididit4theluv is the wealthiest nter ever and he dropped out of college early. You guys can keep brown nosing your managers for a pathetic raise or promotion and living your struggle lives being not much better off than a bum like ninjahood talking about your college degrees

You again? First off i am in college, second i would

Appreciate it if you removed your lips from my

****. Sheesh this weirdo has no quit. mean.giflaugh.gif

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #92 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPEG View Post

Just some food for thought.

Ever wonder how it is that kids spend 13 years from kindergarten to high school supposedly being prepared for life yet when they get out they don't have any real skills. They aren't taught how to grow a garden, how to build a house, how to fix a car, how to balance a checkbook, or how to cook a healthy meal. They come out without even rudimentary concepts of how to organize or lead groups of people without even a glimmer of understanding how to resolve conflicts non-violently and we call this an education. Yeah we're taught how to read and write and perform some basic math but we aren't taught how to think for ourselves, we aren't taught the principles of logic, or how to question an ideology. What we are taught is how to sit in a desk and listen obediently as the world is packaged into a neat little box that we are to accept without question. Regurgitate that information for tests, to give the answer to those in authority demand, but most of all we're conditioned to conform. That's most of our childhood, to have this much time taken by force with such pathetic results is unacceptable.

In b4 lack of funding.
In b4 poorly trained teachers.
In b4 lax regulations.
In b4 low quality curriculum.

K-12 school is essentially daycare.

What's even more hilarious is ppl who drop BIG bank, i'm talkin 5-figures, ery year on private school, just so they can feel special and their kid can go to fancy daycare and still end up in a regular *** college laugh.gif

To each his own tho.
post #93 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikdagoat View Post

K-12 school is essentially daycare.

What's even more hilarious is ppl who drop BIG bank, i'm talkin 5-figures, ery year on private school, just so they can feel special and their kid can go to fancy daycare and still end up in a regular *** college laugh.gif

To each his own tho.

As someone who has gone to both public and private schools, there is a difference.

School is what you make it. Calling it a "daycare" is moronic.
post #94 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post

*disclaimer: i hope this thread doesnt turn into whether you should got to college*

but i HATE the arrogance some people have when they get a college degree..

i mean... its an accomplishment, dont get me wrong... i enjoy how people can put together a certain amount of time in their young lives and dedicate it to something like that...

but the entitlement people have is sick.gif

also, i don't understand why that just makes people all of sudden better...

like "i have a girl, really nice, COLLEGE EDUCATED, sexy etc"...

that's ok... but when people start saying my _____ "has to be COLLEGE EDUCATED" that just rubs me the wrong way...

and this is coming from someone that's a less than a year away from a Master's...

People in my classes think they're just SOOO much higher than the next man... like, they cant take someone's advice or info if they dont have a 4 year degree AT LEAST.

mean.gif

please dont let these degrees go to your heads, or make you not appreciate those without one...

cuz SOOOO many people have degrees now, my g. you aint that special.


A degree means nothing. It's just a piece of paper that is required in most career fields these days to get you an interview. When we interview folks, their interpersonal skills and personality far outweigh the importance of any degree.
Please support/share the Facebook Page for my late Brother & sign the petition to dedicate a local skate park in his memory:


https://www.facebook.com/NajiSaidAbdelilah
Reply
Please support/share the Facebook Page for my late Brother & sign the petition to dedicate a local skate park in his memory:


https://www.facebook.com/NajiSaidAbdelilah
Reply
post #95 of 365
My degree is somewhere at my parents house.
post #96 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikdagoat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPEG View Post

Just some food for thought.

Ever wonder how it is that kids spend 13 years from kindergarten to high school supposedly being prepared for life yet when they get out they don't have any real skills. They aren't taught how to grow a garden, how to build a house, how to fix a car, how to balance a checkbook, or how to cook a healthy meal. They come out without even rudimentary concepts of how to organize or lead groups of people without even a glimmer of understanding how to resolve conflicts non-violently and we call this an education. Yeah we're taught how to read and write and perform some basic math but we aren't taught how to think for ourselves, we aren't taught the principles of logic, or how to question an ideology. What we are taught is how to sit in a desk and listen obediently as the world is packaged into a neat little box that we are to accept without question. Regurgitate that information for tests, to give the answer to those in authority demand, but most of all we're conditioned to conform. That's most of our childhood, to have this much time taken by force with such pathetic results is unacceptable.

In b4 lack of funding.
In b4 poorly trained teachers.
In b4 lax regulations.
In b4 low quality curriculum.

K-12 school is essentially daycare.

What's even more hilarious is ppl who drop BIG bank, i'm talkin 5-figures, ery year on private school, just so they can feel special and their kid can go to fancy daycare and still end up in a regular *** college laugh.gif

To each his own tho.

Depending on where you live some public schools are absolutely trash

Let's not pretend like good private schools aren't feeders to the best colleges

It's not the parents' fault if the kid doesn't take advantage of the opportunity
post #97 of 365
-If a student plays it right college is still a great invest. Even with a few major outside of the STEM majors.

-Problem is we send too many students off to college without the skills or knowledge to be successful

-And if someone struggled for 3-5 years on a hard degree, then they have every right to be proud of it. Dudes always love to bring up the "this person making money without a college degree, so that proves college is worthless/overrated/etc.". No is doesn't B

-Even the student loan arguments dudes make have tons of holes in them

-And lets keep it 1HUNNA about society. We ***** and complain about taxes, yet complain about schools failing kids. A school shouldn't be responsible for teaching a kid how to cook, or change a tire, or balance a budget. That what parents are for. It seems like more and more people want to half *** raise their kids and blame the "system" for not picking up the slack.
Edited by RustyShackleford - 9/15/13 at 11:58am
post #98 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post

Because the only thing dumb and ignorant about that post was his response, and he realized that soon after he typed it.

If you don't understand the difference between the working world and college world, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

I edited because it was harsh and way too confrontational.

A college student gets everything out of life the regular person does.

A regular person can not get everything out of life that a college student does. It's that ******g simple.

And to say you're "limited" by adding an experience with a community set out to learn and prepare for the next stage in their life is just silly.
post #99 of 365
I'm going to graduate this spring and feel like I come across this a lot.

I'm going to UCLA, which many consider a good school (usually ranked about 25th nationally, give or take) Seems like I come across a lot of kids that think the world owes them something because they attend a pretty good school.

I transferred from community college and am a first generation college student. I started from nothing so I keep a level head. Gets pretty tired dealing with spoiled kids that think they are god's gift. We all worked hard to get there, though, so I let them live.

My dad always brings up a good point. A lot of guys from our generation simply don't know how to do regular labor and they have no interest in learning. I've got friends from college that don't even know how to change the motor oil in their car, like they don't know how to turn a wrench. Crazy to me but times are changing.
post #100 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostythepoptart View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post

Because the only thing dumb and ignorant about that post was his response, and he realized that soon after he typed it.

If you don't understand the difference between the working world and college world, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

I edited because it was harsh and way too confrontational.

A college student gets everything out of life the regular person does.

A regular person can not get everything out of life that a college student does. It's that ******g simple.

K.
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
post #101 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiscos View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post



What? laugh.gif there's ALOT alot struggle going on in



2013 b...whether going to college for a degree that



Will NEVER make em any money to da MASSIVE



Student debt folks have no idea how to claw out of



Because there aint any jobs capable to overcome



Their burdens...

This is why da United States isnt looking too good



In da future... No one makes anything...

Going to school with no direction is like hitting da



Highway with no map..you gonna end either wasting



WILD time or just fast out completely lost...

You again? First off i am in college, second i would



Appreciate it if you removed your lips from my



****. Sheesh this weirdo has no quit. mean.giflaugh.gif

 



your local community college hardly counts and its taken you over a decade just to struggle through that. Let's be serious, you're dam near 30 years old and have hardly advanced much past drinking your mom's breastmilk

U dunno me other then my persona on NT, wipe your

Mouth.

Community college is one of da SHINNING

opportunities for shrewd students to side step

Future debt and get into a fast track for a career.

After highschool took a year off, went to visit my

father when he got out in DR, worked full time for

Years and switched majors once i was in school

Which made me lose credits (which was fine, da

Major i was taking i didnt see any growth for a

career making money) so now im bout graduate

In automotive technology where there is SERIOUS

Growth with da current technologies being embarked

Upon by da automakers with their hybrid technology

Endeavors. I also got my hazmat endorsed class A

CDL so i could make SOLID upper middle class $

On da side while i go to school. So as far me? Im

Straight pimp.gif now go update that message chain

You're spamming to NTers and get off my ****.

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #102 of 365
^^^Brah you writing poetry now mean.giflaugh.gif
post #103 of 365
roll.gif
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
post #104 of 365
Why does NT assume everyone who went to college is deep in Student Loan debt and cant find a job?

it almost seems as if they use this to validate their reasoning to not wanting to go to college.
post #105 of 365
If you obtain a college degree and want your significant other to have a college degree as well, that makes you arrogant?
post #106 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano View Post

Why does NT assume everyone who went to college is deep in Student Loan debt and cant find a job?

it almost seems as if they use this to validate their reasoning to not wanting to go to college.
Cuz they didn't go to college and are dumz
post #107 of 365

wow things just got personal.

 

ninja bone your sister or somethin?

 

you going extra hards at him

IF IT WEREN'T FOR VENETIAN BLINDS, IT WOULD BE CURTAINS FOR US ALL...
Reply
IF IT WEREN'T FOR VENETIAN BLINDS, IT WOULD BE CURTAINS FOR US ALL...
Reply
post #108 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers View Post

My degree is somewhere at my parents house.
Same here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

^^^Brah you writing poetry now mean.giflaugh.gif
roll.gif
post #109 of 365
That has to be a regular NTer that made a second account. No new member would have that much disdain for Edwin laugh.gif
post #110 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano View Post

Why does NT assume everyone who went to college is deep in Student Loan debt and cant find a job?

it almost seems as if they use this to validate their reasoning to not wanting to go to college.

because, didnt you know that knowing a few people in a particular circumstance allows nt'ers to make generalizations on entire groups of people
post #111 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRDX91 View Post

I agree with you on that statement. The workload of a B.A. degree is so much lighter and doesn't require as much time commitment. 

Agreed. A lot of people do not understand the what it takes to be successful in those degree programs. I feel for the most part that the abundance of B.A. degrees out there has saturated the true college experience and given the executives an excuse to grow their schools for profit and higher tuition rates. It's become a cash cow and we the common people are over here playing right along into it. Too caught up on the pride of a title to realize most of us on life are truly touting ourselves to others because we got a grown up smiley face sticker.

You know what's crazy about the higher education industry compared to to other industries? When the real estate market crashed, it was because of high foreclosures, and transferring of toxic assets. In education, their is no "foreclosure" for student loans. You can't get rid of them and they accumulate quickly on schedule. This is a hell of an investment pot for banks. The arrogance of having a college degree truly has inflated the ego's of many, blinding them to the fact that they are the ones that got duped.
post #112 of 365

great discussion so far, so many extremes in here though. and why dude going in on ninja? :lol

post #113 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wr View Post

Agreed. A lot of people do not understand the what it takes to be successful in those degree programs. I feel for the most part that the abundance of B.A. degrees out there has saturated the true college experience and given the executives an excuse to grow their schools for profit and higher tuition rates. It's become a cash cow and we the common people are over here playing right along into it. Too caught up on the pride of a title to realize most of us on life are truly touting ourselves to others because we got a grown up smiley face sticker.

You know what's crazy about the higher education industry compared to to other industries? When the real estate market crashed, it was because of high foreclosures, and transferring of toxic assets. In education, their is no "foreclosure" for student loans. You can't get rid of them and they accumulate quickly on schedule. This is a hell of an investment pot for banks. The arrogance of having a college degree truly has inflated the ego's of many, blinding them to the fact that they are the ones that got duped.

lol half these cats couldnt pass a Finance or upper level accounting class, I was a CIS major which is STEM but some of the business classes I had were not cake walks.
post #114 of 365
As someone who went to both private and public school..there's def a difference between the two..I was prepared for college English courses in the 7th grade..

This thread in a weird way has me hyped to be a great Dad in the future
post #115 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216301baller View Post

As someone who went to both private and public school..there's def a difference between the two..I was prepared for college English courses in the 7th grade..

This thread in a weird way has me hyped to be a great Dad in the future

Word. can't pass down degrees.
post #116 of 365
Judging by some of the responses in this thread, I'd dare say that there's ALOT of arrogance and ignorance on displayed from the two sides debating the issue...mean.gif

**Retreats back, into the shadows of the NT background**



...
post #117 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiscos View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post



U dunno me other then my persona on NT, wipe your



Mouth.



Community college is one of da SHINNING



opportunities for shrewd students to side step



Future debt and get into a fast track for a career.



After highschool took a year off, went to visit my



father when he got out in DR, worked full time for



Years and switched majors once i was in school



Which made me lose credits (which was fine, da



Major i was taking i didnt see any growth for a



career making money) so now im bout graduate



In automotive technology where there is SERIOUS



Growth with da current technologies being embarked



Upon by da automakers with their hybrid technology



Endeavors. I also got my hazmat endorsed class A



CDL so i could make SOLID upper middle class $



On da side while i go to school. So as far me? Im



Straight pimp.gif now go update that message chain



You're spamming to NTers and get off my ****.

 



All that and the end result is you about to be 30 years old living in similar conditions of many in 3rd world countries. You still using a metrocard as transportation and the only females you get are bottom barrel *******s. Everything that's apart of your life is bottom barrel. That just describes your life to a tee

You sound like you have no personality.

twitter: @onehalftime

Reply

twitter: @onehalftime

Reply
post #118 of 365
I think having a college degree is an accomplishment but I dont think I'm better than anyone unless that person is like a criminal or some random female at the club who think's her **** dont stink cuz she looks good but works at walmart...
Chicago x Nigeria
Lexus IS300 Driver
Reply
Chicago x Nigeria
Lexus IS300 Driver
Reply
post #119 of 365
Problem is dudes are worried too much about what the next man is doing.

I gotta make more money than this guy, I gotta have a better whip, I gotta have a badder chick

Meanwhile they forget about priorities.

Jealousy is a female trait, just take care of your families. Nothing wrong with indulging in your hard work, no matter WHAT your line of work is, just don't be stupid about it. Don't be ashamed if you do any type of manual labor. Don't be ashamed that you don't have a car.

twitter: @onehalftime

Reply

twitter: @onehalftime

Reply
post #120 of 365

ninja is right about community college...my program is concentrating on putting more librarians into community colleges. 

 

Nothing wrong with community college at all. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Arrogance of having a college degree