Arrogance of having a college degree

Are they not your homies from college or prior to that? The fact dudes in here can't comprehend what I'm getting at with "having things in common" and think I'm talking about "discussing class" I'm the literal sense further proves my point. Lol
Both. And even my friends who've never went to college share things in common with those who do go...so the idea not being able to relate to one another's experiences just because you have a degree is just silly and nonsensical.    

Are they not your homies from college or prior to that? The fact dudes in here can't comprehend what I'm getting at with "having things in common" and think I'm talking about "discussing class" I'm the literal sense further proves my point. Lol
College and the college experience is a small part in your life .. to only think that you'll have nothing in common with someone that did not attend college speaks volumes to how ignorant you are sounding.

Peoples values - beliefs - ways are very established before getting to college and those things are what other are going to seek in regards to making friendships. Not International Marketing or Philosophy ... 

Once again, repped for how good you have me feeling right about now!

It shouldn't be about the degree, it should be about what you do with it AND WHAT YOU KNOW
College educated in a vacuum doesn't mean ish
Just because you finished College doesn't not mean your educated(weird huh)

it doesn't mean your cultured either. The degree or nothing mentality is mostly done by those with low self esteem. Nobody should feel above anyone just because you have a degree. Congrats you worked hard for 4 years, in debt, underemployed or jobless, and you still don't know anything about the world(this does not apply to every college grad).

PS......You don't NEED a degree to be successful. It just makes it easier depending on what field or career choice you may have.

I got my Masters but I rarely tell folks about it. When they do find out they think I'm a genius. I'm just a guy who took advantage of a opportunity. I never been the smartest, I just made smart decisions..
pimp.gif

Outside of sports me and my college friends rarely talk about college.

The girls I've dated since college have all gone to college but it wasn't a big determinant of having stuff in common

Thing is I've never even run into a girl who hasn't gotten her degree or a certification in something, that's why I ask what kind of women are dudes meeting? I assume all the dudes in this thread are under 25 with their responses. Someone show me a woman over 25 that doesn't have sometime of education whether it be a 4 year degree or a certification from a technical school.

My girl has a degree and I have one and I would never talk to a chick without one because we simply won't have much in common outside of talking about current events maybe.
So that means all your conversations relate to you and her degrees? Because I could have SWORN you can be cultured and INFORMED WITHOUT having a degree. Just saying bruh. Degree doesn't automatically make you a well rounded person.

So that means all your conversations relate to you and her degrees? Because I could have SWORN you can be cultured and INFORMED WITHOUT having a degree. Just saying bruh. Degree doesn't automatically make you a well rounded person.

Bruh are dudes even reading my responses? Lol I said we can have similar views on current events and things dealing with family. A woman who went to college or has sometime of education in something can further relate to if I talk about career related things, college memories, etc. like I said how old are you guys because I've never met a woman over 25 who hasn't went to school for something whether it be culinary arts, make up, hair, etc.

Most of my college friends are out of state, and we talk about any and everything when we do speak. I definitely love to talk about college days with them.

My friends and associates that I grew up with mostly didn't go to school. A few took a couple classes but that's the extent of it. I do sometimes see they don't always get what I'm saying or might not catch everything if we are watching something or listening to someone. But they still my people so that doesn't stop me from hanging with them.

Chicks I just wanna have fun with, but I do like a chick that can engage me in a conversation too. And a woman that can hold it down bc she makes as much or more than me is ultra attractive. I took that for granted bc I was surrounded by them in HS and college. big mistake

Bruh are dudes even reading my responses? Lol I said we can have similar views on current events and things dealing with family. A woman who went to college or has sometime of education in something can further relate to if I talk about career related things, college memories, etc. like I said how old are you guys because I've never met a woman over 25 who hasn't went to school for something whether it be culinary arts, make up, hair, etc.
So Lucky, are you telling me that all chicks without degrees or currently pursuing a degree or certificate are not even worth anytime? Cmon man you know better than that bruh......

You know how many NICE chicks there are out there with no degrees or education that STILL are cultured, still working decent or great jobs or own their own business, and still are GOOD people? Lets be serious here, you gotta understand how shallow your comment came across. If your only talking to chicks about college or your time in college or you and her major, then thats a pretty dull relationship bruh. You trippin

Most of my college friends are out of state, and we talk about any and everything when we do speak. I definitely love to talk about college days with them.

My friends and associates that I grew up with mostly didn't go to school. A few took a couple classes but that's the extent of it. I do sometimes see they don't always get what I'm saying or might not catch everything if we are watching something or listening to someone. But they still my people so that doesn't stop me from hanging with them.

Chicks I just wanna have fun with, but I do like a chick that can engage me in a conversation too. And a woman that can hold it down bc she makes as much or more than me is ultra attractive. I took that for granted bc I was surrounded by them in HS and college. big mistake

My and all my friends from college talk about where we are in life our careers, current events, family, college days , etc

My and my boys from the hood talk about family and life but not much career wise because we can't relate much on that side. Unlike the cats on NT I come from nothing so dudes on my block ain't doing a damn thing. I keep it cordial with them because those are my people forever but something's we just can't talk about.

And lot of y'all are just young dudes trying to find chicks to smash so I can't even take many of y'all serious on a topic like this, but like I said time and time again that dudes continue to ignore find me a woman over 25 who hasn't been formally trained in something that you can have deep convo with about life, the economy, foreign affairs, religion, music, family, etc etc.

So Lucky, are you telling me that all chicks without degrees or currently pursuing a degree or certificate are not even worth anytime? Cmon man you know better than that bruh......

You know how many NICE chicks there are out there with no degrees or education that STILL are cultured, still working decent or great jobs or own their own business, and still are GOOD people? Lets be serious here, you gotta understand how shallow your comment came across. If your only talking to chicks about college or your time in college or you and her major, then thats a pretty dull relationship bruh. You trippin

Bruh outside of the food industry show me a woman that owns a business that was not trained in what she does. And what is a good job that doesn't require a degree or a certificate in something? I'm not out searching for women because I have one so I would like to know.

Bruh outside of the food industry show me a woman that owns a business that was not trained in what she does. And what is a good job that doesn't require a degree or a certificate in something? I'm not out searching for women because I have one so I would like to know.
I could name countless government jobs that don't require a degree with chicks making 40k plus. I could count military jobs where chicks are making decent money and still good people. You can keep that shallow mindset, but I'll tell you this..... your missing out on a lot of good people in this world pekin. You and I both know how many of OUR people didn't finish school or some training program and are doing well for themselves

My and all my friends from college talk about where we are in life our careers, current events, family, college days , etc

My and my boys from the hood talk about family and life but not much career wise because we can't relate much on that side. Unlike the cats on NT I come from nothing so dudes on my block ain't doing a damn thing. I keep it cordial with them because those are my people forever but something's we just can't talk about.

And lot of y'all are just young dudes trying to find chicks to smash so I can't even take many of y'all serious on a topic like this, but like I said time and time again that dudes continue to ignore find me a woman over 25 who hasn't been formally trained in something that you can have deep convo with about life, the economy, foreign affairs, religion, music, family, etc etc.
not once but twice - I'm sure there are going to be an abundance of females that can't relate to this type of ish . lol

just kidding man ....

seriously - IMHO your opinion about this is very wrong ... I know plenty of chicks that i can't talk to because they are book smart and have no type of common sense ... others that have degrees and can't even solve 6/2(1+2) ... you can/will have a lot to talk to a person from all walks of life - the problem you are having that your topics seems to always relate on school and college days - while others, this topic is very little to what they have to offer ...

I could name countless government jobs that don't require a degree with chicks making 40k plus. I could count military jobs where chicks are making decent money and still good people. You can keep that shallow mindset, but I'll tell you this..... your missing out on a lot of good people in this world pekin. You and I both know how many of OUR people didn't finish school or some training program and are doing well for themselves

government jobs are for people who failed in the private sector and/or want to be taken care of.

I can't name one job which is why I'm asking you to give me examples. And why would I want a woman who is satisfied with being an admin assistant all her life opposed to climbing up the ladder. I just can't think of anything with full benefits where you can climb the ladder with no degree or training whether it be something the job gives or what. And for OUR people everyone I know had to be trained in something, many dont have degrees but they were formally trained in something whether it was back home or in the states. You find me a refugee who had no education back home and came to the states and didn't seek any education or got trained in something that is doing "well"

I feel you OP, what I been running across lately is women who haven't even completed their degree with the Same arrogance as someone who completed it. Then they feel like they can't be wrong about regular topics because they go to a university. Then they believe once they complete their degree someone is going to pay them 100k out the gate. SMH

not once but twice - I'm sure there are going to be an abundance of females that can't relate to this type of ish . lol

just kidding man ....

seriously - IMHO your opinion about this is very wrong ... I know plenty of chicks that i can't talk to because they are book smart and have no type of common sense ... others that have degrees and can't even solve 6/2(1+2) ... you can/will have a lot to talk to a person from all walks of life - the problem you are having that your topics seems to always relate on school and college days - while others, this topic is very little to what they have to offer ...

Lol I forget this is NT where cats take everything literal. I am speaking in MY experiences this topic is asking for our opinions. And who doesn't know people with college degrees that are dumb? I've never said a college degree made you smart or better than someone. A degree and or certification or formal training in something is a sign you are taking steps to better yourself.

Lol I forget this is NT where cats take everything literal. I am speaking in MY experiences this topic is asking for our opinions. And who doesn't know people with college degrees that are dumb? I've never said a college degree made you smart or better than someone. A degree and or certification or formal training in something is a sign you are taking steps to better yourself.
I'm not taking anything any kind of way, I'm going of by what you have posted thus far.

Your replies just get worst and worst as you continue.

So a person that does not have a college degree or some type of formal training is not trying to better themselves? SMH ...

We live in a place that although anyone can attend a University/College there are those that for whatever the reason can't. This does not make them any less people that those that have an education. We all know about the exceptions and we all know about the tons that are hanging on the corner .... but people seem to forget about the Middle Hard Working Class ... 

Just saying ...

I'm not taking anything any kind of way, I'm going of by what you have posted thus far.

Your replies just get worst and worst as you continue.

So a person that does not have a college degree or some type of formal training is not trying to better themselves? SMH ...

We live in a place that although anyone can attend a University/College there are those that for whatever the reason can't. This does not make them any less people that those that have an education. We all know about the exceptions and we all know about the tons that are hanging on the corner .... but people seem to forget about the Middle Hard Working Class ... 

Just saying ...

How do you better yourself career wise with out taking steps to learn something?

Bachelor degree is the new high school degree. It really doesn't hold the weight that it used to. So I agree....I hate when I see people act like hot **** because they have a 4-yr degree. Tons of people have them (myself included) and it wasn't really difficult at all to obtain. All it took was $$ and some effort.

Your situation depends on whether obtaining a degree will be helpful or not. Some folks don't have the $$, which will add extra effort, that those with money wouldn't need. If a degree was easy everyone would have one. I know plenty of people without an degree.

There's people who skate through college with an easy major and still finish with sub 3.0 GPAs. I'm sorry but that's not an accomplishment.

Now doing well in college and have it lead into a good career is a whole different story

I feel any minority male that gets any type of degree is an accomplishment. I didn't see many minority males when I was in college.

So many want to be ballers with as little work as possible.

My girl has a degree and I have one and I would never talk to a chick without one because we simply won't have much in common outside of talking about current events maybe.

I was with you until "simply". Other than that I'm with you. I may be willing to smash a chick without an degree but I def don't see myself in a long term unless she has some sort of vision and I can actively see her trying to make an reality. IMO, if I want to become better I need to surround myself with those who want to be better. A degree wont make you better but it does show that you you can commit to something long term. The harder it is, better the commitment. I grew up in a two degree household and I want to provide the same for my child.

I think pride my be mistaken for arrogance. It's a struggle for some to obtain an degree and for some a degree means more than what society views it for. For me it means more way more. I was an "D" average high schooler, joined the Navy so my parents would not have to pay for it and lost full function of both my knees and my back in the process. I had parents whom could have easily paid for it but I chose to do it on my own. So I am very proud of my degree, I've lost allot in the process of trying to obtain it.

Last edited:
I just find it funny when I see people who get their degrees at a reputable school in a subject they can't do anything with.

They thought they were hot **** in high school only to end up working as a barista or a genius at Apple stores.

I blame the system more than anything though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom