⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
repped every tnt positive comment i could make

im conflicted.... i rep tnt,,, also dont mind usa and rep them as well....

Tnt saying this was payback for 1989, lol

Yea dude talking about US soccer copying England is wrong. Just got my D coaching license. This current system in the US is closer to the German style brought by Klinnsman a few years ago. I remember when they changed the structure and everything. But anyways it's not about that. The problem with the US is college. How many players on the US national team went to college to play? All of them except the best player Pulisic. How many players on Brazil went to college? Spain? Germany? Answer is zero. Too many kids fall through the cracks in the US because in this country the only way to make it to the top level is through college. Another thing. No offense but why is the team so white? Our country has a huge Latino American population that carries soccer in their blood. We have the resources. Just not using them. /rant

Side note CONMBOL need to be given some god damn leeway and respect, only allowing 4 teams to make it is cold, flat out mean. Paraguay and Chile deserve to be in the WC.

US not making the World Cup, Mexico barely making it 4 years ago, JUH-OKE: lets agree to throw CONCACAF in the god damn trash where it belongs, merge them with CONMBOL, continue the format but with more teams, only the top 10 best teams qualify for the WC - Done, problem solved.

It’s the only way to make it fair between the conferences, give US and Mex some actual competition (maybe they’d get better? Hmm). Hashtags all around, #BRINGBACKFAKECOPA..... here’s the twist tho, this time Fake Copa would actually mean something!! See the irony.... Vualá!

Put some respect on South America’s name bro, do that right f*cking now! Ya Bums! Trey Bantz Trey Bantz

PS - Iceland does it right, USA, go copy their game plan!! These kids are dribbling on frozen lakes swarmed by polar bears. I’m pretty sure half of Icelandic people are canabals, they have NO FOOD .That’s pretty much a fact, I’ll find sources later.

United States, Concaf, you should be god damn ashamed of yourselves, ASHAMED I tell ya, ya BUMMS.

My hot take, been a while, but it sucked being a responsible OP.

Last edited:
But why would any kid from the hood pick soccer over the $ in NBA & the NFL?

All u need to hoop is a ball and a court. They got that **** everywhere.

To play soccer you're gunna need at least 14 people with cleats, plus goals & you gotta find a field that's not rented or closed off.

I actually do think that soccer is gunna surpass football in America one day. It's a personal opinion but the NFL isn't as appealing to me anymore.

I don't think that there is a sport in the world that requires less equipment than soccer. Other than plain running. In Africa, they make balls out of plastic bags:

And as for goal posts, all you need is two sticks that you can stick into the ground. And in Brazil there isn't a single favela where they don't play it, even virtual ones:

maxresdefault.jpg

The money is good in the Amercian pro leagues, but the odds of making to the NBA or NFL are slimmer. You can still make good money playing basketball in Europe or China, but there still aren't as many clubs or leagues in those countries that soccer has. Europe has a million low-end clubs where you can make decent money if you're not Ronaldo or Messi level.

Side note CONMBOL need to be given some god damn leeway and respect, only allowing 4 teams to make it is cold, flat out mean. Paraguay and Chile deserve to be in the WC.

US not making the World Cup, Mexico barely making it 4 years ago, lets agree to throw CONCACAF in the god damn trash where it belongs, merge them with CONMBOL, and then allow the top 10 best teams to the WC...

It’s the only way to make it fair between the conferences, give US and Mex some actual competition (maybe they’d get better? Hmm). Hashtags all around, #BRINGBACKFAKECOPA..... here’s the twist tho, this time Fake Copa would actually mean something!! See the irony.... Vualá!

Put some respect on South America’s name bro, do that right f*cking now! Ya Bums!

PS - Iceland does it right, US, go copy their game plan. These kids are dribbling on frozen lakes swarmed by polar bears. I’m pretty sure half of Icelandic people are canabals, they have NO FOOD .That’s pretty much a fact, I’ll find sources later.

My hot take, been a while, but it sucked being a responsible OP.

Trey Bantz Trey Bantz

I'm all for getting washed by Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Uruguay on a yearly basis if it's means USMNT gets better in the long run. Club tournaments will benefit from this as well if CONMEBOL and CONCACAF merged.

I can't believe it actually happened. Embarrassing and we didn't deserve to qualify, what a joke of an organization.

Who here has been on NT during the 2002 World Cup, where dudes swore the US would win the World Cup by 2014?

LOL. I was here and I couldn't stop laughing back then. During these qualifications I had a debate with a friend. I told him that the US is not very good and they are being proped up by being in CONCACAF. Needless to say, I couldn't stop laughing at him last night. I mean, what are friends for if we can't troll each other when the time is right. Lol

LOL. I was here and I couldn't stop laughing back then. During these qualifications I had a debate with a friend. I told him that the US is not very good and they are being proped up by being in CONCACAF. Needless to say, I couldn't stop laughing at him last night. I mean, what are friends for if we can't troll each other when the time is right. Lol

Unless the necessary changes happens, we'll never see a star over the crest (at least in this lifetime)

Unless the necessary changes happens, we'll never see a star over the crest (at least in this lifetime)

Yep. Wholesale changes need to be made. Not only in the federation, but from the bottom up. Better youth system, stop playing against trash competition (I love you T&T). Not until things like this start happening will the US have a shot at winning a WC

Yep. Wholesale changes need to be made. Not only in the federation, but from the bottom up. Better youth system, stop playing against trash competition (I love you T&T). Not until things like this start happening will the US have a shot at winning a WC

kill the whole pay to play BS. Invest in the hood, I wanna see more black and brown kids playing!!!

Still can't believe the US of A couldn't make it out of the CONCACAF qualifiers...

Have they cleaned house yet? Management and everyone responsible for the decision making over the last 1-2 years should all be gone yesterday

That and the OG blops are the GOATs by far :smokin

Still can't believe the US of A couldn't make it out of the CONCACAF qualifiers...

Have they cleaned house yet? Management and everyone responsible for the decision making over the last 1-2 years should all be gone yesterday

That and the OG blops are the GOATs by far :smokin

I hope Arenas, Gulati and the rest of those effbois from the federation are packing up their sh*t at this very moment.

Is Russia the last 32 team WC? This might all be a moot point soon because when they expand everyone and their mother will qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom