15 year old reseller

I think this is more of a kid having a cool job more so than he is making loot. I mean kids can probably make more by working at In and Out but who wants to do that when you can have the title reseller instead.

And resellers are really best done at this age. Later when you have more priorities, you really can't do this stuff. I don't know.....I bet other kids are more into this article then someone like me.

To me it isn't the money he is making. But the money he is managing. If he keeps his mentality it will help him a lot. 8k isn't anything. He knows not to spend his re up money which a lot of adults can't do with whatever it is they are dealing with.

how do you spend hours looking up info on new releases? is there some realm of information that i've been missing out on??

just as long as i get my VI's on black friday :frown:

$6000-$8000 is alot more then what I had at his age. Still he is a solid case of what I will not pay more then $20 above retail for shoes and thats only if I really want then pair

No shade but he's doing nothing different than all these other resellers lol. Props tho i guess

Uhm. And this is why your not a business man.

Average cost of shoe $250 for him.

250×238=$59,000

$8000÷238= profit about $33 per shoe

I hope he set up his biz. Correctly and saved his receipts of shoes he bought,shipping receipts,eBay receipts,garbage etc

Taxes. 30% of the 8k is $2400

So he really he will make $5600

Now this is assuming the 8k profit was after his expenses write off

But if his 8k nonprofit is with his expenses and taxes already deducted that is a good profit for a kid

Either way too much work for me for 8k

This numbers above are quick estimates not precise

$5600 in a year = $466 a month = about $116 a week

sounds like my paycheck back in H.S. working at a six flags amusement park.

Punk lil kid I'd spirit bomb his collection right now if I could
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I remember I started collecting when I was 15. Those were the days.

Kid is better off learning to trade stocks. Shoes ain't gonna hold this value forever and for all that effort, he could've earned more depending on how serious he studied.

Good for him. This is an easy and fun way to make money at that age. But this quote bothered me a little bit.

"My friends are out playing sports and ask me why I do this all the time," said Shatsky, who used to play volleyball and baseball before diving into the business world.

How much time is he really putting into this? He shouldn't have to quit playing sports and neglect his friends just to resell. I did the same thing reselling in high school. Still had time to play varsity basketball, chill/party with friends and hang out with girls. His priorities seem messed up if he's ignoring his extracurriculars and friends just to resell and "dive into the business world." :smh:

Last edited:
Good move and way to make money for a kid. When $8000 seems like a lot if money. If you are older and putting that much effort into making $8k, don't know what to tell you :lol:

Article didn't specify how many hours he spends researching and standing in lines. I would say about 20 hours a week.

"Oh yeah, I got the perfect song for the kids to sing..."

If you get the right set up for that in college you can kill it. You'll be the one copping kicks to scuff 'em and won't care about your sneaker business anymore :pimp:

Last edited:
Props to the kid for making some money, but like some have said all ready, this is no different from other resellers out there and too much work for "$8k". Jacking up the price for a GR and only making $30 or $50 or so is cool when you are young and dont have any bills; when he gets older and starts driving that money will go towards gas. He is lucky to have is mom and grandma helping him out too, mine would say hell no haha. He will regret neglecting his high school days to make some change off of some kicks, if he continues to do this. 

He is no different than these dudes in their 20s that do this crap full time, but he at least has time to grow out of it before he becomes a man.

I mean who knows this might lead to something bigger, but the article and video tried to make him out to be the next Zuckerberg or some ****.

Last edited:
Spending 60K and making only 8K Profit is absolutely garbage. He's wasted alot of time & money for a small profit margin smh, getting a job at 15 is nearly impossible though so I guess if money is that much more important to him than enjoying his young years he's satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom