2 explosions at Brussels airport

Brussels, Belgium (CNN)Two explosions occurred at the airport Brussels, Belgium on Tuesday.

Federal police at the airport at Zaventem told CNN that "there has been an explosion" and "something has happened."

Dozens of people have been taken on stretchers out of the airport, according to eyewitnesses.

The Brussels airport tweeted that there have been two explosions and said that "the building" is being evacuated. They also said all airport operations have been suspended and asked those nearby to remain calm.

Anthony Barrett said he heard something at about 8 a.m. local time from his hotel across from the terminal building.

"When I opened the curtains and looked out, I could see people fleeing," he told CNN.

He said he's seen about 19 or 20 stretchers carrying people so far. Luggage trollies were also being used to transport the wounded.

"It's clearly a very serious incident," he said.

It's unclear what caused the explosions, or if they're related to terrorism.

The airport is currently being evacuated and a disaster plan has been initiated, according to CNN affiliate RTL. Passengers have been directed to the runways.

Witnesses told RTL at least one of the two explosions took place in the airport's departure hall.

CNN Map

Brussels airport

The incident comes after Salah Abdeslam, a man who authorities say was involved in the Paris terror attacks last year, was arrested in the Brussels suburb of Molenbeek on Friday.

@Colombia

Whats the word fam

You can thank Wahhabism for killing Innocent people in the world once again

terrible but not surprised

just heard on russia today 10 people killed in the metro this morning

Last edited:
It's even more terrifying to be around and live in major cities nowadays. :smh:

-Drew

"At least 13 people are dead and 35 are wounded following multiple blasts in Brussels, Belgium, according to Belgium public broadcaster VRT."

I can't believe people still fall for this silly stuff man! [emoji]128517[/emoji]

Anything to manipulate people's mind into voting for trump because "trump will rid all the Muslims, hence the terrorists!" [emoji]128527[/emoji]

So scripted. Soon as I heard Brussels and airport, I already knew.

"Oh some radical Muslims did it, see!? They are bad people so let's get rid of them. It happened in Brussels so it could very well happen to us in good ole America [emoji]128576[/emoji] We must vote trump in now! He is no nonsense!" [emoji]128527[/emoji] Smdh

Yes, they will spare lives and stage crap to push agendas, believe it or not.

Foolishness

Man...:smh:

There's gotta be no coincidence that this happened 2 days after they arrested on of the Paris masterminds

I can't believe people still fall for this silly stuff man! [emoji]128517[/emoji]

Anything to manipulate people's mind into voting for trump because "trump will rid all the Muslims, hence the terrorists!" [emoji]128527[/emoji]

"Oh some radical Muslims did it, see!? They are bad people so let's get rid of them. It happened in Brussels so it could very well happen to us in good ole America [emoji]128576[/emoji] We must vote trump in now! He is no nonsense!" [emoji]128527[/emoji] Smdh

Foolishness
Your a idiot!

No matter how or why it's here, it's real.

Americans are so self centered lol.

Last edited:
It's even more terrifying to be around and live in major cities nowadays. :smh:

-Drew
Used to have nightmares about NYC being attacked by a group of terrorists with guns shortly after 9/11. Never really noticed how that had an effect on me.

This **** really hurts my heart. The senseless taking of innocent lives.:smh:

Waiting for them to miraculously find the bomber's passports, smh [emoji]128527[/emoji]

Follow 
CNN Breaking NewsVerified account‏@cnnbrk

At least 28 killed in #Brussels attacks, Belgian media say: 15 at station, 13 at airport. http://cnn.it/1VyrwSH 

CeJdw10UEAAM32M.jpg

4:09 AM - 22 Mar 2016

Last edited:
Europe is about to be enter some turbulent times. They've got large unintegrated muslim populations, increasingly popular far right parties and a public growing tired of multiculturalism...man its scary stuff. RIP to the victims, Brussels is such a amazing place.  

Foolishness

No hate but I think ATL prob has the most people wearing J's than any place.

Also if it's so easy to open n run a biz then how is anyone caking if everyone has a biz down there?

Not sure if this is ATL or not but I would not move any place where the dominant population isn't progressive just all on some syrup, weed, rap, hella impressionable by hip hop culture, smoke weed all day, rather hit licks than get a job, getting mad women preg, etc. ain't nothing cute or progressive about that at all. Not saying this is ATL but it's plenty of south spots like this that I wish would cease to exist.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom