2 explosions at Brussels airport

saw this at the gym this morning, crazy world we live in man

RIP

Lookin at those pics
That quote from that dark knight movie about how
"People just like to see the world burn"
Instantly popped into my mind :smh:

I hope that at the very least the attackers were the last remains of the cell that carried out the Paris attacks, because these attacks took place so soon after the capture of the mastermind behind the Paris attacks.

Those pics are wild. Look like something out of a video game. I can't wrap my head around things like that actually happening.

If I wanted to strike fear into the heart of western society Belgium is one of the last places I'd think of

^? It's the political capital of the EU.
More specifically yes. It's commonly just referred to as the capital of the EU, though it doesn't officially have that title.

If terrorists want to send a message to Europe's leaders, Brussels is the place to do it.

The attack hasn't been claimed yet but I think it's safe to assume it was either a repercussion for the arrest of Salah Abdeslam, Belgium recently deploying F-16's to assault ISIS or just to terrorize EU's political capital.

Last edited:
My post was replying to the same one yours did.

I actually visited last September, just before the big farmers' protest. A sea of huge tractors coming into the city as I was driving out. Trying to go again for the Flower Carpet this August. This is a macabre thought but these events might make that one even more memorable.

Brussels is the capital of the European Union. 
I don't think that there was anything particularly symbolic about this attack. I think it was just because it was relatively easy to carry out the attack in Belgium.

I read that when the Paris attacks took place, the guys who carried them out simply drove to Belgium and that Brussels suburb where even the cops are scared to enter, bought AK47s for a couple of thousands of euros and simply drove back to France with the weapons, like it was a casual shopping trip. Scary stuff.

I don't think that there was anything particularly symbolic about this attack. I think it was just because it was relatively easy to carry out the attack in Belgium.

I read that when the Paris attacks took place, the guys who carried them out simply drove to Belgium and that Brussels suburb where even the cops are scared to enter, bought AK47s for a couple of thousands of euros and simply drove back to France with the weapons, like it was a casual shopping trip. Scary stuff.
France was attacked because they bombed ISIS some time before the attacks if I recall correctly.

It's easy to travel back and forth due to the Schengen zone agreement. You can travel through most of Europe without much border control.

I do agree we're not doing enough about radicalization. Molenbeek (the suburb you're referring to) is a very notorious neighborhood and has been that way for years. We need better educational programs to prevent radicalization.

I wonder how this will affect the EU refugee crisis. 

RIP to the innocent. SO disheartening to wake up to this type of news.

I was listening to CNN this morning and a guy being interviewed said that many European countries have been extremely lax in taking preventative measures in the war on terrorism. He was saying, in the US, post 9/11, a lot of measures were taken to help ensure the safety of folks in the country. Is it 100% foolproof? Absolutely not, but the guy was saying how things need to change ASAP in Europe.

Such a bummer hearing about this news the moment you start your drive to work. 

So sad.

Yes. We have lots of middle eastern immigrants. Roughly 7% of our population is muslim and estimates suggest around 900k citizens are of middle eastern descent. There's no accurate numbers because for some reason it's forbidden to collect that data. 
 Middle Eastern women
devil.gif

Im not mad at anyone who wants to discuss the politics involved. Yall dont realllly care about the 30 some dead

Boko commits bombings like these weekly and yall dont eem notice... apparently #EUlivesmatter

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom