2 explosions at Brussels airport

The Taliban says they're going after Easter celebrations, this isn't going to get any better.

The Taliban says they're going after Easter celebrations, this isn't going to get any better.
The attack in Brussels was originally planned for Easter but the arrest of Salah Abdeslam caused them to do it sooner.
Wouldn't be surprised if something happens again on Easter, it's like the police is finding explosives and AK-47's on a near daily basis now over here. They found 15kg of explosives in someone's house earlier this week

Last edited:
The worst bit is that they detonated next to swingsets, we'll see how Pakistan responds.

if only pakistan didn't treat muslims as second class citizens and ghettoize them.

You do realize that there are different branches of Islam and thus different groups?

Take the 45 Ismaili Shiite Muslims who were killed by Islamic state militants in Karachi, Pakistan last May...

Your ignorance is showing...These jihadis see any muslim that doesn't support their brand of Islam as apostates and will kill them all the same.

Perhaps instead of being a condescending ******* you should actually learn something on the subject before talking out of pocket.

1 - i am aware of the different branches

2 - they targeted a bunch of christians on easter

3 - i'm just trying to see what the narrative will be since it's a bit harder to blame the victim in this situation. Maybe people will skip over that usual deflection and go right to complaining that Belgium got significantly more coverage

1 - i am aware of the different branches

2 - they targeted a bunch of christians on easter

3 - i'm just trying to see what the narrative will be since it's a bit harder to blame the victim in this situation. Maybe people will skip over that usual deflection and go right to complaining that Belgium got significantly more coverage

Point is that these jihadis kill muslims and non-muslims all the same.

And this IS getting more coverage because the victims are Christian. That's not me spinning it, that is exactly what it is...

They aforementioned attack in Karachi in May which left 45 Ismaili Shiite muslims dead got little coverage in the west.

Ditto most of the attacks that happen in muslim nations where muslims are the victims.

Point again, these jihadis are everyones problem, including muslims. Your previous post seemed to indicate otherwise.

Last edited:

The conflicts that would've happened after the fall of the Ottoman empire were on hold for about 100 years, thanks to our need for oil. Now that we are moving closer to a world where it isn't the main source of power, the artificial borders created by the winners of WWI and WWII are bound to fall as the region is losing its strategic significance. That's also why we are seeing a more vocal opposition to Israeli aid and cooperation.

This is actually an interesting theory and I got into a huge debat about this in a sociology class I took back in 2008. I argued that the Middle East hasn't had the culture revolutions that Europe endured for hundreds of years that allowed it to become somewhat stable today.

And I still agree that this needs to happen. Essentially a purge of extemism whether religious or cultural. Then again, we don't want it to escalate to a world war which essentially this whole thing with ISIS is.

mean.gif

Islamic State crucifies Catholic priest on Good Friday

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/27/isis-crucifies-catholic-priest-good-friday/
[h1]Catholic priest Thomas Uzhunnalil not crucified by ISIS; 'Alive and safe' claim India officials[/h1]
Christian Deguit 08 April, 2016 11:33 AM

Father Tom Uzhunnalil, the Indian Catholic priest who was kidnapped from an old-age home by Islamic State of Israel and Syria (ISIS) militants in Yemen, is reported to be alive and safe.

The Catholic Bishops Conference of India (CBCI) has claimed that the Indian authorities are working to bring him back home safe. "The Vatican, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Catholic Church's working groups in Jordan and Abu Dhabi, besides Indian Embassy officials in Djibouti, along with Indians based in Yemen are all working hard to see that the priest is rescued," reports the Indo-Asian News Service.

According to the statement  released by the CBCI and shared by Deacon Greg Kandra, Sushma Swaraj, Minister of External Affairs, said that the negotiations cannot be disclosed now as it would endanger the whole process of release. This is to avoid complications and give assurance to Uzhunnalil's safety.

Swaraj relayed that the External Affairs Ministry has done its best to obtain a safe passage for Sr. Rema, the only surviving nun from the terrorist attack in Yemen.

"The members of the Delegation expressed the sincere gratitude of the whole Church in India for the various steps taken by the Government of India and, in particular, the [Honorable] Minister for External Affairs, to trace and rescue Fr. Tom Uzhunnalil from the abductors," the CBCI statement continued.   

With regard to the wild rumors about Fr. Uzhunnalil's crucifixion by ISIS militants, those are reported to be baseless according to a statement issued by Monsignor Joseph Chinnayyan, deputy secretary general of the Catholic Bishops Conference of India.

The rumor began in India and eventually spread around the world on social media. During the Easter Vigil Mass of Cardinal Schonborn of Vienna, he mentioned Fr. Tom and his crucifixion.

Bishop Paul Hinder, head of the Apostolic Vicariate of Southern Arabia, said that Cardinal Schonborn was misinformed and asked the people to refrain from spreading false rumors.

http://christiandaily.com/article/c...live-and-safe-says-indian-minister/50999.html

Back
Top Bottom