2008 Australian Open

I stayed up up late last night to what Maria Sharpovia dominate & destroy Justine Henin.I didnt go to bed until 2:45am last night and had to be & workby 8:30am today.With that said though that was easily the best tennis I've seen played this year so far.Also tennis on ESPN2 HD is
pimp.gif

Damn I thought Henin would claw back after 5-4 down..

Sharapova was wow amazing.

I hope Ana goes through
happy.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by s9a1ct6o

Roddick was never good.

Dude relied on his serve too much in his prime and waited too late to improve his game, now it's showing.

Exactly!

I've followed Roddick's career from the start and he was never that good. He has the serve and that's it. Dude got hyped up when he had thatamazing run in the summer of 03 where he won the US Open. That was a great accomplishment but few people talked about how one dimensional his game is.

i felt bad for ferrer until he started rallying in the third set.

djokovic slayed him, but he's gonna need more steam in his upcoming games.

Whoever faces Djokovic in the semi-finals better bring the kitchen sink. I'm obviously rooting for Federer, but Blake is having a great Slam, and Novak andRafa are dissecting the competition one by one.

Like I said before, this may be one of his toughest challenges yet.

damn, mary carillo has been on the rag throughout this whole game.

sounding like debbie downer.

blake is keeping up somewhat, but federer will prevail as usual. just too in control

good games tonight.

maria sharapova vs jelena jankovic

ivanovic vs hantuchova

then

nadal vs tsonga (but smh @ 3:30am est)

Jelena didn't stand a chance.. whoever is coming out of the Ivanovic and Hantuchova match is toast.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say Tsonga wins tonight. For the past 2 years we've had surprise players make it to the Final (Baghdatis and Gonzo) and thiswould complete hat trick.

Maria and Ana in the Final, Maria in 2

Can't even make a call on the Federer and Djokovic match. It's gonna be a toss up. I do think whoever wins that match will win the entire thing though.

This is a great start to the tennis season. People pretty much gave up on the older players to dethrone Federer and were waiting for the new crop of talent.Well, now they've arrived in full force and this will be Roger's toughest year. I'm a huge Federer fan and seeing him pushed on a consistent basisis something I've been waiting for.

I like how the guys who thought I was crazy calling Sharapova here are nowhere to be found. She's taking it in 2...

And Federer/Djokovic may be the best match we see all tournament. While a Federer fan, I'd love to see Djokovic pull this one off

Do you guys think I should drop 5 bills to win 250 saying Federed Takes it? Aside, My little bro wants to bet me my cg 3's for his fire reds saying nadaltakes it. lol

this turned into a good game.

i was sure it was gonna end in two sets

it still looks like hantuchova will prevail.

i need to move to serbia.

wow, ivanovic played her rear off for that win.

hard fought. squeals like a damn sow though. hantuchova was ice cold with that handshake.

sharapova will clean the court with her the way she's been playing.

Really wanted to see Daniela win this one, but the better player did win. Ana is not looking good (play-wise) so her chances are slim to none that she'llbeat Maria (who is looking good play-wise among other things).

Not going to be watching the Tsonga and Nadal match, but I'm still sticking to my prediction, Tsonga in 4.
nerd.gif

See you guys tomorrow for Djoko and Fed...

Does anyone have a streaming live

of ana ivanoic i was just watching it and espn360 cut me off
frown.gif

Man ana is $!!+*+* hot,

Back
Top Bottom