2008 Australian Open

Tsonga really showing his potential today by knocking off Gasquet.

And I really didn't realize it until now, but Roger's road to his 13th Grand Slam will be one of his toughest tests. His next opponent is Berdych (who,FYI, beat him at the Olympics in '04, an omen perhaps?) and if he passes that test, he will potentially have to face Blake, Djokovic and Nadal. Thingsreally don't look that good, but if he can put away Berdych in 3, I think he'll have enough in the tank for a title run.

this dude Andy Roddick is a straight clown. Making fun of the judge like that
laugh.gif

and WOW and Maria Kirelenko

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

Vamos Rafa. Para todos los Españoles tio!

Wow what a pansy for Mathieu to just walk off the court like that.
what happened? I missed it

Supposedly it was his calf muscle something or other, but at the time it seemed real mysterious due to the way he told Nadal he couldn't go on and thenjust walked off the court. Everyone what like "what the heck just happened"?

Venus played a little too conservative but still got the W. She plays Ivanovic next and she needs to play with more aggression if she wants to win.

James Blake with a very impressive win. Will probably play Federer next.

I'm going to try to get tickets to this year's US Open.

James Blake and Federer are going to play next. I'm hoping for a miracle.

Does anybody know what U.S. Open ticket prices are like?
Here's a site with more reasonable prices: http://www.tickco.com/sports_tennis_us_open_tickets.htm Though there are times when the US Opendoes have some promotions with REALLY cheap prices. I can't remember if it was last year or the year before but they had tickets for Arthur Ashe Stadiumfor $10 on Ticketmaster. You could even get tickets for the semifinals if you acted fast enough on the deal.

has been a good australian open so far.

i can't wait for tennis season to start up then the summer so i can go to the cincinnati masters.

so i say fed will take this match, then nole will beat hewitt. he [djokovic] is just too good right now, plus hewitt had the 4:45 five-setter so that shouldcontribute a lot.

juan carlos ferrero and david ferrer should be real good. jcf is the man for using the POG, but ferrer's forehand is just a monster.

two nights ago was interesting with the federer match
but this morning the williams match put me to sleep for a couple of hours!

pimp.gif

Good win for Federer. Glad to see him close out the match with Berdych in three, especially with Blake on a roll.. I really don't see anymore changes forFederer's run. Djokovic should handle Hewitt easily and Nadal is a virtual lock for the Final. JCF is the only true dark horse left and Ferrer has provento be one of the toughest competitors on tour. Their matchup should be awesome. Also the potential matchup with Tsonga and Nadal on the opposite side of thedraw looks intriguing, but I really don't see any problems with Rafa's chance to be a finalist.

Don't think I'll even watch the Djoko and Hewitt match, Novak in straight sets.

Also the potential matchup with Tsonga and Nadal on the opposite side of the draw looks intriguing, but I really don't see any problems with Rafa's chance to be a finalist.

It's way too early to pencil Nadal into the finals. Nadal's biggest challenge in his draw is Youzhny who I expect will beat Tsonga. Youzhny's shownthrough the years that he gives Nadal a lot trouble and just recently destroyed him in Chennai.

Djoker vs. Hewitt underway...

it'll be interesting to see how Hewitt's legs hold up, as the rallies thus far look reasonably lengthy...

Back
Top Bottom