2009 MIKE VICK PREDICTIONS?

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by drock2010

Originally Posted by izzybaby23

start for the skins
Your kidding right

I cant tell if he is. He also told me a few days ago that Jason Campbell is going to win the Super Bowl. So clearly he doesnt think before he types.

I dont think the ******** will pick him up but he was better than Jason Campbell, pre-jail. I dont know about now though?

I hope gets a chance.. Maybe the Seahawks will give him a try since Jim Mora and Greg Knapp are familiar with him

I laugh in the face of any franchise that even contemplates putting this man behind center.

I honestly don't think he's going to be reinstated anyways. He lied to Goodell's face. I think Pacman got as many chances as he did because he hasalways been honest with Goodell. What is hilarious about this whole situation to me is that had he just cooperated from the start, he probably would have neverseen jail time. I'm sure he would have been suspended for some amount of time, but nothing compared to what he has suffered.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

If the 49ers sign him I will stop being a fan until he is gone.
Why? I'm sure he can still play, and I'm sure he's better than Smith.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by drock2010

Originally Posted by izzybaby23

start for the skins
Your kidding right

I cant tell if he is. He also told me a few days ago that Jason Campbell is going to win the Super Bowl. So clearly he doesnt think before he types.

I dont think the ******** will pick him up but he was better than Jason Campbell, pre-jail. I dont know about now though?
Vick won't be a started this year
A team might pick him up but he won't start
and that team won't be the ********

He was a bad quarterback before he missed two years of football... He's not just gonna come back and all of the sudden be a good quarterback...

i only read page 1 so if this was mentioned before just disregard it, but vick is the qb both ways in prisoners vs guards games, so saying he hasnt playedfootball in 2 years isnt entirely true. obviously a pick up game in prison isnt exactly like the nfl though

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

He was a bad quarterback before he missed two years of football... He's not just gonna come back and all of the sudden be a good quarterback...

Yeah he got those 3 pro bowl selections being a bad quarterback?
eyes.gif

Seriously the only guys I would take before him would Brady,Manning,McNabb,Brees,Warner,Roesthliberger,Cutler,Ryan,Palmer,Eli Manning and Rivers.

Seriously right now even coming out of prison he's in the top half of the leauge in terms of quarterbacks.

Mike is still gonna be that dude

MichaelVick9a.jpg

eyes.gif

Seriously the only guys I would take before him would Brady,Manning,McNabb,Brees,Warner,Roesthliberger,Cutler,Ryan,Palmer,Eli Manning and Rivers.

Seriously right now even coming out of prison he's in the top half of the leauge in terms of quarterbacks.

MichaelVick9a.jpg
laugh.gif
u really gonna use the PB as an argument?

Do people realize he wasn't a good QB?

He will in no way, shape, or form be a top 15 QB in the league after a 2 year absence...that's insane....

I don't see him doing that much honestly, but maybe something other than QB or in a WildCat formation he could have some success.....

And Pro Bowls do not mean you are a great QB. The voting for that thing is a joke (see Brett Farve this year, or certain players every year). I'm notsaying Vick was an awful NFL player, but he wasn't an elite QB to begin with, and with the time off and everything that goes with it, there are a lot offactors working against him. Plus who knows if Roger doesn't make him wait an additional year after he is released.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

eyes.gif

MichaelVick9a.jpg
laugh.gif
u really gonna use the PB as an argument?

Do people realize he wasn't a good QB?

Yes I am. Because the Pro Bowl is voted on by coaches,fans and players. You can say he wasnt the great passer in the leauge but what hebrings to your franchise as far as playmaking equals being a competitive team.

Dude's PB selection were largely based on his running ability and stats, not his throwing. I almost guarantee that he lost a half a step. A half a step istaking the hit he took when he blew out his leg that one year. He has a strong arm, but he doesn't throw a catchable ball(except for Crumpler because heactually caught it). It's easy to throw hard, but it still has to be soft. That's why people love Favre's arm, as hard as he threw the ball, it wascatchable and super tight. I can maybe see him playing another position or be used in gimmick plays such as the wildcat and stuff, but that still is largelydependent on how his running speed and cutting ability is.

so, aside from their 11-5 year, "competitive" to you means playing around .500 football with Vick under center? He's EXTREMELYone-dimensional....and those pro-bowl nods were based off of reputation, rather than merit.

How many times was he an All-Pro?

He was never a good qb, but he can flat out win games. If he can retain any of the athleticism he had during his peak, I'm sure he could see a starting jobsomewhere, both to the detriment of the rest of the offense, and the possibility of bigger numbers in the win column. I always thought having a guy on yourteam that the other team had to scheme especially for was pretty powerful.

Seriously you cant tell some dudes who are playing QUARTERBACK are better than Vick.

Guys like
Kyle Orton
Jeff Garcia
Gus Frerotte
Travaris Jackson
Jake Delhomme
JaMarcus Russell
Shaun Hill
Trent Edwards
J.P. Losman
Seneca Wallace
Rex Grossman,
Dan Orlovsky
J.T. O'Sullivan
Kerry Collins
Andrew Walter
Vince Young
Brad Johnson
David Carr
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Byron Leftwich
Brian Griese

sick.gif

Come on guys save the hate! Vick can defintely start at quarterback in the NFL or at the very least be in two on any depth in the leauge except thePatroits.

If Pacman can get as many chances he did then so should Mike. I hope he does get a chance to come back and play well.

I can't seem to understand why some are saying he won't be the athelete he was before going to jail. He will be 29 years old in June. Unless he'sbeen doing heroin or something while in the clink why would he lose and abilities? He never had accuracy or high "QB IQ". You never forget how tojuke somebody until you can't do it anymore. I know some guys first hand who went to jail looking malnourished and came out looking like 50. Just aboutall you can do is take care of your body. Goodell probably going to give him on a tight leash.

Seriously you cant tell some dudes who are playing QUARTERBACK are better than Vick.

Guys like
Kyle Orton
Jeff Garcia
Gus Frerotte
Travaris Jackson
Jake Delhomme
JaMarcus Russell
Shaun Hill
Trent Edwards
J.P. Losman
Seneca Wallace
Rex Grossman,
Dan Orlovsky
J.T. O'Sullivan
Kerry Collins
Andrew Walter
Vince Young
Brad Johnson
David Carr
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Byron Leftwich
Brian Griese

sick.gif

Come on guys save the hate! Vick can defintely start at quarterback in the NFL or at the very least be in two on any depth in the leauge except the Patroits.

....90% of those guys are backups.....

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

If Pacman can get as many chances he did then so should Mike. I hope he does get a chance to come back and play well.
at the same time pacman STILL @#*%!% up! dude set a really bad example
grin.gif
tired.gif
hopefully Vick DOES get reinstated. and DOES succeed andprove all the doubters wrong. he's a human being and human beings make mistakes and get second chances. i mean if he %@+$# up again then you can arguewhether he should be reinstated again like pacman. but i'm sure he's learned his lesson and wants his life back.i'm also hoping aftera 2 yearabsence he can still ball.

He was never a good qb, but he can flat out win games.
?
[table][tr][th=""]2001[/th] [td]2001[/td] [td]NFL[/td] [td]NFC[/td] [td]West[/td] [td]4th[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]2002[/th] [td]2002[/td] [td]NFL[/td] [td]NFC[/td] [td]South[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]Won Wild Card Playoffs (Packers) 27-7
Lost Divisional Playoffs (Eagles) 20-6[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]2003[/th] [td]2003[/td] [td]NFL[/td] [td]NFC[/td] [td]South[/td] [td]4th[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]2004[/th] [td]2004[/td] [td]NFL[/td] [td]NFC[/td] [td]South[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]Won Divisional Playoffs (Rams) 47-17
Lost Conference Championship (Eagles) 27-10[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]2005[/th] [td]2005[/td] [td]NFL[/td] [td]NFC[/td] [td]South[/td] [td]3rd[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]2006[/th] [td]2006[/td] [td]NFL[/td] [td]NFC[/td] [td]South[/td] [td]3rd[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]
What gives you that impression, that he can "flat out win games"? And these records were before the time off. Again, he may be able to find a placethat brings him in with special situations (Kordell style when he first started in the league), but a full time QB? I don't think he will ever be thatagain, at least not a starting QB. Falcons are so much better off with Matt Ryan, amazing how that worked out. And prison can mess you up with sports. Itisn't about just continuing to work out, being away from the sport can make it very tough to get back into it.

Originally Posted by ohboy716

I can't seem to understand why some are saying he won't be the athelete he was before going to jail. He will be 29 years old in June. Unless he's been doing heroin or something while in the clink why would he lose and abilities? He never had accuracy or high "QB IQ". You never forget how to juke somebody until you can't do it anymore. I know some guys first hand who went to jail looking malnourished and came out looking like 50. Just about all you can do is take care of your body. Goodell probably going to give him on a tight leash.
Easily, he doesn't have a trainer with him 3-5 times a week. Or the nutritionist. I don't think 90% of the people on this boardunderstand the type of commitment it takes to keep that type of athletic ability from falling off quickly. Once you hit 25, a males body goes downhill. At 29you probably lost around 10% of your peak ability WITH a trainer, without a trainer and being in jail he probably lost a bit more. Losing 10% of his cuttingquickness and speed makes him an avg running QB like McNabb was in his peak. Take genetics and biology into consideration, not what you think you know.

Back
Top Bottom