2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro the argument was one on one who cooked. Why would you cite an entire game if that's the case. I never alleged that Kobe won more games head to head. Did LeBron score 27.9 against one on one against Kobe every game they played or something? 

What the hell does it even mean to "cook" someone :lol: ? Was the discussion about whether or not Kobe scored on Lebron one on one before? If so, what the hell kind of pointless discussion is that :lol: ? I'm sure they both scored on each other before, or "cooked" as y'all were saying. But at the end of the day, Lebron was better than Kobe when they have been matched head to head. That's my point, and that's what I thought you all were talking about.

You know km no Kobe fan bro check the avy
I'm just stating my honest opinion...

When Kobe came into the league yes
Lebron was supposed to be "it" before even entering the league..long b4

I wasn't referring to you with that statement. But to think Kobe wasn't anointed as the "It" from the moment he got into the league is just flat out foolish.

I wasn't referring to you with that statement. But to think Kobe wasn't anointed as the "It" from the moment he got into the league is just flat out foolish.
Kobe was not anointed as the next great player when he got drafted. The next "It" player does not get drafted 13th overall. Nobody for saw Kobe being what he is stop it. LeBron was King from day one going all the way back to high school.

You know km no Kobe fan bro check the avy
I'm just stating my honest opinion...

When Kobe came into the league yes
Lebron was supposed to be "it" before even entering the league..long b4
kobe had his fanfare, but i dont think it was anything compared to the hype lebron got coming into the league

they showed his hs games on espn

Politicians :lol:

You have duck and dodged my questions when it doesn't fit your talking points

For like the 4th time, since PER is such a be all stat then explain if David Robinson is the 4th best player of all time?

Wheres your response to the fact that MJ got cooked?

Whats your answer to the fact it took the Answer 41 shots to get 45 points?

How TMac, Vince and Iverson don't have one All-Defensive selection between all 3 of them?

Who was the catalyst for the current Heat teams? Lebron or Wade?

kobe had his fanfare, but i dont think it was anything compared to the hype lebron got coming into the league

Obviously in terms of hype coming into the league, Lebron was on another level. I'm not saying that Lebron's hype coming into the league was on a lower plane than Kobe's. What i'm saying is if you don't think Kobe was tabbed as "The Next Jordan" from literally his rookie / sophomore years then I don't know what to tell you. He was voted as an All Star starter before he was an actual starter for christ sake :lol:

Politicians :lol:

You have duck and dodged my questions when it doesn't fit your talking points

For like the 4th time, since PER is such a be all stat then explain if David Robinson is the 4th best player of all time?

Wheres your response to the fact that MJ got cooked?

Whats your answer to the fact it took the Answer 41 shots to get 45 points?

How TMac, Vince and Iverson don't have one All-Defensive selection between all 3 of them?

Who was the catalyst for the current Heat teams? Lebron or Wade?

I may be late to the party which may explain why I have no idea what you are talking about :lol:

That PER stuff sounds like some John hollinger overly reliant on statistics nonsense that don't tell the entire story.

Different sport but tony romo has better career stats then troy aikman. Show only the stats and not the names and most people would assume aikman had the better stats of the two. Stats and PER stuff only tell part of the story.

Baseball is the only sport I even bother with these super analytics. Everything else has way too many variables to work. Baseball has the individual battles so it works.

Obviously in terms of hype coming into the league, Lebron was on another level. I'm not saying that Lebron's hype coming into the league was on a lower plane than Kobe's. What i'm saying is if you don't think Kobe was tabbed as "The Next Jordan" from literally his rookie / sophomore years then I don't know what to tell you. He was voted as an All Star starter before he was an actual starter for christ sake
laugh.gif
He wasn't touted as the next Jordan when he came into the league again stop the nonsense. Dude was a bench player his first. He EARNED the title as the next Jordan. No one called dude that in High School nor when he got drafted. How does the alleged next Jordan slide all the way to 13th overall?

Last edited:

Obviously in terms of hype coming into the league, Lebron was on another level. I'm not saying that Lebron's hype coming into the league was on a lower plane than Kobe's. What i'm saying is if you don't think Kobe was tabbed as "The Next Jordan" from literally his rookie / sophomore years then I don't know what to tell you. He was voted as an All Star starter before he was an actual starter for christ sake :lol:

You got a nice backpedal going on right now fam :lol:

First Kobe was "it" from the MOMENT he came into the league, now u trying to slide his sophomore year in the convo :smh:

Bean wasnt the man like that coming in point blank period , son wasnt even close to the #1 pic now you portraying him as the next best thing.

He had a buzz coming in but nothing crazy , however once people saw the flashes his star power grew drastically almost instantly.

First Kobe was "it" from the MOMENT he came into the league, now u trying to slide his sophomore year in the convo :smh:

Bean wasnt the man like that coming in point blank period , son wasnt even close to the #1 pic now you portraying him as the next best thing.

He had a buzz coming in but nothing crazy , however once people saw the flashes his star power grew drastically almost instantly.

I'm not backpedaling at all. He was "it" coming into the league. You know how many guards got drafted out of HS before him? For him to go lotto as a guard out of High School pretty much says he was "it." For the Lakers to pair a rookie out of HS with Shaq lets you know they already felt he was "it."

He definitely had a buzz / it coming right into the league and by the end of his sophomore year he was being compared to Jordan.

Where did I backpedal?

You ain't know you arguing with a heat fan huh lol

Last edited:
He wasn't touted as the next Jordan when he came into the league again stop the nonsense. Dude was a bench player his first. He EARNED the title as the next Jordan. No one called dude that in High School nor when he got drafted. How does the alleged next Jordan slide all the way to 13th overall?

Show me where I said coming into the league, Kobe was pegged as the next Jordan? But as a guard, him going lotto should tell you how much buzz / "it" was behind him. You know how many guards out of HS came before Kobe? That should tell you how much buzz this guy had coming out of HS.

He slid to 13 because 1) He didn't want to go to NJ at 8 I think and 2) More importantly, he was a guard coming out of HS. No one had done it before so of course he isn't going to be the number one pick but again, for him to go Lotto fresh out of HS as a guard should let you know where the buzz was at with him.

That PER stuff sounds like some John hollinger overly reliant on statistics nonsense that don't tell the entire story.

Different sport but tony romo has better career stats then troy aikman. Show only the stats and not the names and most people would assume aikman had the better stats of the two. Stats and PER stuff only tell part of the story.

Baseball is the only sport I even bother with these super analytics. Everything else has way too many variables to work. Baseball has the individual battles so it works.

Bingo!

Stats are cool but they aren't the end all be all

Dudes need to get back to actually watching games

I'm not backpedaling at all. He was "it" coming into the league. You know how many guards got drafted out of HS before him? For him to go lotto as a guard out of High School pretty much says he was "it." For the Lakers to pair a rookie out of HS with Shaq lets you know they already felt he was "it."

He definitely had a buzz / it coming right into the league and by the end of his sophomore year he was being compared to Jordan.

Where did I backpedal?

Your first post said that he was it coming into the league and it just isn't true....then u say his sophomore year like its the same thing it's not....a players star power grow can exponentially in one season

Every year there is one maybe two guys that are it coming in the league, Bron, Shaq, Duncan, Ewing etc etc those guys were it coming in...REALLY IT!

Kobe was nowhere close to that, doesnt mean nobody ever heard of him but he damn sure wasnt the man coming into the league.

Kobe didnt go to college obviously and his games were not televised on TV so where did he get this it label from ?

This was written about Kobe before he finished his 2nd season in the league. Talking about him with the likes of Magic and Jordan...He averaged 15 a game this year. If that isn't buzz then I don't know what is :lol:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1012689/

Ok

I guess coming into the league and the middle of your second season are the same thing :smh:, and u not seeing the two step you doing right now fam ?

You over estimated his star power coming in no problem, but digging up irrelevant articles to back an inaccurate statement in the first place makes it look worse.

Maybe slightly desperate.......maybe....no hate tho

Your first post said that he was it coming into the league and it just isn't true....then u say his sophomore year like its the same thing it's not....a players star power grow can exponentially in one season

Every year there is one maybe two guys that are it coming in the league, Bron, Shaq, Duncan, Ewing etc etc those guys were it coming in...REALLY IT!

Kobe was nowhere close to that, doesnt mean nobody ever heard of him but he damn sure wasnt the man coming into the league.

Kobe didnt go to college obviously and his games were not televised on TV so where did he get this it label from ?

Ok

I guess coming into the league and the middle of your second season are the same thing :smh:, and u not seeing the two step you doing right now fam ?

You over estimated his star power coming in no problem, but digging up irrelevant articles to back an inaccurate statement in the first place makes it look worse.

Maybe slightly desperate.......maybe....no hate tho

Prior to Kobe, a guard had never been drafted straight out of High School to the pros. Kobe not only got drafted, he went Lotto and was supposed to go top 10. If that isn't having "it" / an incredible buzz going into the draft, then I don't know what is.

Was he "REALLY IT!" as you say on the level of Ewing, Bron, Shaq? No, of course not. But he had "it." His "It" just wasn't on the level of those guys and by his 2nd year, he was being compared to Jordan after only averaging 15 a game. How is that not having "it" ?

You guys are downplaying how big he was and how much buzz he had coming into the league man. A Highschool guard coming into the league and being a lotto pick = Having it as far as I'm concerned.

This was my original statement. A highschool guard in 96 going Lotto in the NBA draft = Having it. It literally had never been done before. He was "it" man. The only reason why he didn't go higher was because of his agent. I never compared Kobe's buzz coming into the league to Lebron, Shaq, or Ewing or TD. But he certainly was "it" coming into the league.

Kobe was it coming IT coming into the league, period.
If you don't remember it that way no biggie, just means you didn't watch basketball due to age or other obligations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom