2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe was it coming IT coming into the league, period.
If you don't remember it that way no biggie, just means you didn't watch basketball due to age or other obligations

If he was "IT" why the Hornets trade him?

Why wasn't he a top 10 pick?
Because he and his agent engineered him to fall to the Hornets, who would then trade him to the Lakers.

Last edited:
come again?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bryanko01&p2=jamesle01

LeBron James 19 13 6 19 40.9 10.2 22.2 .461 1.2 3.9 .297 6.4 8.9 .712 1.7 6.0 7.7 7.3 2.1 0.7 3.6 2.5 27.9
Kobe Bryant 19 6 13 19 37.6 8.9 21.2 .419 1.2 3.9 .297 6.3 7.4 .851 0.8 4.1 4.9 4.9 1.2 0.2 3.4 2.5 25.3

lebron 27.9 kobe 25.3
lebron 13 wins 6 losses
kobe 6 wins 13 losses

Kobe cooked bron tho!!!!
bro..in what world? where is this cooking? just because one game he made some fadeaway on him and now he's cooked?

look at the #s.. they don't lie.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/10/3973248/lakers-heat-kobe-bryant-lebron-james

But if anyone wants to take a look at what’s happened when Bryant and James have actually played against each other, there’s another truth that has emerged. James has outplayed Bryant for years now in their head-to-head matchups. … With the Cleveland Cavs and now the Heat, James has beaten Bryant head-to-head five consecutive times. Over the past five years, it has been seven wins in nine games. Beyond the victories, James has generally dominated the matchups, as he’s averaged more points, rebounds, and assists and shot a significantly better percentage. This is where the yelling usually begins with the words “regular season,” “meaningless” and “rings” wrapped around various expletives and admonishments. Bryant has countless fans who seem to be defensive about anyone applying a scratch to his legacy, while James has developed into a popular postseason scapegoat. It makes this topic quite dicey to have a rational discussion about, and perhaps this will not turn out any differently.”
Read more at http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/01/20/lebron-james-beats-kobe-bryant-again/#ty14cDoTcMvmSI11.99

1) No guard had EVER come out of HS into the NBA. It was a huge gamble and risk. The fact that he still went Lotto and a team like the Lakers was willing to trade for him should say more than enough about how high he and other NBA teams were on him.

2) He would have went top 10 if his agent didn't force him to LA. Common knowledge.

bro..in what world? where is this cooking? just because one game he made some fadeaway on him and now he's cooked?

look at the #s.. they don't lie.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/10/3973248/lakers-heat-kobe-bryant-lebron-james

But if anyone wants to take a look at what’s happened when Bryant and James have actually played against each other, there’s another truth that has emerged. James has outplayed Bryant for years now in their head-to-head matchups. … With the Cleveland Cavs and now the Heat, James has beaten Bryant head-to-head five consecutive times. Over the past five years, it has been seven wins in nine games. Beyond the victories, James has generally dominated the matchups, as he’s averaged more points, rebounds, and assists and shot a significantly better percentage. This is where the yelling usually begins with the words “regular season,” “meaningless” and “rings” wrapped around various expletives and admonishments. Bryant has countless fans who seem to be defensive about anyone applying a scratch to his legacy, while James has developed into a popular postseason scapegoat. It makes this topic quite dicey to have a rational discussion about, and perhaps this will not turn out any differently.”
Read more at http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/01/20/lebron-james-beats-kobe-bryant-again/#ty14cDoTcMvmSI11.99

You missed his sarcasm bro.

If you don't remember it that way no biggie, just means you didn't watch basketball due to age or other obligations

I don't know. I'm not the Hornets or any of the teams that passed.
Maybe look at who the Hornets drafted pal, for an answer.
Maybe they didn't need a guard I don't know.

I've watched and played Basketball all my life. Kobe wasn't even the number 1 rated high school player the year he came out Ronnie Fields was. But hey I had other obligations right 
laugh.gif
? Kobe had some fanfare but no one knew he was going to be as good as he became point blank period.

Last edited:

I've watched and played Basketball all my life. Kobe wasn't even the number 1 rated high school player the year he came out Ronnie Fields was. But hey I had other obligations right :lol: ? Kobe had some fanfare but know one knew he was going to be as good as he became point blank period.

I would disagree

I've watched and played Basketball all my life. Kobe wasn't even the number 1 rated high school player the year he came out Ronnie Fields was. But hey I had other obligations right :lol: ? Kobe had some fanfare but know one knew he was going to be as good as he became point blank period.

Obviously. No one knows how any player is going to pan out coming into the league. But as I said before, for a high school guard to get essentially drafted in the lottery by the Los Angeles Lakers and to go top 10, then to be paired with Shaquille, should tell you how high the NBA and the Lakers were on him. I don't know about you, but when you are a guard going lotto in 96' that's having "it" and while he didn't have much public fanfare, around the NBA he had a crazy buzz. He was "it."

Last edited:
I don't think anyone here in this thread said that they were referring to Kobe as the next Jordan right out of high school :lol:

Obviously. No one knows how any player is going to pan out coming into the league. But as I said before, for a high school guard to get essentially drafted in the lottery by the Los Angeles Lakers and to go top 10, then to be paired with Shaquille, should tell you how high the NBA and the Lakers were on him. I don't know about you, but when you are a guard going lotto in 96' that's having "it" and while he didn't have much public fanfare, around the NBA he had a crazy buzz. He was "it."
Bruh you said the man was touted as the next Jordan the moment he came into the league. That's just not accurate be. Maybe you didn't mean to say that though.

Bruh you said the man was touted as the next Jordan the moment he came into the league. That's just not accurate be. Maybe you didn't mean to say that though.

Prove it. Show me where I said they were touting Kobe as the next Jordan out of high school. Show me :lol:

Kobe was known but he wasn't the "IT' guy during the draft process

He started wowing guys when the preseason began thats when the hype began

But the original statement was that Kobe wasn't as hyped as Lebron and that statement is true

I wasn't referring to you with that statement. But to think Kobe wasn't anointed as the "It" from the moment he got into the league is just flat out foolish.

This was my original statement. A highschool guard in 96 going Lotto in the NBA draft = Having it. It literally had never been done before. He was "it" man. The only reason why he didn't go higher was because of his agent. I never compared Kobe's buzz coming into the league to Lebron, Shaq, or Ewing or TD. But he certainly was "it" coming into the league.

Ok last attempt to get some clarity

When you say it are u saying it like oh that dude gon take over, he's a cant miss, or he's the best player in this draft class ?

Or it like yeah I heard about this high school kid who supposed to be pretty good, I can't wait to see him play heard he's got loads of potential "it" ?

Just saying, guys who I consider to be it coming into the league are easily number one or easily the best player in the class and Kobe was neither.

Obviously in terms of hype coming into the league, Lebron was on another level. I'm not saying that Lebron's hype coming into the league was on a lower plane than Kobe's. What i'm saying is if you don't think Kobe was tabbed as "The Next Jordan" from literally his rookie / sophomore years then I don't know what to tell you. He was voted as an All Star starter before he was an actual starter for christ sake
laugh.gif
No one said they were. You apparently were/are that's the problem.  His rookie year is right out of high school correct?

Last edited:
Again, Calipari and the Nets were going to take him #8, but Kobe and Arn Tellem said no and threatened to go overseas. So Calipari took Kerry Kittles instead.

The level headed P always lol coming with the info but attempts to stay out of the fray :lol: respect bro.

Honestly tho what's your take, was Kobe that dude coming outta high school or not..was he IT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom