2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did I think it was a back to back tonight for Miami. Wade really must of not felt right then sitting him self out like that

Why did you take out your meniscus in college wade why.

They've played Atlanta 3 times, he's missed all of them, and NONE were on a back to back. The games against the kings bulls & pistons weren't either. And he even sat out BOTH games on a back-to-back against Atlanta & Orlando. It's a little more to it than just back to backs

It sure is more then just back to backs. for some reason I thought tonight was a back to back but that's tomorrow. None the less I'd rather him sit out as much as possible now then sit out playoff time he probably really only has one more final push in him anyways.

I think that the team that drafted him should be provided that benefit. They didnt draft a guy just so he can leave in 4 years and then theyre stuck with nothing and had no say in the matter. Plus the player gets his money, so at least theyre still benefiting. Its better than taking all of the power out of the teams hands. We'd have teams Drafting top 3 picks and losing them every four years.

I don't agree with that, just because you draft a player shouldn't give you anymore rights to him than the ability to sign him to a contract period. Guys wouldn't always be leaving after 4 years, the team that drafted him would still have the biggest advantage and you act like they can't offer him a contract. The team always has a say regardless if the player is restricted or unrestricted.

It ain't just about getting the money it's about having the ability to be in control of your career which is bigger. A franchise talent like AD is going to generate more money for whichever team he is playing for than they can even pay him under the salary cap so that's not even a good argument when you think about it. I think your bias because you're a fan of a small market team in the Spurs and I get that but it doesn't make restricted free agency fair at all.

Like I said, it makes no sense from a business standpoint that you should have any obligations to an employer after you've fulfilled your contract. Players already have no say in where they are drafted, that should be the first and last time they do, that's some indentured servant type ****.

Last edited:
Boys is ballin out here 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think the 3 straight Finals runs catches up to them a lot more than partying.

It's damn near impossible to make a 4th straight run, they're attempting to do it this year. But looking like they'll need to go thru a younger Indy to do so.

Agreed, but if anyone can do it it's a LBJ led team.

Was listening to Chad Ford today and he made some very compelling points as to why The Pelicans should be tanking.

They aren't making the playoffs anyway, and if they continue to try and win and end up with a pick outside of the top 5, it's going to Philly anyway.

Interesting.

Why are Rockets jerseys cut so weird? they look like sleeveless shirts not jerseys
Because they don't have the ends outlined by the red "stripes", 
Nah that has nothing to do with it. they go out onto the shoulders of the players, look how wide the upper area between the neck and shoulder is compared to the Blazers. no other jerseys do that.

Look at Jeremy Lin, he looks like a Nascar fan that ripped the sleeves off his Budweiser T-Shirt

Last edited:
Was listening to Chad Ford today and he made some very compelling points as to why The Pelicans should be tanking.

They aren't making the playoffs anyway, and if they continue to try and win and end up with a pick outside of the top 5, it's going to Philly anyway.

Interesting.

Philly made some of the best offseason moves I've seen in a while last year. While the Pelicans should be tanking, their owner already stated how he wants to win now which is they brought in Jrue/Reke which I think was a bad move. Jrue can be their pg of the future but I don't like Reke's contract though he is a good player.

Last edited:

he'll be restricted. Can't imagine that he won't be matched. He'll be unrestricted somewhere around 2021
I hate this, Player's union should have addressed this in the CBA. Rookies should be unrestricted as soon as their first contract expires. A guy can end up spending his prime years player for the inept franchise who drafted him through no fault of his own. This is a player's league yet the owners get so much leeway out here it's disgusting.
But at the same time, those players would almost always leave that franchise, giving them next to chance to build and become a potential contender. The matching clause alleviates both of those concerns as best as it can. If they want him they'll match, if they dont they wont. Its the best solution 
they will always want him if hes a superstar player though. when you draft a player you get him for the length of his rookie contract, if in that time period you cant show him enough reasons to say with your team then you dont deserve to keep him. if you can prove to be a winning organization that is capable of building a team around the superstar player then it would be stupid for that player to leave.

Interesting.
i blame the owner. he's not seeing the bigger picture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom