2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monty Willims I don't think is optimizing the talent available, the GM made a number ****** moves, but the shot distribution in the offense is sub optimal.

I mean how many teams run pin downs for jason smith mid range jumpers.
laugh.gif
I think Monty Williams is a good coach, but as stated by others above, the moves made this offseason to build the roster made/make ZERO SENSE... be it for today or the future.

Like... yeah, I murder cats with NO on 2K14 but the line-up I run out there is not recipe for real life success. 

Anthony Davis X Noel at the 4-5 would've been straight
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Rivers did not show anything lottery worthy in college though he did hit one of the illest shots in Duke history in UNC's building

I really hate those types of foul calls. Call them when they happen, not after a shot is missed and the ball is rolling on the ground

It seems as if Dwight uses post up moves just to show that he put in work this summer. Instead of going straight to the cup, he goes into some sort of move almost everytime. Just seems as if some of it is not needed...

Rivers is one of my favorite players.

But i'm not bias. Judging from his one year at Duke, he had some very big hinderances in his game that wouldn't allow him to ever be worthy of a lottery pick. He was a bad shooter at Duke, judging by any metric that you could use. Terrible free throw shooter for a guard, streaky jumpshooter at best. He was quick off the dribble, but was a horrible finisher and couldn't put the ball in his left hand to save his life. He was undersized, and couldn't play the one.

So in essence, he was a generous 6'4 2guard who couldn't shoot, couldn't create his own shot, couldn't go left, and if he ever got into the paint, he would hardly ever make it. Definitely not the make up of a lotto pick.

But so what, Austin Rivers #1 :smokin

Really thought Ben Gordon, Eric Gordon, Dion Waters, OJ, Jerryd Bayless, would be the next wave of 2 guards :lol: curse me and my affinity for undersized 2 guards :smh:

It seems as if Dwight uses post up moves just to show that he put in work this summer. Instead of going straight to the cup, he goes into some sort of move almost everytime. Just seems as if some of it is not needed...

This. Cut the crap and try and dunk everything

Last edited:

That's because he's a stiff robot. He's not naturally a good post player so you'll never see the swiftness that a dominant post player has. Because he's naturally just not a good post player, everything is mechanical with him. It's like how a math genius can automatically skip like five steps and get to the answer, but someone who had to literally take his time and learn the steps, has to use said steps every time that math question presents itself. Everything is like predetermined with him. He literally plays like this: "Oh look, I should post up...I have the ball...I'm going to reverse pivot now...here's my rocker step...and now i'll go across the paint for a running hook"

why did harden leave one of the best shooters in the nba to try and steal the ball from a good ball handler?

Another part of that is he doesn't have good touch at the rim and a good feel for what the defense is doing, so he just goes with muscle memory.

batum pokes the ball away, harden brings his hands up and wraps them around batums arm after the ball is out and he gets fts

Austin Rivers was such an incredible shooter in high school, Jimmer like in his range and footwork.

what it tells you is that the increased activity level on both ends, but especially on defense, in the NBA means that that funky shooting form falls apart and isn't repeatable. he could repeat in high school becuase he didn't have to play d, less in college and not at all in the NBA.

Do crivers failed him as a father by not changing that dumb two hand volley ball jump shot. :lol:

Last edited:
Austin Rivers was such an incredible shooter in high school, Jimmer like in his range and footwork.

what it tells you is that the increased activity level on both ends, but especially on defense, in the NBA means that that funky shooting form falls apart and isn't repeatable. he could repeat in high school becuase he didn't have to play d, less in college and not at all in the NBA.

Do crivers failed him as a father by not changing that dumb two hand volley ball jump shot. :lol:

Shot really hinders him in the league because with that form, there's no way he can shoot off the dribble i.e. going left, going right because of how much it's under his chin. It's why in his time in the league almost every shot he takes is a floater regardless if its necessary or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom