2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was listening to Chad Ford today and he made some very compelling points as to why The Pelicans should be tanking.

They aren't making the playoffs anyway, and if they continue to try and win and end up with a pick outside of the top 5, it's going to Philly anyway.

Interesting.
Their tank plans went out the window once they traded for Jrue and signed Tyreke in attempts to create a playoff team. A few dudes were saying it wasn't gonna work either and they would end up missing out on a potential superstar because they would be decent enough to not be a upper lotto team.

Last edited:

Was listening to Chad Ford today and he made some very compelling points as to why The Pelicans should be tanking.

They aren't making the playoffs anyway, and if they continue to try and win and end up with a pick outside of the top 5, it's going to Philly anyway.

Interesting.
i blame the owner. he's not seeing the bigger picture.
this is the case for too many nba franchises 
mean.gif

i blame the owner. he's not seeing the bigger picture.

Welcome to my world.

My owner doesn't see anything tho...literally..... so he sold his team to some cock bag from Michigan who is known only for writing the dumbest letter known to man.

Last edited:
And fatheads :D

haha and it was classic after the "Decision" how me made all Bron fatheads $16.14 because that's when Benedict Arnold died or something lol.

I can't stand Dan Gilbert. and now the Browns owner could be the dumbest NFL owner.

good godm and y'all just rip my city apart.... **** y'all ... you guys have no idea.

Nah that has nothing to do with it. they go out onto the shoulders of the players, look how wide the upper area between the neck and shoulder is compared to the Blazers. no other jerseys do that.

Look at Jeremy Lin, he looks like a Nascar fan that ripped the sleeves off his Budweiser T-Shirt
I could see that, though I was hoping they would switch jerseys now that they have howard

Last edited:
They could very well be a playoff team if their six best players (Anderson, Davis, Evans, Gordon, Holiday and Smith) haven't missed a combined 48 games (they just played game number 40).

I agree. The Pelicans are too good to end up with a top 5 pick so in all likelihood, they'll end up with nothing. The Jrue and Reke deals didn't make sense from Jumpstreet though. Those players weren't good enough to bolster the Pelicans into a playoff team and now they're stuck.

Like everything had to go perfect (which almost never happens) with NO for them to even get the 8th seed so they were best suited continuing the rebuilding process instead of disrupting it with perennial high lotto type players. Especially since this draft was supposed to be "it." (Which it isn't...but that's a conversation for another time :lol:)

this is the case for too many nba franchises :smh:

A lot of owners are only in it to feed their ego's inflated by those billies and the fact that the NBA is so profitable. A Jerry Buss/Mark Cuban/Mickey Arison who's really in it to win, actually has the knowhow to bring in the right personnel and is willing to take a financial hit to win is rare.

Last edited:
They could very well be a playoff team if their six best players (Anderson, Davis, Evans, Gordon, Holiday and Smith) haven't missed a combined 48 games (they just played game number 40).

Yeah but this is what I mean. Everything had to go right for them to be an 8th seed in the conference and that wasn't going to happen. Injuries happen in the league and some of their top players even before this season had issues with staying healthy over the course of a season.

Honestly the Pelicans were never going to compete immediately with this squad. The idea was to build a young core and let them grow together, and eventually it will come together to some eventual 6-8 seeds until it's time to blow it up again. The Seattle/OKC approach, but with not as good players and an overpaid 6th man.

This is also true

Ryan Anderson just having a rough time in life in general, he was still playing well before that bad injury. Hope he can get back right soon, guy is a sniper

Small markets spending money unnecessarily and recklessly while they have a superstar developing. Only for that superstar to get fed up over time and force his way out.

It never fails.

Yeah but this is what I mean. Everything had to go right for them to be an 8th seed in the conference and that wasn't going to happen. Injuries happen in the league and some of their top players even before this season had issues with staying healthy over the course of a season.
Pretty much.

And I don't see Gordon / Evans being integral parts of a deep playoff team.
Sad part about it is, I don't even think they care to be anymore, Gordon been on auto-pilot.

Last edited:
This.

Pelicans made some questionable moves.

Should've kept Nerlans
Not signed Reke or trade for jrue
Let handicap walk

It's like a halfway tank job, Made no sense.
I would have signed Reke(still needed a 3) and kept Vasquez(How you reward a guy 2nd in the league with assist by trading him)

Gordon has been playing better but dude still has terrible body language. You can tell he doesn't want to be in NO and he wouldn't be but oh wait, he was a restricted free agent :smh:

Monty Willims I don't think is optimizing the talent available, the GM made a number ****** moves, but the shot distribution in the offense is sub optimal.

I mean how many teams run pin downs for jason smith mid range jumpers. :lol:

The drafting of Austin Rivers :smh:

Could've had Lamb :smh:

Just horrible

I remember watching that Draft and being like NO bout to win so hard after taking AD. Maybe they didn't wanna take Lamb because they already had EG? Idk man I just wouldn't have drafted Rivers period, not like he was a real pg.

Smith is shooting a better percentage on mid-range jumpers (45.0) than Aldridge (43.9), though.

And I'm pretty sure Gordon is just inherently an above-average shooting guard. No more excuses.
@nbastats Tonight, @AntDavis23 became the youngest player to have 25+pts, 10+reb, 4+stl, 4+blk in a game (20yrs315d). *Stls/Blks tracked since '73-74

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom