2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choosing between ad & love is like choosing between melo & pg, yeah the more experienced player may be a better scorer/rebounder but give me the younger player with a higher ceiling & better defense

I would take Davis over Love if I'm building for the future, but I would take Love if it was only for a season or 2.

Choosing between ad & love is like choosing between melo & pg, yeah the more experienced player may be a better scorer/rebounder but give me the younger player with a higher ceiling & better defense

Na, because PG is already better than Melo + he has more upside :lol:

You really can't go wrong w/ either Love or AD right now, but if I had to pick one to start a team w/ I'm picking AD.

Davis is not better than Aldridge man, get outta here

Seems like people don't even watch ball anymore

What exactly does Aldridge do better than Davis?
He's proven himself as a superior offensive player. Aldridge has been putting up an efficient 20ppg as a #1 option for years now. We are 4 games into Davis' first game as a #1 option, and he actually isn't even that efficient (only shooting 44.3% from the field right now, which is very poor for a big man).

Of course that is to be expected, because Davis doesn't have a well-developed, varied post game like Aldridge does so he isn't capable of imposing his will offensively to get high-percentage shots. Most of his baskets need to be assisted. If you switched Davis and Aldridge right now, Portland would get worse.

I'm not saying Davis can't surpass Aldridge in the future, but LMA has sustained a high-level of play on both ends for years. Saying Davis is better than Aldridge right now, 4 games into Davis' first season as a #1 option, is disrespectful.

I would take Davis over Aldridge. 6'11" tall and he averages 6 rebounds a game. He also lacks post moves and just shoots jumpers. 
The ironic thing is that last statement actually describes Davis' offense almost to a T

This is what I mean by people don't watch ball. Lamarcus Aldridge has a very refined post game. He can turn over either shoulder and score with an array of moves:

Find me an 8 minute highlight showcasing Davis' back to the basket game. Actually no, find me a 1 minute highlight showcasing Davis' back to the basket game.

Last edited:
He's proven himself as a superior offensive player. Aldridge has been putting up an efficient 20ppg as a #1 option for years now. We are 4 games into Davis' first game as a #1 option, and he actually isn't even that efficient (only shooting 44.3% from the field right now, which is very poor for a big man).

Of course that is to be expected, because Davis doesn't have a well-developed, varied post game like Aldridge does so he isn't capable of imposing his will offensively to get high-percentage shots. Most of his baskets need to be assisted. If you switched Davis and Aldridge right now, Portland would get worse.

I'm not saying Davis can't surpass Aldridge in the future, but LMA has sustained a high-level of play on both ends for years. Saying Davis is better than Aldridge right now, 4 games into Davis' first season as a #1 option, is disrespectful.

***** with that if they switched teams bs, the only thing aldridge does better than AD is shoot, he has no post moves because a fadeaway doesnt count, AD is a better rebounder,defender,finisher,athlete

That's just one side of the ball though. LMA is the more polished offensive player but the disparity isn't that great. This is the first time Davis has the opportunity to average the same amount of shots LMA's been taking for years and he's putting up basically the same amount of points.

When you factor in defense and rebounding, Davis is clearly the superior player and is only gonna get better as an overall player as the season goes on and he gets used to his new role with this team. Let's just put it like this: The gap between Davis and LMA's defense is greater than the gap between their offense.

That's just one side of the ball though. LMA is the more polished offensive player but the disparity isn't that great. This is the first time Davis has the opportunity to average the same amount of shots LMA's been taking for years and he's putting up basically the same amount of points.

When you factor in defense and rebounding, Davis is clearly the superior player and is only gonna get better as an overall player as the season goes on and he gets used to his new role with this team. Let's just put it like this: The gap between Davis and LMA's defense is greater than the gap between their offense.
I disagree with you, because LMA is actually a great defender. I don't know where people are getting this stuff about him not playing solid defense. The advanced stats studies have him at #5 in post defense:

(I'm not a Blazers fan but this is the link I found)
http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/3/4...arcus-aldridge-among-nbas-best-post-defenders

If LMA was a Love or David Lee type defender I would see your point, but that isn't the case. He doesn't have the potential of Davis nor does he block shots as well, but he is a very good defender who is tough and stands his ground in the post.

The main knock on Aldridge is his rebounding, he needs to be averaging 10+rpg. But in every other facet of the game he is above average.

Davis is averaging "the same amount of points" but on much lower efficiency, plus most of his buckets are assisted or putbacks. It's not like he's taking dudes to work on the block. If my big man is averaging 22ppg but shooting 44.3% I would want him to be taking less shots. Right now it would be better for Davis to average 17-18ppg on 50% fg. When he develops a post game, he will be able to demand a bigger role in the offense and can average 20ppg on 50%+ for multiple seasons like Aldridge has. But he hasn't developed that yet. Don't give him a pass for something he hasn't done yet.

That's my thing, people are putting unproven players over guys who are proven. I agree with you all that Davis will end up being better than Aldridge, but right now? No not yet. Slow your roll.

Last edited:

I would take Davis over Aldridge. 6'11" tall and he averages 6 rebounds a game. He also lacks post moves and just shoots jumpers. 

actually aldridge has a pretty good post game

haven't seen AD play yet this year though so I'll reserve judgement on who's better

I disagree with you, because LMA is actually a great defender. I don't know where people are getting this stuff about him not playing solid defense. The advanced stats studies have him at #5 in post defense:

(I'm not a Blazers fan but this is the link I found)
http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/3/4...arcus-aldridge-among-nbas-best-post-defenders

If LMA was a Love or David Lee type defender I would see your point, but that isn't the case. He doesn't have the potential of Davis nor does he block shots as well, but he is a very good defender who is tough and stands his ground in the post.

The main knock on Aldridge is his rebounding, he needs to be averaging 10+rpg. But in every other facet of the game he is above average.

Davis is averaging "the same amount of points" but on much lower efficiency, plus most of his buckets are assisted or putbacks. It's not like he's taking dudes to work on the block. If my big man is averaging 22ppg but shooting 44.3% I would want him to be taking less shots. Right now it would be better for Davis to average 17-18ppg on 50% fg. When he develops a post game, he will be able to demand a bigger role in the offense and can average 20ppg on 50%+ for multiple seasons like Aldridge has. But he hasn't developed that yet. Don't give him a pass for something he hasn't done yet.

That's my thing, people are putting unproven players over guys who are proven. I agree with you all that Davis will end up being better than Aldridge, but right now? No not yet. Slow your roll.

Fair enough. I know Davis is shooting a low percentage right now but I know that it will rise around that 50% mark by the end of the season. Like I said, he's still getting used to all the touches and minutes after being so restricted last season. At the end of the day, defense and rebounding (not saying LMA isn't good in these categories) wins championships so I'm gonna go with the guy who's better in those categories but can still hold his own on the offensive end.

Last edited:
pacers bench coming up big last night in the 4th... indy off to a great start this season

klay thompson with a big 4th qtr last night too

first andray blatche, now caron butler getting fined for the sam cassell dance :rofl: :rofl:

Obviously he won't keep it up, but I love the fact that John Wall is shooting 42% on 3's so far...

Just as long as he's over 35%, I'll be happy.

Where are the clowns who said Rose should come back in the middle of the playoffs? That's what I want to know.

he should have. Then he wouldnt be playing like **** right now.

You off for half a decade naturally you will be rusty

If the Thunder were smart they would move Perk ASAP for anything, literally anything so they can save that amnesty.
What would be the point of "saving" it? There's nobody on the roster that they benefit from using it on besides Perkins.

The LaMarcus slander :smh:

Dude is head and shoulders above AD offensively. Give the young man some time to grow before over rating him.

Like the YouTube video posted earlier shows, AD can't go to work one-on-one in the post like that

Man, MIke Brown still is terrible on offense and with his rotations. I still don't get why we hired him again, it didn't work the first time with the best player in the game and I don't see it working now. Bennett has not shown even a flash of being semi decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom