2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

Cowboys need: OL, DE, Possibly DT, S

Really they shouldn't go after anything else.

1st Round I hope they go after a Guard. The offensive line was absolutely horrible. And they need to fix that for Romo's sake, and for DeMarco Murray's sake. Murray is a legit back. But if you can't block for him, he will never be as good as he could be, and if he isn't playing to his ability because he has to act like Barry Sanders out there, our Passing gets weakened because you can blitz all day with no worries because the line won't stop you (with the exception of Tyron Smith)

Warmack is someone I like. His projection is all over the place though. McShay has him 10th to the Browns. But I've seen 7th, 14th, 18th, 24th as well.

If we go DL maybe Werner or Sylvester Williams if either of them drop to 18.

Last edited:
Good move for Moore. He has something like 8 brothers and sisters that his mom can barely provide for. There's absolutely no reason he should come back for another year if he can get top 5-10 money.

Good move for Moore. He has something like 8 brothers and sisters that his mom can barely provide for. There's absolutely no reason he should come back for another year if he can get top 5-10 money.

:smokin

Hope he destroys the combine. Everything I read about him makes him seem like a great kid.

First 20 are set.

1. Kansas City Chiefs (2-14)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-14)
3. Oakland Raiders (4-12)
4. Philadelphia Eagles (4-12)
5. Detroit Lions (4-12)
6. Cleveland Browns (5-11)
7. Arizona Cardinals (5-11)
8. Buffalo Bills (6-10)
9. New York Jets (6-10)
10. Tennessee Titans (6-10)
11. San Diego Chargers (7-9)
12. Miami Dolphins (7-9)
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-9)
14. Carolina Panthers (7-9)
15. New Orleans Saints (7-9)
16. St. Louis Rams (7-8-1)
17. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8)
18. Dallas Cowboys (8-8)
19. New York Giants (9-7)
20. Chicago Bears (10-6)

Nevada RB Stefphon Jefferson will enter the draft
Robert Woods is expected to enter the draft after they play the sun bowl today

I doubt there's going to be many QB's going in the first 10 like projected. Alex Smith will be traded, plus Romo might go too. 

maybe 1 in the top 10

Last edited:
This QB class :x Landry Jones about to mess around in the Cotton Bowl and move back into the 1st round :lol:

With us bein at #12 now, we have a lot of options, literally.

Smith, Hartline, Starks, Bush, Long, and Fasano all are free agents. We can re-sign then, or let them go. I put them in order of who should stay most, Fasano bein the least.

We have somewhere between 40-47 million in cap space, give or take a mil or two. Reports contradict, so tough to say the exact number.

IF, we were to keep most of these guys, or all of them, whichever, then the offseason should be simple.

Sign either Greg Jennings, or D. Bowe. (Jennings the natural fit with Philbin, his sis already tweeting for him to go to South Beach to get paid)

Maybe bring in Jermichael Finley if he walks, another Philbin fit.

In a long shot, if they let Bush go, and Tenn decides not to pay the big bonus due CJ2K, make a run at him. He's an upgrade over Bush, do it. If Chris stays in Tenn, then you can try to work a fair deal with Reggie, one or the other. (Lamar Miller waits in the wings as well)

Then, use 12 to take a DE, I don't even care which one. Moore, Jordan, one of the LSU boys, one of the Florida State boys, whoever is left at 12. Take one. We need another opposite Wake. Let's Vernon develop in the background anyways, he needs a lot of work, get an NFL ready pass rusher right now at 12.

2 picks in round 2, 2 picks in round 3, fill the holes. Add another WR, go Jennings, Hartline, Bess, WR rd 2, and Mathews for your 1-5. Finley works fine as a TE, along with Clay, or you can draft another if you wish. (Egnew failed us, but could come up someday if they work his ***)
Grab a CB in round 2, Richard Marshall comes back next year, you re-sign Smith, you now have a viable 3 with a couple depth chart types as well, and look Safety in round 3 to pair next to Reshad Jones, who turned into one helluva player this year.

The rest, look OT/OG, a TE like I said, maybe a later round RB for short yardage carries, and a couple linebackers to develop. (Kaddu waits in the background from this past draft)

Also talk we could sign a Safety to put next to Jones, meaning another draft pick to use elsewhere, possibly linebacker there, unless we need to fill in for a free agent we let go, like Long or Starks.

Do all that, and Tannehill will have the toys to play with, the line to keep him alive, and a defense that's solid and won't give up 30 a game. At that point, we depend on Tannehill becoming who we hope he does, or 9-7 for life shall be us. If he can develop into somebody, and the weapons help him, we play it out for a couple years learnin, waiting for Brady to get the **** out of our way.

Nothin crazy, all workable. 45 mil + 10 draft picks is a fun offseason for us. We should be involved in a lot of things and be able to move forward, without taking steps back for a change. For instance trading for RG3 would cost us tons of picks, instead we have all our picks, plus extras to get some work done. We can just fill in the holes that free agency doesn't fix and also take players that slip, hoping their talent works out, ala Burfict this year.

This QB class :x Landry Jones about to mess around in the Cotton Bowl and move back into the 1st round :lol:

:lol: doubt it.

He might put up better numbers than Glennon and Geno have but probably will not look pretty doing it.

Barkley's stock is rising cause he will not be playing :lol:

Alex Smith will be traded, plus Romo might go too. 
Why would the Cowboys trade Romo? The QBs in this draft sucks and its not like they're going to get anyone better through trade or FA...

Back
Top Bottom