2014 NBA Draft Thread

You really have no idea what you're talking about, I just did back it up, you're being too base.
You said they looked the same at 19, I simply asked you for proof.. and you post stats and say they both are athletic bigs. I never said I know what I'm talking either I was asking you to prove your statement that they looked the same at 19. If you have some, I'd like to honestly see it

You said they looked the same at 19, I simply asked you for proof.. and you post stats and say they both are athletic bigs. I never said I know what I'm talking either I was asking you to prove your statement that they looked the same at 19. If you have some, I'd like to honestly see it

What do you want? They have the same body (Embiid is a bit bigger), same moves, similar stats (Embiid was better), same background playing soccer. Both learned the game in their late teens, both from Africa.

Embiid studied a Hakeem highlight tape while he was learning the game for Christ sake. :lol:

He did the dream shake multiple times at Kansas, something Hakeem didn't master till he was in the L.

Just admit you don't wanna see, you act as if I'm the only one to make this comparison, I don't need to prove anything, you just sound silly and I'm tryna help you get it.

Nobody is saying he's going to be as great as Hakeem, that would be hyperbole to the max but to say he doesn't have that kind of potential is shortsighted.

What do you want? They have the same body (Embiid is a bit bigger), same moves, similar stats (Embiid was better), same background playing soccer. Both learned the game in their late teens, both from Africa.

Embiid studied a Hakeem highlight tape while he was learning the game for Christ sake.
laugh.gif

He did the dream shake multiple times at Kansas, something Hakeem didn't master till he was in the L.

Just admit you don't wanna see, you act as if I'm the only one to make this comparison, I don't need to prove anything, you just sound silly and I'm tryna help you get it.

Nobody is saying he's going to be as great as Hakeem, that would be hyperbole to the max but to say he doesn't have that kind of potential is shortsighted.
roll.gif

Embiid studied a Hakeem highlight tape while he was learning the game for Christ sake. :lol:

I have to say this.

Joel Embiid is a good athlete for a center, Hakeem Olajuwan is one of the greatest athletes the human race has ever produced.

People comparing him to Olajuwan are forgetting just how freaky of an athelte he was.

I think his ceiling is maybe 75% of what Hakeem was.

Last edited:
I have to say this.

Joel Embiid is a good athlete for a center, Hakeem Olajuwan is one of the greatest athletes the human race has ever produced.

People comparing him to Olajuwan are forgetting just how freaky of an athelte he was.

I think his ceiling is maybe 75% of what Hakeem was.

True Hakeem does have him athletically but he has pretty much everyone athletically, at least Embiid is kinda close.

imagine someone winning the highest payout lottery 3 of the last 4 years... not even fathomable right? Unless you're Gilbert lol

imagine someone winning the highest payout lottery 3 of the last 4 years... not even fathomable right? Unless you're Gilbert lol
Just curious do people actually think the lottery is rigged? Like what good does the Cavs winning 3 of 4 do for the NBA when the Celtics and the Lakers struggling...

Also dont forget that Kyrie was a pick from the Clippers that we traded Mo Williams for.

I actually like the Ewing comparison more than Hakeem one.

Side note, 1984 draft has got to be the greatest draft ever

Lakers get Randle? I guess i can dig that..

Just curious do people actually think the lottery is rigged? Like what good does the Cavs winning 3 of 4 do for the NBA when the Celtics and the Lakers struggling...

Also dont forget that Kyrie was a pick from the Clippers that we traded Mo Williams for.
Dumbest post I read so far.

Back
Top Bottom