2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got a feeling the cavs are making the worst decision ever, the guy wants to be a cav, we can wait for love lebron aint going anywhere

it will come back to haunt them. this might be as bad as the harden trade.

Last edited:
Trading an unproven player for a dude top 3 at his position is nowhere near similar to the Harden situation.

you dont trade arguably the best prospect since lebron. period. at least not until after you see him play. i dont care who they're getting back

Last edited:
meh, you're getting a proven commodity that makes you the best team in the East right away. You pull the trigger begrudgingly.

IMO this is like the Elway x Manning x Tebow situation.

Not in the improvement sense, only in the sense that Tebow was treated like ish on his exit.

Also, I felt like it was an ego move by Elway.

Last edited:
IMO this is like the Elway x Manning x Tebow situation.

Not in the improvement sense, only in the sense that Tebow was treated like ish on his exit.

Also, I felt like it was an ego move by Elway.
Wiggins > Tebow in both sports

You're trading for Kevin Love. Not some bum. Not some schmuck that's overpaid on the back end of his career. You're trading for literally the 2nd best PF in the game potentially. Love on that Cavs team makes them the favorites to win the East this year. Do I wanna see them trade Wiggins, no, but if that's what it takes then so be it. You really don't know how Wiggins will develop and how long it will take. You already know Love will be perfect complimenting LeBron and Kyrie right out of the gate.

And let's be real, Tebow can't throw a ******* football. You'd rather keep a dude like that around than pursue the best QB of the current generation?

Last edited:
You're trading for Kevin Love. Not some bum. Not some schmuck that's overpaid on the back end of his career. You're trading for literally the 2nd best PF in the game potentially. Love on that Cavs team makes them the favorites to win the East this year. Do I wanna see them trade Wiggins, no, but if that's what it takes then so be it. You really don't know how Wiggins will develop and how long it will take. You already know Love will be perfect complimenting LeBron and Kyrie right out of the gate.

And let's be real, Tebow can't throw a ******* football. You'd rather keep a dude like that around than pursue the best QB of the current generation?
I said in the sense that Tebow was treated like ish on his way out.

Last edited:

Look if everybody thought like that this nonsensical "unproven talent" statement i guess any of the past overall picks since 04 should have been traded for a star

The reason Elway wanted Manning is the same reason LeBron wants Love, to guaranteed chance to win now. I completely understand and respect that.

However the way Elway treated Tebow during his exit, and the way LeBron treating Wiggins..... Dude, those guys don't deserve that kind of disrespect. 
mean.gif

I don't feel bad for Tebow. Dude made it a long way without ever learning how to throw a football. Maybe he should've focused more on learning how to be a QB instead of a RB that throws the ball here and there. Broncos would never make a Super Bowl with Tebow. Ever.

Wiggins could become a star, he could become a role player. Fact of the matter is, he will need 2 years to develop. Love is ready now. Put Love on the Cavs now, you're a favorite to come out of the East for the next 5 years. I like Wiggins, but at the end of the day, you're not moving him for some speculative schmuck. You're bringing in a 20 and 10 guy that has range to the perimeter that fits in really well with Kyrie and LeBron. Wiggins has to develop an identity. Love already has it. You wanna win today, you go with Love.

What I don't get is why do the Cavs have to give up Wiggins.  A package of Thomson, Waiters, Bennett, and a bunch of first round draft picks is still way better than anything anyone has offered the Wolves.

Last edited:
What I don't get is why do the Cavs have to give up Wiggins.  A package of Thomson, Waiters, Bennett, and a bunch of first round draft picks is still way better than anything anyone has offered the Wolves.

there's nothing attractive about that combination of players. you can't sell your fanbase on that being a great trade

Can't sell your fan base on letting its best player walk away for nothing because you refused to humble yourself either >D

I'd still press Flip's hand and refuse to trade Wiggins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom