2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 players in 20 years b.

marbury was very good.
JR rider was a good player.
they didn't have a draft pick for like 5 years at one point.
al jefferson became a 20 ppg guy in minny

rubio, laettner, szdfdefhdhfbiak were all solid picks. aside from a few duds (like any other franchise) you can't say minny is some developmental hell.

I had a dude at work this week tell me Patrick Ewing was just "ok" as a player. I looked at dude sideways. Mind you he a bulls fan. Dude talking about Pat couldn't get past the bulls. I asked him how much talent was Pat playing with. He responds "Outside of Jordan and Pippen and Phil Jackson the Bulls weren't that sweet.". I said you just name arguably the greatest coach/player ever along with a top 50 player all-time. He responds, "Pat had Allan Houston." There was another dude at cubicle near him that even looked at him sideways.

Then dude says Mourning was better than Ewing. Talking about he played with little help. So we compare rosters. I told him Mourning's supporting cast we better than Ewing's. He disagreed. I said name two players Ewing played with that were better than Tim Hardaway and Mashburn. He got quiet than ripped Ewing for not beating Houston in the finals.

Have we forgot how good Ewing was?

Mourning was not better than Ewing. Mourning was good, but even later in Ewing's career and bad knees, he was still giving Mourning that work.

Oh yea?

Ask lebron lol

That ***** became the best player in the world under mike brown

Dont let the greg pop love affair fool you

Ask beasley, oj mayo, josh smith

Playing time means nothing, a player is gonna be great if hes willing to work on being great

I had a dude at work this week tell me Patrick Ewing was just "ok" as a player. I looked at dude sideways. Mind you he a bulls fan. Dude talking about Pat couldn't get past the bulls. I asked him how much talent was Pat playing with. He responds "Outside of Jordan and Pippen and Phil Jackson the Bulls weren't that sweet.". I said you just name arguably the greatest coach/player ever along with a top 50 player all-time. He responds, "Pat had Allan Houston." There was another dude at cubicle near him that even looked at him sideways.

Then dude says Mourning was better than Ewing. Talking about he played with little help. So we compare rosters. I told him Mourning's supporting cast we better than Ewing's. He disagreed. I said name two players Ewing played with that were better than Tim Hardaway and Mashburn. He got quiet than ripped Ewing for not beating Houston in the finals.

Have we forgot how good Ewing was?

No, that dude you were talking to is a fly by night basketball fan and a semi-dummy

Development has more to do with the player than anybody. Most of these guys come in accepting being a amazing athlete but mediocre basketball player. They don't wanna work hard and get better.

Oh yea?

Ask lebron lol

That ***** became the best player in the world under mike brown

Dont let the greg pop love affair fool you

Ask beasley, oj mayo, josh smith

Playing time means nothing, a player is gonna be great if hes willing to work on being great

even then, that's a poor example aside from beasley.

josh smith was the 17th pick out of high school with no real position. he's a very good rebounder, defender and passer. there are maybe 5 players in the NBA that can do what he does on a nightly basis.

OJ mayo is a 6-4 SG with average athleticism. he's a career 15 ppg. what more could you want from him? realistically

Dudes were calling john wall a bust until the wizards turned the franchise around but its all about playing time in a players development :smh:

Are you shooting the ***** right now or is Zyzz really bi?

Hes said in the past which players he thought were hot so just put two and two together.

Its no diss. Thats why i always poke fun at his love affair for kobe. Hes actually said kobe was cute in an nba season thread before on more than one occasion

Dudes were calling john wall a bust until the wizards turned the franchise around but its all about playing time in a players development :smh:

Its called learning and developing from playing nba ball.

You want players to just sit for a few years and learn from the coach?

even then, that's a poor example aside from beasley.

josh smith was the 17th pick out of high school with no real position. he's a very good rebounder, defender and passer. there are maybe 5 players in the NBA that can do what he does on a nightly basis.

OJ mayo is a 6-4 SG with average athleticism. he's a career 15 ppg. what more could you want from him? realistically

100% especially on the OJ bit.

Hes said in the past which players he thought were hot so just put two and two together.

Its no diss. Thats why i always poke fun at his love affair for kobe. Hes actually said kobe was cute in an nba season thread before on more than one occasion

Oh, well damn :lol:

People hard on oj because the hype was real. Dudes was calling son the next Kobe and when people ate it up and seen him play they blamed him. He's a average NBA player and that's fine. That's why I hate the comparison thing, only upsets u in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom