2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spurs offense took down a worn out Heat team in their 4th straight Finals, and suddenly they are all timers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that's with them making their move AFTER LeBron left game 1, trailing in the 4th quarter, in their own gym.
And losing game 2 in their gym.

By game 3, the Heat were finished as a team from playing 80+ playoff games in 4 years, and the Spurs took advantage. They deserve their props, and earned their title, but stop with the all time, beat the MJ Bulls, 80's Lakers, Celtics, etc etc etc.

Just stop.

That's like the 2011 Mavs thinking they could take on all comers no matter who, just off one title. The same exact team choked the year before and were taken out with ease the previous 6 years. Hell, they went 7 games in the first round against the Mavs, but could take on MJ's Bulls? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never really understood the 4 straight finals argument. I mean you have June, July, August, September, October to rest. What's the difference between 5 months and 5 1/2 - 6 months? The Heat were not worn out because of the 4 straight finals. They were worn out because you have 3 max players and a thinned out roster vs a balanced team.

The Cavs will eventually face the same problem. A balanced team >>> Three maxed out players and a thinned out bench

The Spurs offense took down a worn out Heat team in their 4th straight Finals, and suddenly they are all timers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that's with them making their move AFTER LeBron left game 1, trailing in the 4th quarter, in their own gym.
And losing game 2 in their gym.

By game 3, the Heat were finished as a team from playing 80+ playoff games in 4 years, and the Spurs took advantage. They deserve their props, and earned their title, but stop with the all time, beat the MJ Bulls, 80's Lakers, Celtics, etc etc etc.

Just stop.

That's like the 2011 Mavs thinking they could take on all comers no matter who, just off one title. The same exact team choked the year before and were taken out with ease the previous 6 years. Hell, they went 7 games in the first round against the Mavs, but could take on MJ's Bulls? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never really understood the 4 straight finals argument. I mean you have June, July, August, September, October to rest. What's the difference between 5 months and 5 1/2 - 6 months? The Heat were not worn out because of the 4 straight finals. They were worn out because you have 3 max players and a thinned out roster vs a balanced team.

The Cavs will eventually face the same problem. A balanced team >>> Three maxed out players and a thinned out bench

:lol:

Well, when other teams play to April, and another to mid June, 4 years straight, that's a LOT of added wear and tear, and a lot less rest.

Add to that, the amount of games/minutes played, which Bron-Bosh etc were up over the Spurs players by about 10,000 minutes or so the previous 4 years.

As well as over 80+ playoff games in that span.

The last team to reach 4 straight finals, also got bounced hard in that Finals, the 87 Celtics, as in almost 30 years ago. And they had guys playing with broken ankles, bad backs, and were never seen or heard from again after that season.

Bottom line, the toll adds up exponentially.

Lebron played an extra 87 games in 4 seasons. The Heat as a whole played a ton more than the rest of the league. Throw in the Olympics for Lebron and it's not even close. Yeah, he has a couple months off every summer. But it's definitely not 5-6 months. Preseason is in early October. Training Camp is a little bit before that. You need to be ready by then. You can't just chill all summer.

Bron is forever indebted to Ray Allen. He owes Ray another ring. The media would've crucified Bron if Miami lost that playoff series.

lebron dont owe that ***** ****

ray allen straight in love with that dude after two seasons. either that or he ring chasing hard. prolly still hates kobe and is tryna get as many rings as kobe

DeMarcus Cousins is a star. Once he gets his head on straight and better teammates he'll be a household name.

If demarcus is a star so is brook lopez & marc gasol

See how that works

Deandre is more popular than demarcus, so is he a star too

Thing is "star" and "superstar" mean different things to different people. There's no standard definition for either term. DeMarcus Cousins is the best player on his NBA team and one of the better centers in the league. In my book, that makes him a "star" player. If someone else thinks differently, I'm not going to say they're wrong. He's on that borderline. Obviously, there's some players who are "stars" under any reasonable definition of the term, like LeBron, KD, Kobe, Dirk. I think there's arguments both ways with Cousins. That said, I don't think I'd let an apparel line or lack thereof be the deciding factor with respect to "star" status. As far as I know, Dirk, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, James Harden, Blake Griffin and a few other guys I know don't have apparel lines or even signature shoes, but they're still stars.

Last edited:
Wouldnt a shoe company highly invest in you if you're a "star"
True to a point but it's whoever is most marketable. Doesn't necessarily mean the best players get more money from shoe deals. It's whoever that can make the company more money that's considered an asset not who's better or a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom