2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

I'm glad we didn't do anything stupid today like we've been known to do around this time, that's honestly what I'm most proud of. (Like trading for Reggie Jackson or Dragic)

Phil you're the man!

aint like those guys are worth much.

tyson looked like **** last year

jr looked terrible w a bad contract

shumps been terrible

Thanks for everything Priggy :frown: , if you wouldve came to us when you were younger :smh:

Priggy Small is the illest!!

Dragic to Miami...

Only move Phil REALLY has to try and make right now is getting rid of Calderon's contract. Getting rid of Calderon could be the different between 2 and 3 free agents this summer.

While I believe in Phil and refuse to criticize or doubt him like others do, I will say that he probably pulled the trigger too quickly in trading Tyson Chandler for what he did. Probably could have gotten a lot more had he waited. Same thing kind of goes for JR/Shump.

He basically traded all of those players without receiving really anyone with potential to be a long term starter for this team. If Mozgov went for 2 first rounders just imagine what the Cavs would have given up for Tyson. Thunder also would be willing to break the bank on Tyson right now. Very unfortunate. 

the salary difference between mozgof and tyson was like 10mil. the cavs cant afford chandler.

In reality Phil got 0 assets for our 3 biggest trade pieces (Tyson, JR, Shump) :smh:

all 3 were playing horribly this year, so it really hurt our draft stock. the tyson trade would have looked much better if jose played like hes supposed to. hes definitely having a down year. i dont like that we traded jr AND shump for basically nothing. i was hyped when the earlier reports stated that we would be getting reggie jackson.

Shump should've been traded last season for Lowry or Teague.

i don't think we've ever sold high on a young player

Pat Riley reached with Dragic with what he had to give up.

Deng - 29
Bosh - 31
Wade - 33
Whitehead - 25
Dragic - 30

NO bench.

One of the picks we got from HOU was actually one we traded to them with the Camby trade. We took on Shved, but he's expiring. We can still get Knight of Reggie this offseason. I would rather of stayed put or made a move to clear space (like we did) rather than over playing our hand and taking on salary.

It's been funny catching up on the past few pgs as some of you panic or overreact or go on rants about largely irrelevant ****.

Peace to the homey Priggy Smalls :pimp:

In Phil I trust :smokin

our roster is still pretty trash compared to philly and the lakers... so the tank is still in full effect :lol:

Did Philly really give up MCW for basically nothing? I am so confused as to why they traded him/what they got in return for him.

And I think that Brandon Knight would be the perfect PG for this team. I figured that he would be locked into Milwaukee long term as they looked to build around him, Giannis, and Jabari long term but now that he got dealt his status appears to be more up in the air.

I am still holding out hope that we draft D'Angelo Russell and build around his as my #1 option to be the Knicks' PG of the future, but if we draft a big man like Okafor or Towns I really hope we try to find a way to acquire Brandon Knight in the offseason.

Smart player, great court awareness, solid size, very unselfish, great teammate/leader, and can hit the 3 ball with ease. I see him being a great triangle PG because he is one of the few all-star caliber type PGs in the NBA today who dont need to constantly be driving with the ball in his hands to thrive offensively. Point guards like that are not great fits for the triangle, and the reason many people are so skeptical about the triangle flourishing in today's game is because high quality PGs like Knight that fit the triangle offense mold is very hard to find in today's PG dominated/pick and roll/floor spacing/D'Antoni-ball NBA. So he would be a great player to go after if we are looking to establish a winning culture around the triangle offense.

Last edited:
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom