2016 OFFICIAL YANKEES SEASON THREAD... THANK YOU A-ROD

Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal)
34 mins ago - View on Twitter
Source confirms: #Yankees sign Billy Butler. Will use him against lefties; they face seven in next 11 games. First reported: @Jonheyman.

17 game left... All 17 versus the AL East.

I'm thinking we gotta go 13-4. To ensure we pass at least 2 of 3 of Boston, Toronto & Baltimore to get into Wild Card at least.

Last edited:
17 game left... All 17 versus the AL East.

I'm thinking we gotta go 13-4. To ensure we pass at least 2 of 3 of Boston, Toronto & Baltimore to get into Wild Card at least.

Apparently we have to win, as of yesterday, at least 13 of our next 18.

Didi has the highest BA of lefties versus lefties in baseball.

Part of me thinks he should be the # 2 hitter next season... Either him or Starlin.

#WillYouFinallyTradeBrettGardner (They never will)

Last edited:
Lack of bullpen depth. Who saw that coming as to why we miss the playoffs in April

He Keeps trotting Dellin out there when he pitched the 2 nights prior. :smh:

Last edited:
Crushing loss tonight.
sick.gif

It's not over because we have all our games versus the AL East... But it's over.

Order of what we need:
1. We need a Front End Starter to go with Masahiro

My idea is:
1. Jorge Mateo (Gleyber has ability to move to 2B or 3B, Mateo does not, and Didi has been great to think that it's at least a handful of years before Mateo even sniffs the bigs)
2. Blake Rutherford (Fraizer, Judge, Ellsbury & Gardner are blocking him now.. And they want to get Bryce in a couple of years. Rutherford wouldn't fit short or long term in that scenario unless they pull the pin on Judge)
3. Dominigo Acevado (Keep Sheffield because we need a Lefty Starter in the future, Acevado may have the top 3 or 4 best Fastballs in the minors)
4. Wilkerman Garcia (Blocked by Didi, Castro, Gleybar long term)
5. Chance Adams (We're hoping for Severino, Sheffield & Tate to power us long term with Tanaka. Also still have Kaprielian whose injury lowers his value, but he has tools)
6. Mason Williams
7. Jacob Lindgren (Bad injury, but he can be an extra throw in that doesn't hurt us to include)

3 of our Top 10, and 3 in 11-20, and Jacob Lindgren.

We trade all that and still have Severino, Dellin, Gary, Judge, Bird, Holder on the roster. Fraizer, Torres, Sheffield right there in late 2017 / Opening Day 2018.

2. We need to bring in another closer. Whether Dellin stays in the 9th or moves back to the 8th.. Either or works. But Chapman, Jansen. That's the target. We can't get through a full year afraid to give Dellin a night off because Tyler Clippard is the only guy with late game experience.

3. We need a bat that can move into the middle of the lineup with Gary. Everyone knows I want Cespedes. I'd give him 5 year / $130mil, easily. And either make him everyday LF, or continue with Gardner-Ellsbury-Judge & Cespedes as DH, and taking 60 games for Gardner in LF for Days off, and when Gardy moves to CF to give Ellsbury days off. I'll gladly take ages 31 in LF and 32-35 as the DH

Those 3 moves would put us on top of AL East. And serious discussions for a ring next year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom