2016 OFFICIAL YANKEES SEASON THREAD... THANK YOU A-ROD

Sanchez really got 20 in 2 months

With Didi hitting his 20th of the season yesterday as well :lol: .

Turned down tix for last night. Kind of regret it but that trek to and back home from the Bronx turned me off. Especially on a weeknight. If it was a Friday night I would have been in there.

Last edited:
Copping tickets to the game tonight.. my boy has a brace on his leg from an ACL surgery.. do yall think I can get away with copping the Wheelchair accessible seats?

Another late inning bullpen arm has to be on the top of the offseason to-do list. Clippard is good enough to be the 7th inning guy imo.

Will Clint Frazier be ready for opening day next season? If he is we have to send Gardner to the highest bidder.

Edit: CC pitched well enough this season to be a back end starter next season. Glad he was able to put his alcoholism behind him & have a productive season :smokin

Last edited:
Bring back Chapman!!!

Chapman
Betances
Clippard
Warren

Is a damn good bullpen. Just need a lefty, I have to double check Shreve, but he was better than last year. And another righty just for depth.

Another late inning bullpen arm has to be on the top of the offseason to-do list. Clippard is good enough to be the 7th inning guy imo.

Will Clint Frazier be ready for opening day next season? If he is we have to send Gardner to the highest bidder.

Edit: CC pitched well enough this season to be a back end starter next season. Glad he was able to put his alcoholism behind him & have a productive season :smokin

Co-sign all of this.

Besides the youth movement, one of the brightest and enjoyable spots was CC doing his thing. Any shot he can earn Comeback POY honors?

I think it's very possible Clint is in there Opening Day 2017.

I'd let Clint take until September, unless he absolutely crushes it in Spring Training. Or proves to be too good for AAA before then.

I'd seriously consider having both Fraizer and Judge start the season in AAA.

I'd let Clint take until September, unless he absolutely crushes it in Spring Training. Or proves to be too good for AAA before then.

I'd seriously consider having both Fraizer and Judge start the season in AAA.

Judge for sure. Fraizer likely as well but like ya said, if he rakes I don't see the harm in having him up here from the jump.

Can't freakin stand Pineda.

He's been a lot better than basic stats show.. His FIP is over 1 run less than his ERA for example, and he still has his strikeout pitch

Granted he's still WAY short of the SOLID #2 we thought.... But a decent # 4, who occasionally brings you front end stuff.

What is preventing the # 4 to # 2 jump is what plagued him the last few months he pitched in 2015 as well... He uses a lot of pitches to get to the strike out. His BB/9 go up as a results.

And with Eovaldi being out likely all of 2017, we have another year of hoping PIneda figures it out

Last edited:
Seen a lot of reports of Rich Hill coming back

How would y'all feel about him?

Seen a lot of reports of Rich Hill coming back

How would y'all feel about him?

He's 37 next year.. Unless he's like 2 year / $10mil per at most.. No thanks.

I'd rather find where we are good in the Farm System where we have guys we can part with and still have top flight talent and make a package at a guy 10 years younger.

Last edited:
goodbye Tex :frown:

so8dmjzhwsns.jpg

For now, Cashman said Bird/Austin will compete at first and Judge/Hicks/Refsnyder/Hicks in RF. Said Yankees more likely to solve from within

If the in-house options don't solve problems at 1B/RF, Cashman said that will obviously create problems. Will remain open to other options.

Cashman said Yankees will look for available opportunities on pitching market. Mentioned the Wilson for Cessa/Greene deal as a model.

Cashman reiterated that the Yankees want to eventually get under the luxury tax threshold.

Cashman said all of the Yankee coaches, excerpt Rothschild, are signed. Plans to meet with Rothschild today and wants him back.

Cashman on Severino: "I hope he can regain starter ceiling status." He's not cementing Severino in as a starter. Severino needs to win job.

Don't expect Yankees to pursue a pitcher like Chris Sale. Cashman said he'd be "hard pressed" to trade 4-5 prospects for Cy Young-type pitcher.

Making a mega-deal for a Sale is for a team that's a final piece away. Cashman said Yanks aren't there. Called that a "dangerous approach"

Cashman never asked McCann if he'd waive his no trade clause. Said that's an indication of how much value McCann has to team.

Cashman said Betances is the closer "unless we do something different." I expect them to pursue a reunion with Chapman.

Girardi has one year left on his deal. Cashman said Yankee ownership will likely let the deal play out and decide the future.

Jorge Mateo, a highly touted SS, has played some CF in Instructional Lg. Cashman said Yankees are trying to diversify and be more flexible.

Back
Top Bottom