2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
EYE don't like the hypothetical thing, but yall do.

What do you think John Wall would have done as the leader of the OKC Squad?

Or CP3?

Team More/Less/As Successful? Why?

Wall would have gone down too. The team wouldn't carry the everyone is trash narrative though. Russ style of play is in part responsible for that.

Is Russ a ballhog at times? Yes

Are his teammates lacking in shooting and creating for themselves? Yes.

It ain't black and white. Lebron couldn't make these dudes good jump shooters. :lol:
I have been saying it wasn't black and white from the jump.

Issues

A. Style of play of RW
B. Teammates abilities
C. Team Makeup

But TO ME, A fuels it all honestly.

It's all around a bad mix. Russ has that gunner mentality and when you mix that with teammates that can't shoot or create this is what happens. Russ gonna look great as a one man army at times, then it's gonna be times when he looks like a mess.

EYE don't like the hypothetical thing, but yall do.

What do you think John Wall would have done as the leader of the OKC Squad?

Or CP3?

Team More/Less/As Successful? Why?

This is a good question though. They wouldn't gun as much as Russ but it would be times when CP3 or Wall would have to be selfish. Even though they play more under control than Russ they can't go off and score like Russ does. With this current roster you would need somebody that can put up a lot of points. I think Wall and CP3 would get bout 42-44 wins.

Last edited:
It REALLY is.

Folks have said they want Russ to just TRY harder on defense and stop the false effort. (Gambling especially).

What do you think people are trying to say if that isn't it? Please tell me

I haven't seen a single person today say they want him to try harder. Just lamenting the effort he doesn't put on that end.

And in doing so putting it into the context of the entire game and his responsibilities on the other end. Just today we've seen people bring up Bron in Miami, KD in GS, etc.

From what I gather people just want him to contest shots, you can still 'fake play D' doing that as well. Run out to a guy with no real intention of bothering his shot. But it 'looks' good. So I'm wondering what quantifiable or tangible thing they're talking about especially the Rockets fans given who their superstar player is.

And ultimately is it beneficial to what OKC is doing?

Last edited:

Gahdamn, this Russ thing's still going on

Ah well, rather see PG in Portland instead of OKC
portlands payroll is already a trillion dollars. Unless you're talking about dealing CJ
they trying to finesse some team on taking turner, crabbe, meyers
i actually can see that happening
laugh.gif
Portland already in their bag after dumping all that money into role players 
mean.gif
sick.gif

Gahdamn, this Russ thing's still going on

Ah well, rather see PG in Portland instead of OKC

portlands payroll is already a trillion dollars. Unless you're talking about dealing CJ

they trying to finesse some team on taking turner, crabbe, meyers

i actually can see that happening :lol:
Portland already in their bag after dumping all that money into role players :smh: :x

Yeah Blazers gon be stuck in that 6th-8th seed life for a while.

Last edited:
Wall would have gone down too. The team wouldn't carry the everyone is trash narrative though. Russ style of play is in part responsible for that.
This is how I am feeling. I feel Wall would bring out the best in his teammates.
But like someone said, results, about the same but not as exciting. Still exciting though

Westbrook's intensity, athleticism, and general attitude is what makes it seem like he's plays more defense than he actually does. That's all anyone has been saying for a long time now. Wipe your mouth off, take a breath, and have some dignity.

omg i come back and the discussion is still on westbrook?

this is the kinda **** i'm talking about. let me do some **** like this talking about conley after they get eliminated and folks will blast me. stop talking about that ***** b. he's out. move on this is the playoff thread.

and i actually like westbrook.

this has been going on since last night :rofl:

Last edited:

this is the kinda **** i'm talking about. let me do some **** like this talking about conley after they get eliminated and folks will blast me. stop talking about that ***** b. he's out. move on this is the playoff thread.

this has been going on since last night
roll.gif
Exactly but I guess no one else has provided anymore material in here so they're just talking pointless hypotheticals 

Not much to talk about until 6. Once the games start again Russ and OKC will fade into the offseason.

it just seems like its only so much you can say about one player. i can guarantee you the same thing has been said in here multiple times already. at the end of the day, no one is going to change their stance on the dude.

Conley ain't a superstar, MVP, or even exciting/polarizing enough that anybody outside of Memphis cares about him.

And furthermore you've shown up seemingly only when Memphis is winning. This debate on Russ has been a season long affair and good banter for the most part.

Conley ain't a superstar, MVP, or even exciting/polarizing enough that anybody outside of Memphis cares about him.

And furthermore you've shown up seemingly only when Memphis is winning. This debate on Russ has been a season long affair and good banter for the most part.

don't try to make this about memphis/conley and your stupid assessment of what he is. this is about you continuously fueling this thread with westbrook talk.

GO TO THE OKC OFF-SEASON THREAD IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT HIM ALL THE DAMN TIME. i don't give a damn what westbrook is.

you can probably count on 2 hands how many statements i've made about the grizz on here in the last 2-3 weeks compared to the hundreds of posts you've made about westbrook in 3-4 days.

Last edited:

Was all part of the gameplan to leave Curry in the corner too. If he beats you, just tip your cap, but the scouting report says to give him that.
people make the most Illogical arguments when it comes to Russ..

Just this year was the first time I ever heard the argument that a player not contesting shots is good for his team.

don't try to make this about memphis/conley and you stupid assessment of what he is. this is about you continuously fueling this thread with westbrook talk.

GO TO THE OKC OFF-SEASON THREAD IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT HIM ALL THE DAMN TIME. i don't give a damn what westbrook is.

you can probably count on 2 hands how many statements i've made about the grizz on here in the last 2-3 weeks compared to the hundreds of posts you've made about westbrook in 3-4 days.

I'll do what I want. You can leave.

Dude really said russ not putting his hand up and contesting shots is good for the team?!?! :wow: :rofl:

Russy gotta cop some of y'all knee pads man.

This is how I am feeling. I feel Wall would bring out the best in his teammates.
But like someone said, results, about the same but not as exciting. Still exciting though
Yeah the results would be about the same.  Wall's stats wouldn't be as good (obviously) but the teammates would definitely be doing better.

Not making a direct comparison between the two players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom