2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
In their starting lineup, Bev shot the highest 3FG%. Obviously, if he beats you, he beats you but you don't leave him wide open. You noticed they chased Ariza off the line ever catch. They tried to chase Anderson. But the guy guarding Pat wasn't in sight.

Brodie MVP you're better than this.

Because those are better players who were all in the top 15 of 3 pointers made during the regular season.

You have a scouting report going in. You have priorities to what you want to do. They'd rather have him shooting 3s than those other guys which is probably why he had the highest % in the first place. Most teams leave him in lieu of the other guys aforementioned & the attention Beard draws.

Because those are better players who were all in the top 15 of 3 pointers made during the regular season.

You have a scouting report going in. You have priorities to what you want to do. They'd rather have him shooting 3s than those other guys which is probably why he had the highest % in the first place. Most teams leave him in lieu of the other guys aforementioned & the attention Beard draws.
Well it's not like he hasn't been doing this the whole season

Well it's not like he hasn't been doing this the whole season

And I'm saying all season you pick you poison. If you got Bev, Ariza, and Anderson out there or Bev, Lou, and Gordon who are you leaving? It is what it is.

And I'm saying all season you pick you poison. If you got Bev, Ariza, and Anderson out there or Bev, Lou, and Gordon who are you leaving? It is what it is.

All I'm saying he's been lazy on closing out on shooters or just straight not caring or even trying to contest shots the whole season whether it be curry or Bev

In their starting lineup, Bev shot the highest 3FG%. Obviously, if he beats you, he beats you but you don't leave him wide open. You noticed they chased Ariza off the line ever catch. They tried to chase Anderson. But the guy guarding Pat wasn't in sight.

Brodie MVP you're better than this.
:lol:

All I'm saying he's been lazy on closing out on shooters or just straight not caring or even trying to contest shots the whole season whether it be curry or Bev

And I'm saying OKC wasn't alone in their approach. You aren't 'gameplanning' for Bev.

And as I said before whether Russ contested shots or not, opponents shot high percentages.

Last edited:
And it isn't like he is leaving Beverly to double or help off of. He goes in his, "Westbrook Free Safety" mode where he totally disregards the team scheme and just free roams. He had a few Otto Porter moments this series but HOU never capitalized on them

I think most of his steals were off of help defense though this series.

Never seen a player get celebrated for:

Shooting 38% in a playoff series
Getting Gentlemen Swept 4-1
Averaging 6 turnovers per game
Playing Zero defense

:x. Y'all copping mad pleas. I keep seeing ESPN talk about how Russ "made history" this playoffs.

:smh:

I think he's being celebrated for his whole season. Carrying a weak roster to 47 wins, the triple's. Everybody know Russ is reckless as hell. :lol: That don't mean dude ain't great. He was great in this series at times, he was reckless.

Last edited:
Hoping for a Hawks win tonight just for the chaos.

Got the Celtics winning unfortunately. Dammit Rondo.

@eNPHAN My point is, to say Oladipo is putting up "Career Highs" is an overstatement.

TECHNICALLY, it is true in a few categories, but in the same breath, I can say he has career lows in just about every other category.

Also, look at his shot% by location. That tells a better picture.

Players not playing well when Russ is out is like a chicken and the egg situation. Or moreso like a, "You need experience to get a job but to get a job you need experience" type of deal.

If those dudes don't get high pressure reps in which they get a chance to flourish offensively, how can we expect them to do that when Russ goes out.

Are his teammates bums because they don't produce or do they not produce because they aren't playing with someone that puts them in a situation to get the reps?

Many of you think he just plays with bums, but again, far from the truth

Was all part of the gameplan to leave Curry in the corner too. If he beats you, just tip your cap, but the scouting report says to give him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom