2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess who ranked dead last by a wide margin in contested shots this season? 

Westbrook we've gone over this plenty of times. His opponents % when he doesn't contest vs when he does actually are still way above league average.

Westbrook we've gone over this plenty of times. His opponents % when he doesn't contest vs when he does actually are still way above league average.
So in other words...why bother right? 
laugh.gif

The trash talk between Russ and Bev was interesting....funny how Russ was quick to say he had 40 points IN game. Bev, in his presser, had to look at the score sheet to see that dude took 34 shots. Stat watching much by Russ?

Gotta agree w/ DC...who is going to go to OKC to play with him? EVERYONE on that roster sacrificing so Russ can get his. Something has to give in that situation. Either Russ has to change his style of play or ship him out.

who is going to go to OKC to play with him? EVERYONE on that roster sacrificing so Russ can get his. Something has to give in that situation. Either Russ has to change his style of play or ship him out.

I HOPE he evolves I hope he does. I want to see him get better when it comes to making others around him better.

He has time but sadly, this has always been the narrative.

"KD didn't want the ball."
"KD wasn't aggressive enough."

I mean was all of that true or was RW just who we thought he was all along?

Players not playing well when Russ is out is like a chicken and the egg situation. Or moreso like a, "You need experience to get a job but to get a job you need experience" type of deal.

If those dudes don't get high pressure reps in which they get a chance to flourish offensively, how can we expect them to do that when Russ goes out.

Are his teammates bums because they don't produce or do they not produce because they aren't playing with someone that puts them in a situation to get the reps?

Many of you think he just plays with bums, but again, far from the truth

It's as always a combination of both. He does play with far too many one dimensional players that either rely on him to spoon feed them or just are terrible on the offensive end. He does get overzealous at times and do too much of course, but it's the formula that the Thunder used this season to get to 47 wins with what is undoubtedly a flawed roster. That can't be disputed.

Guys are in roles they weren't expected to be in going into this season and they decided to go Russ or bust as a organization. It worked pretty well for the majority of the season. Just not in this series.

I think if Presti is actually able to make some roster changes and tailor it more to Russ' strengths, try could take a leap into that upper echelon of teams because he is that great of a talent. But the players around Russ also can't be absolved of their own personal responsibility of improving their own games. You don't really get a chance to do that during the season that has to be done in the off-season.

Players not playing well when Russ is out is like a chicken and the egg situation. Or moreso like a, "You need experience to get a job but to get a job you need experience" type of deal.

If those dudes don't get high pressure reps in which they get a chance to flourish offensively, how can we expect them to do that when Russ goes out.

Are his teammates bums because they don't produce or do they not produce because they aren't playing with someone that puts them in a situation to get the reps?

Many of you think he just plays with bums, but again, far from the truth

Is Russ a ballhog at times? Yes

Are his teammates lacking in shooting and creating for themselves? Yes.

It ain't black and white. Lebron couldn't make these dudes good jump shooters. :lol:

russ needs a system and not be the system
then again, look at the talent that surrounds him

Last edited:
Is Russ a ballhog at times? Yes

Are his teammates lacking in shooting and creating for themselves? Yes.

It ain't black and white. Lebron couldn't make these dudes good jump shooters. :lol:
I have been saying it wasn't black and white from the jump.

Issues

A. Style of play of RW
B. Teammates abilities
C. Team Makeup

But TO ME, A fuels it all honestly.

It's as always a combination of both. He does play with far too many one dimensional players that either rely on him to spoon feed them or just are terrible on the offensive end. He does get overzealous at times and do too much of course, but it's the formula that the Thunder used this season to get to 47 wins with what is undoubtedly a flawed roster. That can't be disputed.

Guys are in roles they weren't expected to be in going into this season and they decided to go Russ or bust as a organization. It worked pretty well for the majority of the season. Just not in this series.

I think if Presti is actually able to make some roster changes and tailor it more to Russ' strengths, try could take a leap into that upper echelon of teams because he is that great of a talent. But the players around Russ also can't be absolved of their own personal responsibility of improving their own games. You don't really get a chance to do that during the season that has to be done in the off-season.
Well said

Agree 100%

EYE don't like the hypothetical thing, but yall do.

What do you think John Wall would have done as the leader of the OKC Squad?

Or CP3?

Team More/Less/As Successful? Why?

The trash talk between Russ and Bev was interesting....funny how Russ was quick to say he had 40 points IN game. Bev, in his presser, had to look at the score sheet to see that dude took 34 shots. Stat watching much by Russ?

Gotta agree w/ DC...who is going to go to OKC to play with him? EVERYONE on that roster sacrificing so Russ can get his. Something has to give in that situation. Either Russ has to change his style of play or ship him out.
Their cap situation is murky anyway. Nobody's going there regardless.

I don't think he plays like this going forward. I think this year, there was a contrived effort by the coaching staff and his teammates to get this season out of him. Honestly, I can't really be too mad at it. It's ugly...but like i said yesterday....this was his 05-06 Kobe year. Play on a lesser team and put up unreal numbers. Regardless of how you feel about the stat padding...an MVP and a triple double season aren't bad to have on your HOF resume. I think most of us in here just despise his fanbase because they are some of the most irrational, illogical, nonsensical fans in all of sports. I don't even think I've seen Lebron fans exercise this type of logic.

But again...i think he goes back to play normal basketball after this year. Say he teams up with an all star big like Boogie or whoever...they ABSOLUTELY are not going box out for him to come grab a rebound for 82 games. This year was an anomaly.

Or so I hope.

Last edited:
:lol: That is one hell of a defense for that behavior. At least you are consistent

I'm not defending it it's just a fact. Could he put more effort into the defensive end sure. But would the trade-off be worth it on the other end with him having less energy on offense? Especially when the numbers suggest it really doesn't matter whether his hand is up there in the face of the shooter or not?

Nobody wants to live in OKC
And the thunder won a lot of games that could've easily gone the other way they're cap situation is also bad but who knows what they do

I'm not defending it it's just a fact. Could he put more effort into the defensive end sure. But would the trade-off be worth it on the other end with him having less energy on offense? Especially when the numbers suggest it really doesn't matter whether his hand is up there in the face of the shooter or not?
That is all anyone is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom