2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I'm going to try to get these in store in NYC on saturday, but I'm not going to kill myself. I love the gum sole, black suede, and silver swoosh. But at the end of the day I have no personal attachment/fascination with the dunk and will not miss these if I don't ever end up buying them. This is one of the releases that will test the sneaker community. If we do our homework we have a decent shot at getting shoes. Resellers will obviously pick these up but not because of widespread appeal. Resellers will get them because they're limited in quantity. If we refuse to pay the hype prices, the aftermarket for this shoe shouldn't sky rocket because they're not like Tiffs - there isn't any novelty to them to anybody outside the SB/BMX community. Even with Tiffs - when the hype was highest after the initial release people panicked and paid 400+ for a pair. Now I constantly see pairs selling for 275 SHIPPED. SAY NO TO FLIPPERS.

Would NDC have these or do I have to look into different spots online? ccs maybe? thanks.

As of right now NDC doesn't have them on the launch list. Not sure about CCS, but I wouldn't bank on it if NDC isn't even offering it. There might be some actual legwork involved in this if you really want a pair.

I personally think Nike is building the hype on these before they do a much bigger drop.
I'm not so sure. If they wanted to make a big deal out of the first BMX inspired Dunk I think they'd front-load the marketing/releases. At the end of the day they do these collaborations for the hype/branding. I really think they are making this release out of novelty and for the die hard fan to appreciate.

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to the Chronicles 2/Neckface's. They're a dope concept and look alright but I just never felt them other than how the ice bottom says "Nike SB" across both shoes lol

I'm not so sure. If they wanted to make a big deal out of the first BMX inspired Dunk I think they'd front-load the marketing/releases. At the end of the day they do these collaborations for the hype/branding. I really think they are making this release out of novelty and for the die hard fan to appreciate.

Yeah I mean I really meant they'd be on pair with other collabs like the Chronicles and Civilists

I do like the SOMP dunks. Those of you that like the safari print check out the Atomic Red Safari Hi?

Got my Snake eyes in today. Ill save you guys the pica since everyone seems to be posting them. Very nice quality shoe. Almost reminiscent of 'bred' Js. Almost. Def going to beat those up.

On a side not I got the new Skate Copa Adidas Busenitz (dont know if there are any fans here) but man the leather is just excellent. Reminds me of my HS soccer days. Not sure if its calf skin or kangaroo leather. Either way I would check them out!

Not sure if you are talking about the somps but the tricksters are the actual first bmx inspired sb I think.

I personally think Nike is building the hype on these before they do a much bigger drop.

agreed...

they got the hype train rolling starting with the tiffs, now somps, it will carry on to whats probably the worst of the 3 aj1 collabs and keep going from there

they know how to get our money

I do like the SOMP dunks. Those of you that like the safari print check out the Atomic Red Safari Hi?

Got my Snake eyes in today. Ill save you guys the pica since everyone seems to be posting them. Very nice quality shoe. Almost reminiscent of 'bred' Js. Almost. Def going to beat those up.

On a side not I got the new Skate Copa Adidas Busenitz (dont know if there are any fans here) but man the leather is just excellent. Reminds me of my HS soccer days. Not sure if its calf skin or kangaroo leather. Either way I would check them out!

I actually have a couple pairs of busenitz.

I broke down and bought the Black/Red Tiempos today just because of that leather, which I was comparing to Copa Mundials earlier.  I didn't know about the Busenitz, but I might have to grab those, too.  I *love* that leather.

I broke down and bought the Black/Red Tiempos today just because of that leather, which I was comparing to Copa Mundials earlier.  I didn't know about the Busenitz, but I might have to grab those, too.  I *love* that leather.

I'm staying away from those tempos, it's so hard to not just splurge and order all 3 in one shot.

Almost ordered the royal tiempos today before I checked myself. Quality is supposed to be fantastic but I'm really trying to cut down on releases I'm only lukewarm about.

I grabbed both and the Tiempos (Jordan) pack leathers are superior to the kangaroo leather on the Copa Mundials. The CM's are nice but compared to the Jpack tiempos it's no contest. The tiempos are buttery smooth, soft and supple. The CM's are a notch above GR and stiff to me. Better then anything on retro Jordan's still lol.

I'm staying away from those tempos, it's so hard to not just splurge and order all 3 in one shot.

Glad to see people appreciate that series for what its worth Marco Materazzi did a great job. I do not particularly like the tongue but it is removable so its a easy fix!

Last edited:

Lol I said the same thing and then broke down and said I gotta see. Got the breds and when they were in hand and I wore them for a day… I broke even further and started hunting for the royals. Those things aside from reseller prices are dried up...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom