23 Yr Old Snapchat CEO Turns Down 3 Billion Offer From FB

People are mainly using the IG update to post snap names.

This **** is confusing. I don't care about other people's lives that much.

I'm following wherever the **** go for the easiest DM availability.

If I remember correctly, don't you have the option to delete messages you send out of the other persons inbox on IG?

But then again, IG doesn't send you a notification when the other person screenshots you.

Decisions decisions.

Honestly, the content is the same. The deciding factor will be who makes it easier to creep.

Aside from the obvious **** like filters and face swap, IG could put the coffin in snap if they make messages disappear after 24 hours (along with you being able to delete your own messages in their inbox) and give you notifications when they screenshot you.

It's gonna have to come down to one app. I would hope people aren't vein enough to where they post their same pointless "snaps" to two different apps just because you have 5-10 followers that don't overlap.

Last edited:
General census I'm getting is that a lot of people arent messing with the Instagram snap. For the most part theyre using it to promote their snapchat

Last edited:
General census I'm getting is that a lot of people arent messing with the Instagram snap. For the most part theyre using it to promote their snapchat

and all that does is keep people on IG, especially when people post redundant stuff on both platforms.
..why would i follow u on snap when everything you do posts on IG...(twitter still is da beneficiary of people posting on IG and Linking it to FB/twitter at da same time)

and all that does is keep people on IG, especially when people post redundant stuff on both platforms.
..why would i follow u on snap when everything you do posts on IG...(twitter still is da beneficiary of people posting on IG and Linking it to FB/twitter at da same time)

By people promoting their snapchats and saying they aren't using the Instagram snap...it promotes people to use IG?

Dead. 0]

Last edited:
Yeah people are just saying insta story is trash then say follow me on snap because they won't be using insta 

Yeah people are just saying insta story is trash then say follow me on snap because they won't be using insta 

which is malarkey cuz those be da same folks uploading their snaps on IG in da first place double dipping.

Last edited:
Snapcash? Sounds safe...

Yeah there's been no urge to mess with that feature. I'm cool with Venmo.

Are you joking? It's done in collaboration with Square... No different than any transaction you do at a restaurant, if you don't approve the transaction let your bank know and they'll refund it.

You dudes sound like you're just in denial simply because you haven't used it yet.

Snapcash? Is that what dudes send to chicks on snapchat who basically amount to webcam girls :lol:?

No, it's a way to send funds to anyone via your debit card. If I be-friend you on snapchat right now, I can send you paper and you can withdraw it in less than 5 minutes. You type the following in the blank field like you're sending a message, "$1" > Send Cash, it'll prompt you to enter your debit card information that one time and done.

Ah hell nah, they can have that :lol: :lol:

Still don't see how Snapchat is as popular as it is. I finally broke down and created me an account like 2 months ago. Managed to follow a nice amount of people I personally know, a few IG thots & a few celebs. As of today, I only check out like 6 people Snaps on a daily basis.

It puts you right in their mouth

IGSnap lit. Even KingJames on it. Vids don't look like potato quality on Android either :smokin

Snap washed...

I can't get at any chick under 22.

I can text the drawls off..

I can't do the social media game, though

Best thing snapchat has going for them is your parents arent on it and you dictate more or less who can see you getting yucky or if your a girl coochie popping, twerking etc

Best thing snapchat has going for them is your parents arent on it and you dictate more or less who can see you getting yucky or if your a girl coochie popping, twerking etc
True. One thing I like about Snap is that peeps can't see who you follow. I'll still use it for the SnapTraps :nerd:

The major thing I've noticed, at least on my feed, is that all of the "brand" accounts I follow are jumping on IG Stories way more than my actual friends. We're all still using Snap. It's the fitness guys, food b/vloggers, and celebrities that are using it more.

I'm cool with getting content from both ends separately.

Can you see the people who viewed you "story" on Instagram?
Yup

That's good and all...

But what made me like snapchat is that it's more private that IG in my opinion...

You'd really have to know someone's phone # or screen name to add them.

It's not like IG or FB, where you can view other people's friends or just keep clicking on random people's pages and adding them.

The only thing that changes the game for IG users is the boosted yamb rates :lol: Ashley Madison 2.0

IG girls gonna be waking up to hundreds of d*ck picks every morning :lol: :rofl:

Last edited:
The major thing I've noticed, at least on my feed, is that all of the "brand" accounts I follow are jumping on IG Stories way more than my actual friends. We're all still using Snap. It's the fitness guys, food b/vloggers, and celebrities that are using it more.

I'm cool with getting content from both ends separately.
this tbh 

you wanna make Twitter competitive again? put gallery view back...i hate scrolling looking at one pic at a time. :smh:

Last edited:
Bruh playing checkers instead of chess. :smh:

Should have come up off that SC for $3 bil. Now FB n it's cronies are going to devise a plan to destroy ole boy n its market share n play dirty. :lol:

Bruh about to get Frank Lucas'd

Hence these new stories on IG :lol:

You gotta know when to fold n when to hold. $3 bil u better fold. IG is Facebook,IG, n snap all in one now. :lol:

Last edited:
^as it stands presently snapchat is valued north of 15b...hard to say he made a bad decision not to sell; the folk who mess with snapchat heavy do so for reasons IG/FB can't really & don't want to replicate, the saturation/ubiquity of those networks is not necessarily what snapchat is after, though i am sure they still would like to grow their audience larger, it would seem that for at least the short term, that IG/FB & snapchat can coexist because the use case & audiences are different, if anything snapchat is probably more vulnerable to someone new on the come up who can figure out how to do what snapchat does better, easier, simpler, with more a little more polish on the design side, snapchat is pretty confusing interface for the uninitiated...

Snap>
I ain't used twitter in like 2 years smh.

That's good and all...

But what made me like snapchat is that it's more private that IG in my opinion...

You'd really have to know someone's phone # or screen name to add them.

It's not like IG or FB, where you can view other people's friends or just keep clicking on random people's pages and adding them.

The only thing that changes the game for IG users is the boosted yamb rates
laugh.gif
Ashley Madison 2.0

IG girls gonna be waking up to hundreds of d*ck picks every morning
laugh.gif
roll.gif
I actually hate that feature.  It's not user friendly at all to find people on snap.  

Imo, I don't see what the big deal is.  Tech companies and social networking sites borrow features from each other all the time.  If a company didn't invent a feature first, they may have made the feature more well known.  Twitter invented hashtags. Instagram popularized filters.  Timehop made the memory feature.  Facebook created the news feed. Compuserve/AOL created instant messaging.  Vine created the short 15 second vids.  Foursquare did location checkins. Skype made famous video chat. Periscope/Meerkat popularized live video.  Flipagram made slideshows more known.  And the list goes on and on.  

Instagram just did the same with stories.  Borrowed the feature and put their own spin on it.  And imo, they actually improved on it. 

Well I don't want people following me and seeing what I post, what I record (family, friends, houses, even when I work) if I don't know them.

That's why I like the privacy of Snapchat, if I cared about random people viewing my life then I'd create a FB or IG.

Last edited:
^as it stands presently snapchat is valued north of 15b...hard to say he made a bad decision not to sell; the folk who mess with snapchat heavy do so for reasons IG/FB can't really & don't want to replicate, the saturation/ubiquity of those networks is not necessarily what snapchat is after, though i am sure they still would like to grow their audience larger, it would seem that for at least the short term, that IG/FB & snapchat can coexist because the use case & audiences are different, if anything snapchat is probably more vulnerable to someone new on the come up who can figure out how to do what snapchat does better, easier, simpler, with more a little more polish on the design side, snapchat is pretty confusing interface for the uninitiated...

Valuations have "potential" built into them. How much was Twitter's valuation before it went public :lol: SC isn't marketable the way the bigger companies are. Big question is, how can they monetize their service w/o pissing people off.

I feel like the same things people saying about Instastories and SnapChat were saying the same thing about Instagram Videos and Vine, after a while, Vine couldn't compete and got bought by Twitter a little after. As soon as Instagram adds the privacy that you guys love so much and the filters the ladies love, SC is done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom