23 Yr Old Snapchat CEO Turns Down 3 Billion Offer From FB

I hate The new IG, i still have the old instagram on my personal iphone, in my work phone i put the updated one and its trash to me .

i just want the simple IG not the Snap/facebook mess they have now

Last edited:
I hate the new ig feed. I actually use it less than I did before.

They should at least give us that option to choose a feed.

Last edited:
I hate the new ig feed. I actually use it less than I did before.

They should at least give us that option to choose a feed.
Got us dudes looking thirsty :lol:. Liking a pic from awhile ago while I'm thinking its current

Lmao thread will always be lulz because all the dudes who thought snap would be on life support by now and that ig stories was game over. Also the Zuckerberg d riding.

Last edited:
Snapchat looking at a possible $25 Billion USD IPO

Could be going public as early as March 2017

http://hypebeast.com/2016/10/snapch...r&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twitter_post

Thought IG stories was gonna kill them? :lol:

Once again NT, never change.

the danger/threat that ig stories poses to snapchat is that ig slows/stops snapchat's growth...and that is still very much possible, but the people that mess with snapchat heavy probably aren't going anywhere & it doesn't necessarily mean homie won't still be able to cashout major; snapchat could still very much end up in a similar spot to twitter if they don't figure out models to get to the money...

Lmao thread will always be lulz because all the dudes who thought snap would be on life support by now and that ig stories was game over. Also the Zuckerberg d riding.

****** swore they knew what they were talking about. :lol:

THEY THOUGHT.

Like I said, it was very obvious who paid attention to business/tech and who didn't.

Y'all all in here on record too, goofies.

and what spot is twitter in?

IMO Twitter is the most lasting social network of all time after Facebook and I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon

it's how most millenials and younger consume EVERYTHING from news to getting put on to new music etc.

and i don't even check IG stories...that would have been a snapchat killer if they did it maybe 3-4 years ago

the danger/threat that ig stories poses to snapchat is that ig slows/stops snapchat's growth...and that is still very much possible, but the people that mess with snapchat heavy probably aren't going anywhere & it doesn't necessarily mean homie won't still be able to cashout major; snapchat could still very much end up in a similar spot to twitter if they don't figure out models to get to the money...

Actually no, Twitter and Snapchat aren't really similar at all.

Snapchat has already proven to be profitable and its growth is tied to millenials who only integrate it more in their lives as it grows/kids just getting on mobile will always use Snapchat first.

Growth in SnapChat? Says the same people harping for the Twitter IPO.

From my experiences, these companies never fair well in the public markets. FB is the exception, because they actually have legitimate revenue sources. I guess snapchat has those ad's they can bank on.

I've seen this movie before.

Once again, Twitter and Snapchat not close to the same.

Also Snapchat has already started producing hardware/prouducts.

There's a reason Zuckerburg offered more to them than anyone else and then tried to copy the formula.

Actually no, Twitter and Snapchat aren't really similar at all.

Snapchat has already proven to be profitable and its growth is tied to millenials who only integrate it more in their lives as it grows/kids just getting on mobile will always use Snapchat first.

How do you know this?

This valuation is literally all we've been talking about at work today. This thread is funny to read.

There's a reason Zuckerburg offered more to them than anyone else and then tried to copy the formula.

Hardware doesn't mean anything. Ask Google.

How do you know this?

He/she doesn't really know this.

So far awwsome awwsome is making statements all off assumptions. Main differentiating driver to him/her is hardware which has proven not substantiate much in this particular arena.

The true test of time has always been content. Not unless Snapchat has something else driving their revenue model.

Last edited:
Smart idea in holding out.

Snap chat doesn't even stream income revenue at the moment and it's worth $3 billion? Imagine what happens once the ad money rolls in?

Likewise. For what it's worth I agree with you on this. I am not seeing the opportunity for real growth here.

I've said in the beginning of the thread where I stood with SnapChat and I maintain that position. Guess $25 Billion is what happened.

Can't say I was wrong :lol:

I've been to this circus and I've seen the strings

Last edited:
and what spot is twitter in?

IMO Twitter is the most lasting social network of all time after Facebook and I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon

it's how most millenials and younger consume EVERYTHING from news to getting put on to new music etc.

and i don't even check IG stories...that would have been a snapchat killer if they did it maybe 3-4 years ago

millennials, as coveted as they are, are not the be all end all and i mean if you really trying to cash in it makes sense to cast a wider net and appeal to older folks, because older people generally tend to have more money to blow because they earn more...while i don't pretend to have a full grasp of all things around the social networks but my understanding is twitter has a base of hardcore users, is pretty incomprehensible to follow as a casual user, and thus far has either been flat or losing users to the other platforms, it isn't so much that twitter (or snapchat for that matter) is going to up and disappear (though i suppose that is always a possibility) but if they can't find a way to keep people using their platform or figure out way to make more money off that existing base of users, it limits their potential to earn...which is the position twitter seems to be in at the moment

you have to admit whatever appeal that hardware has, it would seem to be limited and seems to be more of an experiment than a big move...snapchat may well figure it out but it is far from a foregone conclusion, i mean the myspace guy is still prolly good but he might be kicking himself about not selling earlier, meanwhile would facebook be what it is today had zuckerberg sold...that's all in the game

millennials, as coveted as they are, are not the be all end all and i mean if you really trying to cash in it makes sense to cast a wider net and appeal to older folks, because older people generally tend to have more money to blow because they earn more...while i don't pretend to have a full grasp of all things around the social networks but my understanding is twitter has a base of hardcore users, is pretty incomprehensible to follow as a casual user, and thus far has either been flat or losing users to the other platforms, it isn't so much that twitter (or snapchat for that matter) is going to up and disappear (though i suppose that is always a possibility) but if they can't find a way to keep people using their platform or figure out way to make more money off that existing base of users, it limits their potential to earn...which is the position twitter seems to be in at the moment

What helped Facebook was their appeal across the board from different demographics.

Until my dad starts sending me Snaps, I wouldn't be too excited.

Here's some inside info: I'm very good acquaintances with Snapchat's Chief Strategy Officer. Had a chance to work with him during his time in JP Morgan while working on the Ali Baba deal. He's very aware of the Company's "obstacles" at the moment. Snapchat's main focus right now is developing content. They tried getting people to pay for filters, and that failed miserably. They're scrambling right now.

Don't let this $25 Billion valuation fool you. They shouldn't sell now, but the time is quickly approaching. Going public will be induced by the investment banks, and some of the executive team has an interest in this as well. But in my professional opinion, this will prove to have a weak outcome in the long run. Something needs to change. They can't sustain this model for much longer.

Last edited:
Snap is hiring like crazy. Looking for another 500 people by NYE. If you're in the LA area and looking hit me up.

Tried on one of the first pairs of Spectacles, won't sell well but they are cool.

Back
Top Bottom