23 Yr Old Snapchat CEO Turns Down 3 Billion Offer From FB

Valuations have "potential" built into them. How much was Twitter's valuation before it went public :lol: SC isn't marketable the way the bigger companies are. Big question is, how can they monetize their service w/o pissing people off.

I feel like the same things people saying about Instastories and SnapChat were saying the same thing about Instagram Videos and Vine, after a while, Vine couldn't compete and got bought by Twitter a little after. As soon as Instagram adds the privacy that you guys love so much and the filters the ladies love, SC is done.

about the valuations, #truestory to some extent it is imaginary money...still i don't think homie is/or should be kicking himself on the decision, at least not at this point, snapchat will at some point have to figure out how to get to the money -it may require they compromise a biit on some of what they do now but it is not a foregone conclusion that people will move to IG/FB because one of the main reason people mess with snaps if that it isn't IG/FB...time will tell though

The way Snap is making money off big companies who have huge marketing budgets is no joke though.

Damn, as predicted by you guys, my snap stories have been a ghost down since IG came with this and killed snap. Dude should have sold for the $3Bil before Zuckerberg finished him.

This is all sarcastic nobody is leaving snap for this.

its gonna be a slow leak....cuz if thots are putting their snaps on IG..whats da incentives of signing uo & going to SC?

True. The company that's gonna win too is the one that the advertisers like the best.  FB/IG is already light years ahead of Snap in that regard such as ease of use and tools, etc.  I even read that Nike did the same snap on both Instagram Stories and Snap and their views were thru the roof. On IG Stories they got like 600,000 views compared to Snap's 66,000.  

Yea IG has 300 million users compared to Snap's 150 million. Views are different, but I'm talkin about strictly Story views which are nearly identical on both platforms.

Yea IG has 300 million users compared to Snap's 150 million. Views are different, but I'm talkin about strictly Story views which are nearly identical on both platforms.

Story views are different as well. At the end of the day we need to go to where our demo is...

At the end of the day we need to go to where our demo is...

exactly that, which is why in the short term snapchat can, has, and probably will coexist with IG/FB, people will just have to work out what works, where...could definitely see some people rocking with 2 phones or figuring out how to simulcast for multi platforms tho

the only thing that will keep Snapchat relevant is the explicit content. 

if they decide to regulate that heavier (i.e. Vine), its a wrap. 

exactly that, which is why in the short term snapchat can, has, and probably will coexist with IG/FB, people will just have to work out what works, where...could definitely see some people rocking with 2 phones or figuring out how to simulcast for multi platforms tho

Exactly. And smart marketers are doing different content on different platforms. We've been doing this for over a year now.

Last edited:
lmao them glasses can be abused in so many ways. Leave them joints on when u smashin a new piece [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I think Snapchat is dumb, BUT THIS **** RIGHT HERE, is skraight playa.

Curious as to how it will work tho.

like a go pro without a stupid head mount you have to wear around 
nerd.gif

if they come in all black i might cop 

THEY THOUGHT!

Like I said, anybody who was saying that **** doesn't know **** about business or the tech industry.

u cant be serious

Instagram is on a whole nother level, a level that snapchat will never be on.

Lots of people have been switching back to ig because of the snap options. Those filters on snap get old and played after a while. what other tricks does it have? It's only a matter of time. And I like snap, I'm not hating on it. But real is real. Zuckerburg is NOT playing around.

Back
Top Bottom