2Pac "Blasphemy"

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

laugh.gif
 @ new yorkers ranking him 4th behind pun and big l

QFT
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JRodski

yeah the blasphemy song was hella dope but really the whole makeveli album was a classic lyrically. its like he stepped his lyrics through the roof for this album. there is a MAJOR difference in pacs style, delivery, wordplay (more complex) and flow from his prior material. everything about his style became more intricate.

its like he became a true emcee for this album. i have never even heard every pac album but i have a STRONG feeling that this was the best.
definitely. i've been a huge Pac fan since about 12 years old and it wasn't until i matured that i was able to really appreciate 7 Day Theory, Blasphemy especially. i feel like it's his best album (if not right behind Me Against The World) and he was truly coming full circle as a rapper and a visionary. it's a shame he died right then but maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

i'd do anything for an Outlawz-less version of 7 Day Theory, though.

Originally Posted by JRodski

yeah the blasphemy song was hella dope but really the whole makeveli album was a classic lyrically. its like he stepped his lyrics through the roof for this album. there is a MAJOR difference in pacs style, delivery, wordplay (more complex) and flow from his prior material. everything about his style became more intricate.

its like he became a true emcee for this album. i have never even heard every pac album but i have a STRONG feeling that this was the best.
definitely. i've been a huge Pac fan since about 12 years old and it wasn't until i matured that i was able to really appreciate 7 Day Theory, Blasphemy especially. i feel like it's his best album (if not right behind Me Against The World) and he was truly coming full circle as a rapper and a visionary. it's a shame he died right then but maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

i'd do anything for an Outlawz-less version of 7 Day Theory, though.

Originally Posted by Slim

can we take a minute to appreciate how deep this song is? from the intro to the Prayer at the end, every line is amazing. so many metaphors and foresight.

Code:
[This Week in Bible Prophecy]God has a plan -- and the bible unfolds that wonderful planthrough the message of prophecyGod sent Jesus into this world to be our saviourAnd that Christ is returning, someday soonto unfold the wonderful plan of eternity, for my life and your lifeAs long as we're cooperating with Godby accepting Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and saviourAnd as the Lord does return in the coming seven daysWe'll see you next time here on This Week in Bible Prophecy[Tupac]Tupac don't start that blasphemy in here!Makaveli, the new breed -- and I remember what my pops told meThe new word, follow me -- remember what my pops told meMy family tree, consists of drug dealers, thugs and killersStrugglin, known to hustle screamin #%+% they feelingsI got advice from my father, all he told me was this"+*!*%, get off your $$* if you plan to be richThere's ten rules to the game, but I'll share with you twoKnow, *+%#*% gon' hate you for whatever you doNow rule one -- get your cash on, M.O.B.That's Money Over +!*$%@%, cause they breed envyNow rule two is a hard one, watch for phoniesKeep yo', enemies close +*!*%, watch yo' homies"It seemed a little unimportant, when he told me I smiledPicture jewels being handed, to an innocent childI never knew in my lifetime I'd live by these rulesInitiated as an outlaw, studying rulesNow papa ain't around, so I gotta recallor come to grips with bein written on my enemy's walls (rest in peace)Promised if I have a seed, I'ma guide him rightDear Lord don't let me die toniteI got words for my comrades, listen and learnAin't nuttin free, give back what you earn, no doubtGettin higher than a %*%!$$@!$*%+, blessed and pleasedThis Thug Life'll be the death of me, c'mon, yeah[Tupac]We probably in Hell already, our dumb *!*!* not knowinEverybody kissin %*$ to go to heaven ain't goinPut my soul on it, I'm fightin devil @*#!@% dailyPlus the media be crucifying brothers severlyTell me I ain't God's son... momma a virginWe got addicted, had to leave the 'burbs, back in the ghettodoin wild !*%$, lookin at the sun don't payCriminal mind all the time, wait for Judgment DayThey say Moses split the Red SeaI split the blunt and rolled the fat one, I'm deadly -- Babylon bewareComin from the Pharoahe's kids, retaliationMakin legends off the !*%$ we did, still #!+!%$@$@%#@*#!@% in Jerusalem, waitin for signsGod promised COMING, She's just takin her time, hahaLiving by the Nile while the water flowsI'm contemplating plots wondering which door to goBrothas getting shot, comin back resurrectedIt's just that raw !*%$, +%*+% check it (that raw !*%$)And I remember what my papa told meRemember what my papa told me, blasphemy[Chorus][Tupac]The preacher want me buried why? Cause I know he a liarHave you ever seen a crackhead, that's eternal fireWhy you got these kids minds, thinkin that they evilwhile the preacher bein richer you say honor God's peopleShould we cry, when the Pope die, my requestWe should cry if they cried when we buried Malcolm XMama tell me am I wrong, is God just another copwaitin to beat my %*$ if I don't go pop?Memories of a past time, givin up cashto the leaders, knowin damn well, it ain't gonna feed usIn my brain how can you explain, time in B.C.It's hard enough to live now, in these times of greedThey say Jesus is a kind man, well he should understandtimes in this crime land, my Thug nationDo what you gotta do but know you gotta changeTry to find a way to make it out the gameI leave this and hope God can see my heart is pureIs heaven just another door?  I leave this hereI leave this and hope God see my heart is pureIs heaven just another door?  And my people say[Chorus] - 4XOur father, who art in heavenHallow be thy nameThy kingdom come, thy will be doneIn earth, as it is in heavenGive us this day, our daily breadAs we give up our debtsAs we forgive our debt-orsLead us not into temptationbut deliver us, unevilFor God, is the kingdom, and the powerand the glory forever, and ever, and ever
Better……wish dude was still here….
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Slim

can we take a minute to appreciate how deep this song is? from the intro to the Prayer at the end, every line is amazing. so many metaphors and foresight.

Code:
[This Week in Bible Prophecy]God has a plan -- and the bible unfolds that wonderful planthrough the message of prophecyGod sent Jesus into this world to be our saviourAnd that Christ is returning, someday soonto unfold the wonderful plan of eternity, for my life and your lifeAs long as we're cooperating with Godby accepting Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and saviourAnd as the Lord does return in the coming seven daysWe'll see you next time here on This Week in Bible Prophecy[Tupac]Tupac don't start that blasphemy in here!Makaveli, the new breed -- and I remember what my pops told meThe new word, follow me -- remember what my pops told meMy family tree, consists of drug dealers, thugs and killersStrugglin, known to hustle screamin #%+% they feelingsI got advice from my father, all he told me was this"+*!*%, get off your $$* if you plan to be richThere's ten rules to the game, but I'll share with you twoKnow, *+%#*% gon' hate you for whatever you doNow rule one -- get your cash on, M.O.B.That's Money Over +!*$%@%, cause they breed envyNow rule two is a hard one, watch for phoniesKeep yo', enemies close +*!*%, watch yo' homies"It seemed a little unimportant, when he told me I smiledPicture jewels being handed, to an innocent childI never knew in my lifetime I'd live by these rulesInitiated as an outlaw, studying rulesNow papa ain't around, so I gotta recallor come to grips with bein written on my enemy's walls (rest in peace)Promised if I have a seed, I'ma guide him rightDear Lord don't let me die toniteI got words for my comrades, listen and learnAin't nuttin free, give back what you earn, no doubtGettin higher than a %*%!$$@!$*%+, blessed and pleasedThis Thug Life'll be the death of me, c'mon, yeah[Tupac]We probably in Hell already, our dumb *!*!* not knowinEverybody kissin %*$ to go to heaven ain't goinPut my soul on it, I'm fightin devil @*#!@% dailyPlus the media be crucifying brothers severlyTell me I ain't God's son... momma a virginWe got addicted, had to leave the 'burbs, back in the ghettodoin wild !*%$, lookin at the sun don't payCriminal mind all the time, wait for Judgment DayThey say Moses split the Red SeaI split the blunt and rolled the fat one, I'm deadly -- Babylon bewareComin from the Pharoahe's kids, retaliationMakin legends off the !*%$ we did, still #!+!%$@$@%#@*#!@% in Jerusalem, waitin for signsGod promised COMING, She's just takin her time, hahaLiving by the Nile while the water flowsI'm contemplating plots wondering which door to goBrothas getting shot, comin back resurrectedIt's just that raw !*%$, +%*+% check it (that raw !*%$)And I remember what my papa told meRemember what my papa told me, blasphemy[Chorus][Tupac]The preacher want me buried why? Cause I know he a liarHave you ever seen a crackhead, that's eternal fireWhy you got these kids minds, thinkin that they evilwhile the preacher bein richer you say honor God's peopleShould we cry, when the Pope die, my requestWe should cry if they cried when we buried Malcolm XMama tell me am I wrong, is God just another copwaitin to beat my %*$ if I don't go pop?Memories of a past time, givin up cashto the leaders, knowin damn well, it ain't gonna feed usIn my brain how can you explain, time in B.C.It's hard enough to live now, in these times of greedThey say Jesus is a kind man, well he should understandtimes in this crime land, my Thug nationDo what you gotta do but know you gotta changeTry to find a way to make it out the gameI leave this and hope God can see my heart is pureIs heaven just another door?  I leave this hereI leave this and hope God see my heart is pureIs heaven just another door?  And my people say[Chorus] - 4XOur father, who art in heavenHallow be thy nameThy kingdom come, thy will be doneIn earth, as it is in heavenGive us this day, our daily breadAs we give up our debtsAs we forgive our debt-orsLead us not into temptationbut deliver us, unevilFor God, is the kingdom, and the powerand the glory forever, and ever, and ever
Better……wish dude was still here….
ohwell.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]
Code:
We probably in Hell already, our dumb *!*!* not knowinEverybody kissin %*$ to go to heaven ain't goinPut my soul on it, I'm fightin devil @*#!@% dailyPlus the media be crucifying brothers severly
[/color]

So much enlightenment/inspiration/etc in this song it's crazy. Disecting Pac verses brings nothing but good. I know. 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]
Code:
We probably in Hell already, our dumb *!*!* not knowinEverybody kissin %*$ to go to heaven ain't goinPut my soul on it, I'm fightin devil @*#!@% dailyPlus the media be crucifying brothers severly
[/color]

So much enlightenment/inspiration/etc in this song it's crazy. Disecting Pac verses brings nothing but good. I know. 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

My favorite song on that album, which happens to be my favorite album from him as well.

LOVE this album, never gets/got old to me. Every time someone brings this album up, I give it a spin. *cue '7 Day Theory' on iPod*

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My favorite song on that album, which happens to be my favorite album from him as well.

LOVE this album, never gets/got old to me. Every time someone brings this album up, I give it a spin. *cue '7 Day Theory' on iPod*

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom