50 Cent Confronts Steve Stoute At NY Knicks Game

:x at people saying massacre is better than GRODT

GRODT :smokin

still isten to it

This conversation isn't just about "rap" though. Stoute's thesis concerns this idea of Tanning, which if I interpreted it correctly, is suggestive of rap's and/or of hip-hop's wider cultural impact.

Beat's is a cultural phenomenon that extends well beyond the walls of "rap" and/or "hip-hop". Your favorite athletes use them; your favorite celebrities use; you'll find them in the 'burbs and in the hood. Apple corporation even sells Beats, on their websites and at their physical locations, for crying out loud...:lol:. If that doesn't speak to the power and influence of Dre x Iovine, then I don't know what does.

I see Ciroc being advertised in every rap video. I don't drink and I don't go "clubbing" so I can't speak of Ciroc's wider cultural impact. I was under the impression that Stoute included Diddy in his list as a nod to Puff's partnership/deal with Comcast for the Revolt channel. That is A BIG DEAL, and directly speaks to influence of hip-hop culture (of which puff is rooted in).

Last edited:
View media item 835281

View media item 835282

Steve Stoute went out of his way to downplay 50 Cent’s accomplishments during a interview last week with Angie Martinez and exclude him from his list of the top 5 most influential people in hip hop.

“I feel like he’s always gearing up for something that never happens,” Stoute told Angie.

50 came face to face with Stoute during a New York Knicks game at Madison Square Garden on Friday (February 28). Looks like Steve was coping a plea? Where was the NBA mic when we needed it…

dudes got way too much money to be showing out like that in public...

clown

Steve's list made little sense. He brought up music when it comes to 50 but half the guys mentioned prior aren't making music lately. Using a broader criteria he's right though, his style never really took off, vitamin water isn't linked with hip hop like ciroc, beats, ace etc. always seems like he's too late riding off other trends like his headphones, or has ideas he never really gets out there properly. Like the **** Beyonce just did is something he tried years ago.

how are puff and dr. dre influencing rap in 2014? aside from ciroc and beats by dre, they have no impact on trends of today. those are names that hold more historical value, like 50, than present day value. he condescendingly brought 50 up and proceeded to clown him for not being successful. it's one thing to exclude him but he went out of his way to insult him.

fifty and him has been beefing since that Reebok deal...

Stoute says fifty NEVER said thanks for his record deal, sneaker deal and then acted like he wanted to beef afterwards for no reason...

What you guys need to understand about Steve Stoute and people like him (Jimmy Iovine, LA Reid ect.) is these guys were the gate keepers for hip hop. Without their approval nobody would have a hip hop album in stores.

Yes we know the internet has taken over. But 2 quarters came in the game when you needed a major label on your side to make it. Nobody wanted to sign him because of his name in the streets. Nobody really gave him a chance. Accept for the obvious Em & Dre.

Now 50 just signed a distribution deal which pretty much certifies HIS position as a gate keeper for Hip-Hop and Steve Stoute STILL shows no love.

In other words Hip Hop is a business. Steve Stouts denied 50's business venture which could have led to multiple millions and now 50's new deal puts him in the same position as Stoute. Cheers to 50

P.S. Everything after GRODT has been garbage (Aside from a few songs on Massacre)

Last edited:
50 is gabbage. Word to rocsi
50-cent-2_h_GIFSoup.com_.gif

It's so funny cause people are quick to say "Stoute told the truth about 50 that's why he's mad", which may be true.

But it's extremely rare for a rapper to actually go to the source of the problem and confront it rather than talk **** on the radio then be all buddy-buddy next time they see the other.

That's why I've always liked 50.

Zactly

Back
Top Bottom