50 Cent Confronts Steve Stoute At NY Knicks Game

Lmaoooo Massacre touching GRODT?!?! Crazy talk... Every single song on GRODT was someones favorite or a certified hit. 50 gave us a classic with that

This thread made me go back a listen to GRODT, for some reason I thought the album had better lyrics.

2 big mistakes 50 made.
1. He pulled a Nelly, and tried to push the G-unit cats and put his stuff last. All those songs/beats used on Banks, Buck, Yayo Albums aren't ish now. Imagine if 50 used all those beats and songs on his own projects and just featured the G-unit members?

2. Jayz embraced the South, name one 50 cent song he did with a hot southern artist? He beefs with them and doesn't work with em. He talked bad about Ross, Wayne, T.I, ScarFace and could have keep his name hot if he worked with them.

Now he beefing with marketing..... This dude loves to close doors.

This thread made me go back a listen to GRODT, for some reason I thought the album had better lyrics.

2 big mistakes 50 made.
1. He pulled a Nelly, and tried to push the G-unit cats and put his stuff last. All those songs/beats used on Banks, Buck, Yayo Albums aren't ish now. Imagine if 50 used all those beats and songs on his own projects and just featured the G-unit members?

Pulled a Nelly??? How many albums did Murphy Lee, Kyjuan, Ali, and City Spud sell :lol: ? 50 put all Yayo, Banks, Game, and Buck on, all having very good albums and selling a lot, but neither one of them did enough on their own to sustain sustain that success (well, besides Game). That G-Unit run was probably one of the greatest in rap. St. Lunatics...not so much. Bad comparison.

G-unit just had no drive, they were solid and would be a staple in rap at this point. Kinda speaks to 50s leadership abilities at that time though.

*Cam'ron voice* Curtisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss *Cam'ron voice*

None of this made sense

What you guys need to understand about Steve Stoute and people like him (Jimmy Iovine, LA Reid ect.) is these guys were the gate keepers for hip hop. Without their approval nobody would have a hip hop album in stores.

Now 50 just signed a distribution deal which pretty much certifies HIS position as a gate keeper for Hip-Hop and Steve Stoute STILL shows no love.

:lol:

No it doesn't. The deal gives him control over his new music and his music related business going forward.

The fact that it's 2014 and theres a thread on 50cent on a shoe website means that he's just as relevant as a Diddy or a Jay-z.

If you're able to parlay a deal with two top selling artist and branch off do your own thing to the point where people know who you are and your brand without mentioning the brand you're under says a lot.

Remember also that we are talking about someone with a real gangster past that we know about who managed to transition himself from one stage to another and is now making deals in the corporate world.

Their not going to let you in if you can't generate money for them,period.

Some will harp on the fact that he hasn't been as successful as he once was but with most artist they usually don't get a chance to put out a second album or a third.Now mind you who else in rap or music period still dropped a new mixtape every month for years with heat on them that could possible be used for an actual album or at least sold via Itunes while selling 10million records?2pac?.No one has.
But has happen is that every artist after have used his blue print to either get themselves hot or to get a deal,including a artist like lil Wayne and the million of other no name rappers who are in their bedrooms rapping into a mic and flooding their music via the net.

You may have never liked him,most betas don't like alphas or at least what they represent,you may have never purchased anything g-unit but to say that 50cent hasn't influenced the hiphop culture is beyond stupidity to even say or think such a thing.

Jay is doing his thing,Diddy is doing his thing,50 is doing his thing it has nothing to do with music at this point because we are witnessing them going outside of music to make a whole lot of money.

I guess Steve forgot what happened last time he talked slick...
hate-me-now-o.gif

my thoughts exactly.

hate me now was about Steve Stoute?

nm I just looked it up thats crazy

Last edited:
G Unit was trash? What the ****

Y'all stupid as hell. I'm from the west and couldn't front on G-Unit during their run

The fact that it's 2014 and theres a thread on 50cent on a shoe website means that he's just as relevant as a Diddy or a Jay-z.

He's not relevant musically. The biggest thing to happen to him musically lately was getting out of his deal early

Jay Z is still making good music, owned a team, Roc Nation, started a sports agency.
Diddy...ciroc, movie production company, started is his own TV network

50 Cent still remaining relevant through conflict (Mayweather and now this) His biggest contribution was becoming rich through rap or beef in general. People talk about him reference to his old music and beef not his current business ventures or current music.

Their money may be comparable but their longevity, influence and impact isn't.

Last edited:
What!
roll.gif
How old are you? G Unit was never anything but complete trash. The word greatest should not be associated with G Unit in any form or fashion, ever, and I like 50.
You have to separate the run with the content. 
laugh.gif
 .... No doubt Yayo wasn't winning grammy's but even HE went gold for christ sake. Their group album was multi platinum. That's a pretty big movement.

He's not relevant musically. The biggest thing to happen to him musically lately was getting out of his deal early

Jay Z is still making good music, owned a team, Roc Nation, started a sports agency.
Diddy...ciroc, movie production company, started is his own TV network

50 Cent still remaining relevant through conflict (Mayweather and now this) His biggest contribution his become rich through rap or beef in general.

Their money may be comparable but their influence and impact isn't.
50 cents likes to do movies now. lolz.

Smoothe out them forehead buldges and line.

He looked hella stupid acting like some tech dude in ESCAPE PLAN.

Last edited:
That G-Unit run was probably one of the greatest in rap.

What! :rofl: How old are you? G Unit was never anything but complete trash. The word greatest should not be associated with G Unit in any form or fashion, ever, and I like 50.

Turn 27 in a couple of months. Obviously you were laying in a ditch somewhere wearing earplugs and blindfolds between 02-05. Do you not remember 50's meteoric rise as "Wanksta" dropped on the 8 Mile soundtrack, leading up to when GRODT dropped about 4 months after? Multiple high charting singles, being involved with The Documentary, Hunger For More, Straight Outta Cashville, GRODT soundtrack, then The Massacre, all of them producing multiple charting singles themselves? Do you remember the GRODT movie? The whole Shady/G-Unit/Aftermath regime did have one of the biggest runs ever. It also was one of the fastest most saddest falloffs as well. So umm...how old are you?

Honestly 50 had a great run, GRODT was a classic, Massacare would of been classic had it been 16 songs instead of 22. The firs G-Unit album was great, bunch of solid mixtapes, HUGE BANGERS, he made lot of money, more than probably any rapper in that 3 year run.....with that being said, let it go 50, it was a great run and nobody will forget that

Back
Top Bottom