==

You have a child on the way, you either man up and become a father or live as a coward running away from your responsibilities. I don't mean to sound harsh but that's how it is. You've got a degree in your pocket which gives you a huge advantage to move up in the world, don't be stupid.

Brah you spent all that time and money on your education and you're working as a security guard for 20-30 hours a week? WTF

You've got a degree in your pocket which gives you a huge advantage to move up in the world, don't be stupid.

Basically, nothing wrong with smoking OP but you need a balance. The "streets" will always be there and will ruin your life in a blink of an eye. Time to take responsibility and do for your child.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've never been in jail or having problem with law enforcement, never been hard in the street but i've definitely grew up with real street cats, and keep in touch with them. Since i've been out of school, i only worked for 3 months as an intern, and i didn't like the work environment so i never tried to send my resume for another job, couple weeks later found a job at a mall and doing this since to pay my debts. But with no real job experience, it's not easy to find something, and 2 years is a long time since i graduated, some of my skills are gone. I don't feel pressure by my girl, i really want to better myself but it's hard to change this lifestyle when you're already in. 
You have a piece of paper with your name on it that will never go away. You have qualifications as a finance grad. Forget "skills", that diploma says you are educated.

I say stop looking for an excuse not to use what you earned. Mall job to pay your debts? Start your career and make your debt go away. Gotta start somewhere, just make sure its promising.

Last edited:
Do what needs to be done to provide for the mother and child but DO NOT get married unless you're 100% ready for it

You make us college grads look bad. I graduated 2 years ago also but used my piece of paper to get into my career Im in. Still smoking everyday. You can do both.

The longer you hold off on your finance career, the more difficult it will be to get a job in that field.

Last edited:
Some of y'all are buggin I got a BA in psychology and never used it. Still make good money. I know plenty cats with degrees that don't that don't pursue the field sometimes people change their minds

Some of y'all are buggin I got a BA in psychology and never used it. Still make good money. I know plenty cats with degrees that don't that don't pursue the field sometimes people change their minds
I agree with this to an extent. You may not be in the field of your degree, but sheesh, at least pursue something where at least a diploma is a requirement

I got a BA in psychology and never used it
Well, there's why 
tongue.gif

Even a masters in Psychology wont suffice many times; you need a doctorate

Last edited:

Honestly i don't even think about that, we'll see where things are going, but i definitely gonna think about the marriage part, but first i need to find something and be straight financially, that's my first priority right now.
OP, find a entry level position with a company and move up. Your degree in finance opens alot of opportunities for you. Hopefully you find something soon and you begin making this transition in your life.

Also, congrats on being a father.

Real talk tho
laugh.gif
The one thing you got working for you is that youve got a degree at least. Ive worked with some people (respectable IT positions) who have a general degree and was still able to get a good job. Some employers just care that you have the piece of paper.

I always said if a kid don't motivate a ***** to get his **** together nothing will. Having a kid made me get my self all the way together and man up. I had dreams and didn't wanna be a 9-5 guy but I gotta do what I gotta do to give Lil guy a good life. I got time to go back later and pursue my dreams but right now I'm in a good situation and not about to let the streets ruin that. U want your kid to chill on the block with u while u blowing with 2 other nobody's? U gotta set an example FAM man up and use that sheet of paper u used time and money getting.

Thank you, i appreciate that, i know god gonna help me it if i make the effort, the motivation is here. 
It's your wake up call breh. Start making that money. Motivation is the biggest tool to success. Your son/daughter will benefit from it.

Last edited:
Don't go back to the corporate world if you're not happy there man.  You'll be miserable and it'll eat away at you inside day by day and you'll hate your life

I always said if a kid don't motivate a ***** to get his **** together nothing will. Having a kid made me get my self all the way together and man up. I had dreams and didn't wanna be a 9-5 guy but I gotta do what I gotta do to give Lil guy a good life. I got time to go back later and pursue my dreams but right now I'm in a good situation and not about to let the streets ruin that. U want your kid to chill on the block with u while u blowing with 2 other nobody's? U gotta set an example FAM man up and use that sheet of paper u used time and money getting.

Bolded for truth.

You aint living for yourself anymore.

Back
Top Bottom