A Ma Maniere AJ1

Use an unknown URL. Type in the following word. Draw a box around a cat.
Bots are thwarted lol. How is that too expensive to do and too time consuming? I’m puzzled

Domains cost more money and you have to set up the new domain url and questions with a shopify team and etc. All this is EXTRA steps for them and not something as simple as changing something on their own website by themselves, so it is time consuming and costs more money. Also bots were not thwarted lol, at least not all bots. Some people are able to put in the "master domain" and have any sub-domains re-linked. Throw on a hcaptcha (not bot proof) and various random questions, this slows bots down significantly but not completely.

Because it is time consuming and costs more money, most shops don't do it for that reason. Just changing the url is not going to stop bots, you must have a new domain and captcha that can't be leaked out ahead of time (kith always gets leaked out and thats why they're a botfest site.

I haven't gotten any email or anything from them but my card has a charge on it, am I good or my ish gonna get cancelled?
I got the confirmation email & Shop app update immediately after purchase.
If you don’t have the shop app grab that because it’ll keep track of your purchases & I think a lot places use it now.

Smooth checkout cause I had practice with the box captcha lol via my cell…checked out @ 11:11
90CD4B22-EDC3-4E08-86A8-46488627D2BB.jpeg

Had a hard time getting past the box drawing portion...didn't know to make the box then move it over the item...I know for the next time. Will try when they drop on SNKRS and hopefully after that point if I don't hit prices will have leveled out

I swear I had to do like 5 boxes around the damn cats. Irritating AF. Are we sure going slow really helps? Maybe next time I'll just have to use my work profile instead of my personal one. Find that I get some captchas using my personal one. Had an 18 min wait time and it sold out with 3 mins remaining on the clock. Who got that size 9?

Domains cost more money and you have to set up the new domain url and questions with a shopify team and etc. All this is EXTRA steps for them and not something as simple as changing something on their own website by themselves, so it is time consuming and costs more money. Also bots were not thwarted lol, at least not all bots. Some people are able to put in the "master domain" and have any sub-domains re-linked. Throw on a hcaptcha (not bot proof) and various random questions, this slows bots down significantly but not completely.

Because it is time consuming and costs more money, most shops don't do it for that reason. Just changing the url is not going to stop bots, you must have a new domain and captcha that can't be leaked out ahead of time (kith always gets leaked out and thats why they're a botfest site.

It's also only available to Shopify Plus members which costs way more

Back
Top Bottom