A Ma Maniere AJ4

Via IG...
Screenshot_20240120_175643_X.jpg
Never trust ig mock-ups. They setting y'all up for the let down.

If you don’t even consider the reputation of what brands you put on your feet you’re doing it wrong. This is how chumps started representing a scumbag pretending to be a Nazi. And now look at that brand and people wearing that trash.

Why prop up terrible companies backdooring pairs and putting in minimal effort to slide you another $250 shoe that’s barely different than the one 2 years ago?

I'll just wait for real pics. I think once the whole shoe is visible and you can see what is and what isn't there, it's easier to tell if its something you like. I could go either way at this point. I love 4s so I'm going to give them a shot regardless, but if it ultimately looks uninspired or doesn't do much beyond the other 4s, no point in going ham drawing boxes or circles or whatever, paying $15 for shipping, then getting them 4 weeks after the initial release. Hope the real pics are fire though.

If you don’t even consider the reputation of what brands you put on your feet you’re doing it wrong. This is how chumps started representing a scumbag pretending to be a Nazi. And now look at that brand and people wearing that trash.

Why prop up terrible companies backdooring pairs and putting in minimal effort to slide you another $250 shoe that’s barely different than the one 2 years ago?
If you want to live in a fantasy land and think all other shops aren't backdooring, not sure what to tell you. How it works has been laid out over and over.

As far as minimal effort, you realize Nike designers design the shoes right? You think these shops are sitting down and doing their own designs? They have very minimal input. An artist like Parra? Yea he's doing the majority of the design. A sneaker shop with no design background? Hell na man.

If you don't like them, just ignore the thread and move on. Pretty easy.

If you want to live in a fantasy land and think all other shops aren't backdooring, not sure what to tell you. How it works has been laid out over and over.

As far as minimal effort, you realize Nike designers design the shoes right? You think these shops are sitting down and doing their own designs? They have very minimal input. An artist like Parra? Yea he's doing the majority of the design. A sneaker shop with no design background? Hell na man.

Wait till folks here about the shenanigans going on at distro centers like Memphis from Nike internally. Unfortunately the backdooring starts the second they touch the states. Sometimes even before hand.

Stop engaging me and keep it moving. I’m welcome to voice my opinion on a brand constantly caught up in doing the consumer wrong and barely ever owning it. To post some BS “review” on a Sat morning of why they left their customers in the cold for months without ever responding (yet having their $270) is pathetic.

If you don’t like it being talked about point to a better place to discuss this company getting owned on the Complex podcast. I’ll gladly direct it to that thread.

you realize Nike designers design the shoes right? You think these shops are sitting down and doing their own designs? They have very minimal input. An artist like Parra? Yea he's doing the majority of the design. A sneaker shop with no design background? Hell na man.

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 you my guy, but this is not true.

For example I know for a fact Concepts & Bodega design their own collabs, and imagine happens across most collabs with other shops/boutiques.

Stop engaging me and keep it moving. I’m welcome to voice my opinion on a brand constantly caught up in doing the consumer wrong and barely ever owning it. To post some BS “review” on a Sat morning of why they left their customers in the cold for months without ever responding (yet having their $270) is pathetic.

If you don’t like it being talked about point to a better place to discuss this company getting owned on the Complex podcast. I’ll gladly direct it to that thread.
Don't support them? Seems pretty easy. Whining on the internet like they hurt you is weird to me.

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 you my guy, but this is not true.

For example I know for a fact Concepts & Bodega design their own collabs, and imagine happens across most collabs with other shops/boutiques.
I'll give you Concepts, I'll give you them. Deion is definitely involved and they all always next level on themes.

I'll give you Concepts, I'll give you them. Deion is definitely involved and they all always next level on themes.

I can confirm Bodega as well. I'm from the area and personally know both teams. Bodega's involvement has also been well documented ie:....

I'm curious where you got the idea that stores/boutiques don't actually design their collabs? That truly makes no sense. Do you have evidence of an instance? I come in peace, of course. :D

Last edited:
Yeah that makes no sense. Whitner has said in interviews he has designs in mind for all of them in the original Jordan line. He definitely contributed to those colorways. I thought that dude was one of Whitner’s groupies anyway lol

One of Whitaker Group’s main JB collab dudes is from the Prosper team!

I can confirm Bodega as well. I'm from the area and personally know both teams. Bodega's involvement has also been well documented ie:....

I'm curious where you got the idea that stores/boutiques don't actually design their collabs? That truly makes no sense. Do you have evidence of an instance? I come in peace, of course. :D

Not going to get into specifics but in my experience it's more the shop gives a general idea of what they are thinking, Nike designers draw up sketches, and then they go back and forth until they get to the end. What I meant is the shop isn't sitting down and drawing up a shoe, giving it to Nike, and Nike makes it.

I will say that if the new ones are more comfortable, that may get serious consideration from me, because a good number of people liked how 'plush' the other 4s were but also noted how incredibly uncomfortable they could be with all the AMM-style luxury upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom