Adidas Basketball 2011 thread + Possible 2011 All Star Uniforms?

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by duke4005

Talked to the Regional manager for Finish Line in the Dallas area today. He said the Crazy Light is pushing extremely well, better than any non-Jordan release this year. The Grapevine Mills store had over a dozen inquiries yesterday and today asking about the release. Finally a comapny besides Nike has a wanted shoe. Just worried about the $130 tag scaring people off.

The Comfort insole adds a full ounce to the shoe. My 10.5 size weighs in at 10.8 and 11.8 with the insole switch, while the Kobe VI weighs in at 11.4.

The cushioning is the best I have felt ftom adidas as far as response and bounce. Best forefoot since the T-Mac II.

Kenji, again, speaking out of your butt. You haven't even played in the shoe yet you declare it to be bad for support. Until you try them you are best served to not speak on them. Heel cup is the same height as the Rose 1.5 and the Kobe VI.

I tried it on and right away i could tell it's not a good shoes. Too little support . Rose 1.5 is way better
Hmmm, I'm not sure who is more credible here.  Someone who tried them on in store as opposed to an experienced reviewer who has logged playing time in them.  Hmmm...
The best way to find out is to go try the shoes on yourself since everyone have different preferences in shoes, games and how shoes work with their body types. I've never purchase a shoes base on someone else review because that person might be 5'7 and 150 lbs or someone who is 6'6 220 and not to mention everyone have different foot shapes etc

^Agreed, that's why I like reviewers who break shoes down in terms of who might like them and who won't. For instance, whether the shoe will be better for active, lighter guards or heavier post players.

Prof. K was doing that back in the day and I think most reviewers do that now, they don't just say that everyone will like them.

But even trying them on in store isn't the most accurate measure. If it was solely based on that, I wouldn't have picked up the Adidas Supernatural Creators. They felt awkward and a bit uncomfortable just from trying them on. Then I played in them a couple of times and I absolutely love them now. And I gave them a shot because of all of the positive reviews I saw.

You gotta be careful with that, a lot of companies realize that people will form opinions and make purchases from immediate tactile response. So they make sure that their shoes will feel great right out of the box, which is good in a lot of ways, but also bad. Think about lunar foam for instance, feels amazing right away, but that feeling goes away quickly.

^Agreed, that's why I like reviewers who break shoes down in terms of who might like them and who won't. For instance, whether the shoe will be better for active, lighter guards or heavier post players.

Prof. K was doing that back in the day and I think most reviewers do that now, they don't just say that everyone will like them.

But even trying them on in store isn't the most accurate measure. If it was solely based on that, I wouldn't have picked up the Adidas Supernatural Creators. They felt awkward and a bit uncomfortable just from trying them on. Then I played in them a couple of times and I absolutely love them now. And I gave them a shot because of all of the positive reviews I saw.

You gotta be careful with that, a lot of companies realize that people will form opinions and make purchases from immediate tactile response. So they make sure that their shoes will feel great right out of the box, which is good in a lot of ways, but also bad. Think about lunar foam for instance, feels amazing right away, but that feeling goes away quickly.

Crazy Lights are looking good
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by W Alston

These are arriving for me in a few weeks, very excited!
eek.gif
 How's you get some customs??
Oh yeah I just saw some Adizero Rose Dominate, I like this design. I'm assuming he will wear them sometime during the season, splitting time between these and the adirose 2.0

adidas-adizero-rose-dominate-2.jpg

Edit: It looks like the crazy lights except the stripes is moved to the heel counter and there is more padding and ankle support. Maybe this is the shoe for you Kenji
wink.gif

Originally Posted by W Alston

These are arriving for me in a few weeks, very excited!
eek.gif
 How's you get some customs??
Oh yeah I just saw some Adizero Rose Dominate, I like this design. I'm assuming he will wear them sometime during the season, splitting time between these and the adirose 2.0

adidas-adizero-rose-dominate-2.jpg

Edit: It looks like the crazy lights except the stripes is moved to the heel counter and there is more padding and ankle support. Maybe this is the shoe for you Kenji
wink.gif

cornzilla.... miadidas is up i think so yeah hopefully that answers ur customization q

as for both of roses shoes next season.... i'm still not impressed =/

cornzilla.... miadidas is up i think so yeah hopefully that answers ur customization q

as for both of roses shoes next season.... i'm still not impressed =/

Kenji, I will say this then I am done. You are right, I don't know your body or style, so I would never tell you what to wear. That is why I always try to compare to a shoe most people have worn or know. But for you to say it has no stability because you tried rolling your ankle in the store? Laughable, and makes you sound bad. Everyone who has worn this shoe to play in has nothing but good to say, but I guess your 35 second try on in store trumps us huh? Ludicrous, but typical.

Kenji, I will say this then I am done. You are right, I don't know your body or style, so I would never tell you what to wear. That is why I always try to compare to a shoe most people have worn or know. But for you to say it has no stability because you tried rolling your ankle in the store? Laughable, and makes you sound bad. Everyone who has worn this shoe to play in has nothing but good to say, but I guess your 35 second try on in store trumps us huh? Ludicrous, but typical.

duke, how are those crazy lights holding up for you? and i know you still think 1.5 > CL but what are your thoughts in comparisons... without the pure motion i'm kind of disappointed because initially it makes me think no "roll" onto your next step/move.... though they did feel good enough initially to pick up which i'll do in a couple of weeks for half price though i'm stuck between the reds and sharp blues hah

duke, how are those crazy lights holding up for you? and i know you still think 1.5 > CL but what are your thoughts in comparisons... without the pure motion i'm kind of disappointed because initially it makes me think no "roll" onto your next step/move.... though they did feel good enough initially to pick up which i'll do in a couple of weeks for half price though i'm stuck between the reds and sharp blues hah

Haha didn't even think to check miadidas. Thx dneou
But I went to HOH to get the crazy lights in blk and red and they were sold out in my size. I asked them to check around and apparently none of the stores in 100miles have them in stock. I knew they would move but I didn't know they would fly off the shelves. 
frown.gif
 Guess I'll order online.

Haha didn't even think to check miadidas. Thx dneou
But I went to HOH to get the crazy lights in blk and red and they were sold out in my size. I asked them to check around and apparently none of the stores in 100miles have them in stock. I knew they would move but I didn't know they would fly off the shelves. 
frown.gif
 Guess I'll order online.

no problem man. i have still yet to see the rose make up, but i'm fine without seeing them wasn't and still am not interested in that colorway

no problem man. i have still yet to see the rose make up, but i'm fine without seeing them wasn't and still am not interested in that colorway

Dneou, they are holding up great. I was worried about the midsole breaking down being so light, but they feel great. They feel much more conventional, like a Huarache Nike shoe, but not a bad thing. Not surprised they are moving. They finally have a shoe that color blocks well with brightness and solids. Only thing I saw as a setback was price, but I guess not so much.

Dneou, they are holding up great. I was worried about the midsole breaking down being so light, but they feel great. They feel much more conventional, like a Huarache Nike shoe, but not a bad thing. Not surprised they are moving. They finally have a shoe that color blocks well with brightness and solids. Only thing I saw as a setback was price, but I guess not so much.

true true, i guess since i have a pair well 2 of 1.5s i'll grab the CLs. but yeah, if you need help hit me up i usually go once a month, and now that i'm transferring back to portland state to be back home i'll be there more often

true true, i guess since i have a pair well 2 of 1.5s i'll grab the CLs. but yeah, if you need help hit me up i usually go once a month, and now that i'm transferring back to portland state to be back home i'll be there more often

Back
Top Bottom