ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
check out the heel cup on my golds...

literally missing an entire chunk of plastic (you can run your finger over it and feel the hole)

first thing i noticed out of the box

shoutout to adidas and that quality control 
nthat.gif

For the people displeased or complaining about their heelcup on their Gold or Silver Olympic pairs, most of us in the thread saw this coming and called it from the jump that the heelcups were going to arrive chipped or chip at some point. Unless you haven't been in the thread over the past month I don't see why y'all are surprised lol

For the people displeased or complaining about their heelcup on their Gold or Silver Olympic pairs, most of us in the thread saw this coming and called it from the jump that the heelcups were going to arrive chipped or chip at some point. Unless you haven't been in the thread over the past month I don't see why y'all are surprised lol
I think it's the inconsistency which frustrates people... Plus you figure you pay $200 for something that it should at least arrive in good condition... The heel chipping/scratching after the fact is to be expected...

i for one am not "surprised", just adding to the thread

knowing there is a chance for flaws (literally ever shoe ever) doesn't really deter me from purchasing them

They looked fine, box was a bit dinged up which is to be expected, but no excessive glue issues that I notice although I only looked at them quickly on my way out the door....
Thanks I hope mine come in as clean as possible, box included 

i for one am not "surprised", just adding to the thread

knowing there is a chance for flaws (literally ever shoe ever) doesn't really deter me from purchasing them
Yeah I feel you. I'm the same way. I'm always expecting flaws but it doesn't make me not wanna buy the shoes. What gets me is the people that are outraged when things like this pop up and act like they never saw it coming hahah

I think it's the inconsistency which frustrates people... Plus you figure you pay $200 for something that it should at least arrive in good condition... The heel chipping/scratching after the fact is to be expected...
Yeah I get that we fork out tons of money for these shoes but it's not like QC issues are something new either. It's one of those things for me that I just take with a grain of salt if it happens and keep it moving 

I think it's less surprised and more pissed at Adidas' QC.
QC is an issue with any brand. I just think the metallic paint heelcups were a bad idea form the jump since it had to be painted on. You can't really mold the colors like the bronze but I wish they would've just did the marble heelcup look with the gold and silver too

QC is an issue with any brand. I just think the metallic paint heelcups were a bad idea form the jump since it had to be painted on. You can't really mold the colors like the bronze but I wish they would've just did the marble heelcup look with the gold and silver too
Bad idea or not, the fact remains that these are $200 shoes and some of the defects we are seeing here are terrible.  Owners have every right to be pissed and share the problems online, and it's up to Adidas to do better. 

Yeah I get that we fork out tons of money for these shoes but it's not like QC issues are something new either. It's one of those things for me that I just take with a grain of salt if it happens and keep it moving
Completely agree with you I'm not one to look at new kicks with a fine tooth comb either... Since I plan on wearing everything I buy they would have to come in pretty ****** up for me to be pissed off...

Got mine from SF. All passed my QC inspections. lol

I would be disappointed as well IF i paid $200+tax/shipping but in this case $150 for UBs is not bad at all.  If you planned on wearing them casually and doing "on feet" video reviews or even reselling, then I guess those with bad chips would be a problem.  However, if these were to be beaters to run/work out in then just think as if you did those scuffs already.

The bronze, IMO, is probably the most wearable at of the pack.  

Bad idea or not, the fact remains that these are $200 shoes and some of the defects we are seeing here are terrible.  Owners have every right to be pissed and share the problems online, and it's up to Adidas to do better. 
Why would Adidas feel any sort of pressure or need to step up their QC if all these colorways are still selling out just as fast as they appear. All they do is look at their numbers and say "We must be doing a good job!"

I'm curious... would the scratches on the medal pack make you return your pair if they came in with them on the heel cup or would you just deal with the scratches and wear them anyway? None of my Silvers came in with scratches, but I was just wondering if people would/will return if theirs came in like that. Personally, I would be disappointed if mine had scratches, but I think I would still wear them anyway and not return, especially since they are so limited and I could not just exchange for another pair so easily.

I got my silvers for $154 shipped, if they have some scratches no biggie because I am going to wear them and more than likely beat them to dust.  I also plan to blackout the boost once it starts to yellow.  I am just a huge fan of the knit pattern

I'm curious... would the scratches on the medal pack make you return your pair if they came in with them on the heel cup or would you just deal with the scratches and wear them anyway? None of my Silvers came in with scratches, but I was just wondering if people would/will return if theirs came in like that. Personally, I would be disappointed if mine had scratches, but I think I would still wear them anyway and not return, especially since they are so limited and I could not just exchange for another pair so easily.
Unless it's a flaw so big that it's noticeable on feet I won't return them

I got my silvers for $154 shipped, if they have some scratches no biggie because I am going to wear them and more than likely beat them to dust.  I also plan to blackout the boost once it starts to yellow.  I am just a huge fan of the knit pattern
Exactly this. My Silvers had no scratches but I would still wear them if they did. It was the knit pattern on the Silvers that is what is what I love about them and is what is most noticeable. And no one would be seeing/looking at tiny scratches on the heel cup as you are wearing them on feet 5-6 ft off the ground.

Unless it's a flaw so big that it's noticeable on feet I won't return them
Yeah the scratches would not be noticeable at all on feet. Unless a chunk of the metallic coating is literally chipped off, I wouldn't return either.

Back
Top Bottom