ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No they're not. They're Y-3 PureBoost, no "ZG Knit".

The ZG Knit was based on the PureBoost ZG midsole whereas these new ones are based on the new PureBoost 2017 midsole.
So it's a hybrid cause the top is still based on the ZG Knit, just has the 2017 Pure Boost sole (which technically should be better but who knows)

So it's a hybrid cause the top is still based on the ZG Knit, just has the 2017 Pure Boost sole (which technically should be better but who knows)
The y-3 pure boost zg knit are called "pure boost zg" because they use the pure boost zg soles.  the "ZG" designation has nothing to do with the upper of the shoe.

These look mediocre (and that's coming from someone who almost always buys "all black" in everything i own); just J.Lorenzo hype from the black/white pair released last year, if it wasn't for that, "most" people wouldn't bat an eye for these, especially at the $380 after tax.

No they're not. They're Y-3 PureBoost, no "ZG Knit".

The ZG Knit was based on the PureBoost ZG midsole whereas these new ones are based on the new PureBoost 2017 midsole.

They changed the upper as well. Similar to ZG Knit upper but not quite the same.

Regardless they don't have "ZG Knit" in the name anymore.

The y-3 pure boost zg knit are called "pure boost zg" because they use the pure boost zg soles.  the "ZG" designation has nothing to do with the upper of the shoe.

Pure Boost ZG Knit, "Knit" was part of the same and referred to the upper. Hence when the leather upper pair dropped, no "Knit" in the name.

ZG referred to the sole.

Last edited:
These look mediocre (and that's coming from someone who almost always buys "all black" in everything i own); just J.Lorenzo hype from the black/white pair released last year, if it wasn't for that, "most" people wouldn't bat an eye for these, especially at the $380 after tax.

There's no hype on these though. The last round of pure boosts sat and can be had on discount and there's a good chance these will too.

tried searching but so many mixed answers. how do the wool greys fit in comparison to non-wool 1.0s? I size up 1/2 in my UB's, should I get the same size in the wools?

There's no hype on these though. The last round of pure boosts sat and can be had on discount and there's a good chance these will too.
Please refresh my mind; i don't recall new Y3 ZG Pureboost CW/releases since the initial introduction of the silhouette last Spring/Summer (black, black/white, and purple/lime green CW).

tried searching but so many mixed answers. how do the wool greys fit in comparison to non-wool 1.0s? I size up 1/2 in my UB's, should I get the same size in the wools?
all the wools fit a bit bigger but it does not warrant sizing down

C2yvI3nUQAAZWbe.jpg

Even the article states that there is no release date announced, which translates to: "we don't know if these are just customs, or pre-production samples."

Just something to take into consideration, sneaker blog websites like HS and SneakerWatch will do anything to generate page views/hits. They will post articles about shoes that they've seen on IG just like we do.

in this link the pic is bigger and you can see that stripes look just like the ones on the shell toes

I don't think it's a Custo
Plus the "Ultra Boost lettering looks like the same material as the "Iridescent stripes"

Last edited:

in this link the pic is bigger and you can see that stripes look just like the ones on the shell toes

I don't think it's a Custo
I guess, i'm just saying that i take everything with a grain of salt these days, especially with the internet. Not ruling out the fact that they could be in production, in which i would happily stand corrected if they were.

Even the article states that there is no release date announced, which translates to: "we don't know if these are just customs, or pre-production samples."

Just something to take into consideration, sneaker blog websites like HS and SneakerWatch will do anything to generate page views/hits. They will post articles about shoes that they've seen on IG just like we do.
I agree that no one knows if they are real, but the original question was "why do people think these are real" and the answer is because this article was published saying they are samples

Back
Top Bottom