Adidas D ROSE 5

These and the xx9. Only two im still waiting for this year. Hope it does not disappoint like the KBIX did for me. But heard really great things about boost!
The two I'm anticipating as well.

Boost is amazing imo... having one pair of the boost runners, I think it would be beastly in a bball shoe.

I do think it needs to be implemented carefully though.  I hate to say it, but I think it would almost work best embedded as units, sort of like zoom.  A full on boost midsole could be unstable due to how bouncy it is.  Again, just my opinion having tried it

Not sure if anyone else cares but some Adidas customer reps are saying the Suede Stan Smith's don't go up online until April 15th.  Not sure why they listed the drop date as March 1st on their social media accounts then but whatever.  Anyone know of some US stores that might be getting these in stock today?

Wow really they bouncy?
Well... it's a springiness that I can't really describe.  I guess I don't want to overhype it, but it's pretty awesome and I think could be amazing in a ball shoe if implemented right.  You almost have to just try on a pair of the runners to see for yourself if they're in a store near you 
laugh.gif

I've actually had crazy thoughts of tracking down a used pair of runners in a much larger size than mine, then take a saw to them to cut out the midsole and form it to put in a Kobe 8 
devil.gif

Well... it's a springiness that I can't really describe.  I guess I don't want to overhype it, but it's pretty awesome and I think could be amazing in a ball shoe if implemented right.  You almost have to just try on a pair of the runners to see for yourself if they're in a store near you :lol:

I've actually had crazy thoughts of tracking down a used pair of runners in a much larger size than mine, then take a saw to them to cut out the midsole and form it to put in a Kobe 8 :evil:   
ahha, I had contemplated buying a pair of the runners just so I know if i will like the foam before i go crazy on these. It sure sounds like adidas found somehting here and im certainly anxious to give it a go.

There's a separate thread about the Adidas Energy Boost. Just a few posts but the feedback about Boost has been mostly positive.

http://niketalk.com/t/527539/adidas-energy-boost

OP in that thread:
 Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansST  

Adidas just released their new running shoes that is intended to compete with the Nike Lunarglide called Energy Boost. The midsole is a new technology called boost which consist of 2500 small individual TPU pellets fused together to form a new "foam." It's science is legit; Adidas partnered up with German based company BASF to create this new midsole. Adidas advertises that this shoe is to give you the most response in any running shoe thats on the market. In my opinion these shoes are insane. I had lunar glides in the past and even though they were the most comfortable shoes I've ever had the Boost is better. Not only do you get that soft cushioning you would expect to find in a lunar glide but these things are freaking responsive! It also includes a techfit upper which is what you would find on Adidas compression shirts (like Nike Pro-Combat). As soon as you take a step you literally feel that bounce back that isn't just a "feeling faster" sensation. It's actually a bit of a boost. I advise you all who aren't a fan of the three stripes to just try them on. You love them. Here are some pics...
If rumors are true about the DRose 5 having Boost, Adidas is on to something.

Can't wait to cop the black pair on discount 
pimp.gif

Boost for this is a great idea, but how good was the Crazyquick sole on the last shoe? I never got to try on any shoes that have that sol

Dang, I've never been a fan of translucent outsoles.

The full length boost looks enticing, but that traction is already looking suspect.

They should've put the solid traction pattern on the forefoot lower. I guess they wanted to show off the X-frame(i wonder why it's blue on the Brenda? colorway) underneath along with the Boost foam. The Rose logo on the heel and 3 stripes on the tongue still needs getting use to.

Wow -- I'm more intrigued now.  Boost does indeed run further up the forefoot than I thought.  

There's a rubber outrigger piece in place on the lateral side which made it look like the boost stopped short.  Definitely a necessary addition for stability with how springy boost is

They should've put the solid traction pattern on the forefoot lower. I guess they wanted to show off the X-frame(i wonder why it's blue on the Brenda? colorway) underneath along with the Boost foam. The Rose logo on the heel and 3 stripes on the tongue still needs getting use to.
more of a L train colorway a la the II (which i love) and that color way is copped!!!! that teal one is nice too

ah forgot about the L train color way good call

Still with the same color of the support wing as the upper I'm not sold on it. Maybe wait on the 5.5 if it looks any better.

wow they went with full boost, i definitely want to try these.. an all red (boost will still be white) or a volt cw would be nice

I'm ready to see some high res pix of the 5's. I have high hopes for this model and D Rose. I pray he comes back stronger and better than ever. Humble athlete man I can't help but to want to see him shine!

i'm down with the drose 5s! can't wait to see a grey colorway that they usually come out with. i just hope they don't make them super narrow like how the 4s are for me (and i don't even have wide feet).

Back
Top Bottom