Adidas D ROSE 5

thanks for your great info! when you say for additional support, do you mean you would want to wear it underneath your mcdavid? But i was thinking if Rose can wear them by themselves and jump all over the place than i should be okay too. But then again, he might also get his ankles taped up underneath. I have mcdavids level 3's with straps and the lace up with stays and the ISO strap ones too. i am definitely interested in gettting them and using them because they look lightweight, slim, and easy to put on, but i dont know the degree of protection if i were to roll my ankle.
wearing ankle braces all the time only weakens your ankles making you more susceptible to ankle sprains

Last edited:

By additional support I mean something that just wraps around your ankle and gives you something beyond a normal sock/shoe combination.  I haven't considered wearing them under an additional ankle brace, and I'm not sure if it would fit.

It would be a nice alternative to a bigger, bulkier ankle brace, but again, if you like the protection and security of those bigger braces, the speedwrap might be bit too flimsy for you.  To me it's like a minimal ankle brace, very sleek, thin and quick to put on/take off, where as the McDavids provide much more support/protection.
^this. I have the Speedwrap and I only wear it if I've tweaked my ankle very slightly or if I'm feeling weakness in that ankle. But no means does it replace a brace used for rehab like the ASO or McDavid braces. So the Speedwrap is basically one of those neoprene sleeves with a stiff piece of plastic (or rubber it feels like) and it's more for you to have awareness of strain you're putting on your ankle, which is what the Kobe 9 Elite highs are trying to provide with its "proprioceptive collar" 

That being said, I've had instances when playing with the brace on, and it gives enough support for me to learn whether to take the stress off the ankle or even sometimes "break my own ankles" and learn to fall to save my ankles. I know some people will laugh, but i'd rather be playing than hobbling around for 2 weeks.

speed wrap = minimal support but better than nothing. more flexibility.

ASO ankle brace = more support. less flexibility

If you have a week ankle or coming off an injury etc, get the aso or mcdavid brace. When you are 100%, use the speed wrap.

agree with the above post that D Rose most likely has his ankles taped underneath his speed wraps.

Last edited:
D rose said he doesn't like how it feels getting ankles taped that's why he wears the speed wraps

He kinda sheds some light on the Ankle Issue, with the best part of the 5's being their Ankle Support, in this Video:

Btw... the 2:15 to 2:30 Mark, where he brings the shoe up to the Camera... I'm SOLD.

That Red Underlay is just gleaming through that Perforated Upper! BEAUTIFUL. 
pimp.gif
mean.gif

I'd be all over that if it was the black/red pair. $140, I can dig that.

Home colorway Nov. 6

Last edited:
good looks on that coupon code! I hope it stays active for a while so I can try them on instore to see what size i'll need. hopefully they're not super narrow like the 5s.

Last edited:
How is Adidas id quality? I want that Grey and red pair to release but if not I will go with an id.

Last edited:
No idea on quality as it could be hit or miss with custom made shoes, if it's shoddy just use the free return. No free shipping sucks though so you better get one of the 15% codes when you sign up for a new account.

Yes it's confirmed they're $140. Really was expecting to be $160+ to be honest. Glad it isn't lol. Well it might increase with the 5.5 but that's not for awhile so we'll enjoy this for now.

How are they gonna make these an overseas exclusive?? Beautiful.

Yeah it doesn't make sense a Lake Michigan inspired are China/Europe exclusives. But still early as they get them before the US so it could still release here. I'm not a fan of the colorway to it doesn't bother me if they don't release here :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom