Adidas D ROSE 5

One more month. Felt like forever since the first pics came out. Should release early October instead. They are releasing Wall's sig on the 31st gotta spread the releases out for real.

I wonder if they are doing two versions this year.

No doubt they will, they have for 4 straight years even through injury. I want to see the ankle support thing changed and bring the 3 stripes back to the heel other than that everything else can stay the same.

hopefully these will make me forget how good the 2.5's were to my feet during ball. so much anticipation.. i literally want every single colorway.

Eastbay has the red pair releasing 10/18 on their online release calendar but I got the catalog and it says October 23. But more importantly it says $140. Now I don't know if that's correct since $160 was the only price point thrown out here.

Last edited:
$140 would be an absolute steal. I'm banking it's a typo and retail will be $160. Either way, I'm ready

edit: oneness has the wht/red cw for pre-order and they're $140 :D

Last edited:
For those wondering about Boost...

It will be the most cushioned and responsive basketball shoe ever created. Think of a memory foam mattress with the spring of a regular mattress.

Go to your local Foot Locker or D*cks Sporting Goods and try on their running Boost shoes, that'll give you the idea.

speaking of which, does anyone own the adidas ankle braces that Rose wears? do you guys use them for ball or anything else? how are they compared to the mcdavid's and ISO's?

There's a 20% code from Adidas but of course it expires on the 22nd :frown: >:

Last edited:
speaking of which, does anyone own the adidas ankle braces that Rose wears? do you guys use them for ball or anything else? how are they compared to the mcdavid's and ISO's?
Called the Adidas Speedwrap.  You can find some reviews on the net and youtube, almost all of them positive.  I own it, but I have yet to use it.  I got it for additional support when my ankle felt a little strained, but I haven't felt the need to use it yet.  I've tried it on though and it's definitely sleeker and slimmer than a Level 2 McDavid ankle brace.

Nightwing reviewed it a long time ago and stated he wouldn't recommend it for rehabbing an injury and I would agree.  It doesn't provide that extra rigid restriction that the Level 2 McDavid does, and has nowhere near the same level of adjustment in terms of compression.  I think it's something to use if you want more support or a more secure feeling, but if you've had injuries in the past and have weak ankles, I wouldn't rely on it.

I'm a fan of D Rose, but man it must take him forever to get suited up for games.  Kneepads, socks, speedwraps and shoes.

These are too clean. Good they have a home colorway that doesn't have grey in them.

HOME
TOO COLD. Adidas came with the Heat this year on the Rose V's. 
nthat.gif

Called the Adidas Speedwrap.  You can find some reviews on the net and youtube, almost all of them positive.  I own it, but I have yet to use it.  I got it for additional support when my ankle felt a little strained, but I haven't felt the need to use it yet.  I've tried it on though and it's definitely sleeker and slimmer than a Level 2 McDavid ankle brace.

Nightwing reviewed it a long time ago and stated he wouldn't recommend it for rehabbing an injury and I would agree.  It doesn't provide that extra rigid restriction that the Level 2 McDavid does, and has nowhere near the same level of adjustment in terms of compression.  I think it's something to use if you want more support or a more secure feeling, but if you've had injuries in the past and have weak ankles, I wouldn't rely on it.

I'm a fan of D Rose, but man it must take him forever to get suited up for games.  Kneepads, socks, speedwraps and shoes.

thanks for your great info! when you say for additional support, do you mean you would want to wear it underneath your mcdavid? But i was thinking if Rose can wear them by themselves and jump all over the place than i should be okay too. But then again, he might also get his ankles taped up underneath. I have mcdavids level 3's with straps and the lace up with stays and the ISO strap ones too. i am definitely interested in gettting them and using them because they look lightweight, slim, and easy to put on, but i dont know the degree of protection if i were to roll my ankle.

By additional support I mean something that just wraps around your ankle and gives you something beyond a normal sock/shoe combination.  I haven't considered wearing them under an additional ankle brace, and I'm not sure if it would fit.

It would be a nice alternative to a bigger, bulkier ankle brace, but again, if you like the protection and security of those bigger braces, the speedwrap might be bit too flimsy for you.  To me it's like a minimal ankle brace, very sleek, thin and quick to put on/take off, where as the McDavids provide much more support/protection.

Back
Top Bottom