Adidas NMD thread

Went to the Lenox Mall Champs in Atlanta earlier tonight for "banned" raffles, and was able to get these, if anybody was wondering what the brown/white nmds for Fri were

View media item 2149967
View media item 2149968
For anyone whose gonna be in the area tomorrow, there was an 8 and a 9.5 on display when I left (around 8pm)

Guys can I please get a legit check on these if possible. Thank you!!! Placement of the front crosshairs looks off...... Possible fake.... 

Last edited:

Is it normal for he L shaped thingies to be in different positions from pair to pair? I just want to make sure the shoes in the imgur link below are legit..... 

Here is a few pics of different pairs and the L shapped crosshair on the side is in a different position.....

http://www.kixify.com/product/adidas-nmd-r1-pk-sz-12-vapour-grey-french-beige

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adidas-NMD-...-11-Primeknit-Japan-Boost-White-/301985905454

Yes its normal and all those pairs look legit to me.

I don't know what's worse, the mesh nazis in here, or the gradient nazis in the boost thread

That being said, those red NMD's are trash regardless 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I don't know what's worse, the mesh nazis in here, or the gradient nazis in the boost thread

That being said, those red NMD's are trash regardless :lol:  

Well it's not that hard to get though. I can only agree with others. The mesh NMDs aren't comfy at all and I won't ever deal with anything else than primeknit (yes I have tried the mesh pairs on foot). Same with gradient, it is a popular opinion because many just don't like the pattern. Can't understand how adidas could get the idea of going from the beautiful 1.0 pattern to the gradients, which looks like a design idea from a 5 year old.

Well it's not that hard to get though. I can only agree with others. The mesh NMDs aren't comfy at all and I won't ever deal with anything else than primeknit (yes I have tried the mesh pairs on foot). Same with gradient, it is a popular opinion because many just don't like the pattern. Can't understand how adidas could get the idea of going from the beautiful 1.0 pattern to the gradients, which looks like a design idea from a 5 year old.
I think Adidas is wisely recognizing that they want to make $$$ to profit off of a hot design, but want to keep the shoe premium as well.  The way they do this is by making limited primeknits and GR meshes.  Suddenly the shoe is simultaneously coppable and uncoppable, and people of various interests and income levels can pick the direction they want to go in.  Personally, I'm DSing my primeknits and wearing my meshes.

Design-wise, that means that the meshes are going to be WAY more "out-there", and some bordeline ugly, to both experiment on what works and try to hit as many parts of the population as they can.  If they mess up they can shrug their shoulders and will still sell a lot, and if it's successful they can apply it to their primeknits.  

It's pretty brilliant actually, and a big reason why I'm not going to be nervous about these becoming roshes until the primeknits become super available AND have crazy designs.  Even there they have a layer of security by releasing the XR1s, Chukkas, and the R2s.  If those fail, they scrap them and can always return to their base of R1s.

That's more the point, we get it PK is better, move on. Mesh are not as comfy as PK, but are still more comfy than most lifestyle shoes offered by other brands. 

Did NMD's drop today?

Last edited:
Just called gsp champs in NJ about those pk tan NMDs and they got nothing yet, said they don't know when they're receiving them

Everybody has their opinions, and I'm not saying that those people should magically stop hating, but not gonna lie, that does get old in both threads.  Still balances out with the people who can be objective (despite their personal tastes) about the various shoes though. 

Back
Top Bottom