Adidas NMD thread

Why do they make the laces so damn long though?!

I'll never understand it.
Yeah, same. I ended up swapping the included 3M laces from my Key Cities onto my 3M Ultra Boosts.  Even then the 36" 3M ropes I put on were still on the lengthy side.  I kind of live with it on my other pairs (the laces are soft/heavy enough), but the OE laces on the KCs specifically are really stiff, so they kind of go where they want.  The resulting bow was just too messy.  

Rope Lace Supply usually has a good selection. Not sure what the best length would be but probably similar to Roshe laces.
NMD are 36 if I'm not mistaken, they would be better if they are 27, most lace co like Rope Lace and Fully Laced mostly only go down to 36. So even swith to rope laces, you'd still have the deal with the same length as OG laces. 

I think the NMD hype is real though. GR shoes sold out across the country last week. Sure they all restocked but do you know what kind of numbers Three Stripes put up in one weekend? Most non sneakerheads don't even know the difference between the GR and PK... The only think left to push the hype over the edge is a Kanye sighting...
i agree but homie worded it like pks were Easy to get and chilling on shelves which isn't the case

View media item 1961749
Just got these in. Hands down the best colorway of the mesh NMDs. They feel somewhat flat on feet but they do look great when worn. The mesh makes the shoe feel stable. I'm curious to see if the Primeknit pairs are any more comfortable.

The only mesh ones that I liked finally arrived. (PK Monochrome on the way)  Mentioned this elsewhere, but the three stripes on most of the other dark colorways of the mesh tier NMDs seem to look sloppily fused to the mesh, which kind of put me off. (Specifically around the edges, give off this taped-on look)  

Sidenote: Wife's Brown NMDs also came in this afternoon.

2 local AO stores (both of which launched mesh and pk's and chukkas on 3/17) are stating no NMD's are releasing tomorrow.

local consortium boutique also says nothing for tomorrow...

im not complaining...want those camo pk's but could use a break after 3/17's insanity....esp with mission solebox coming up..

2 local AO stores (both of which launched mesh and pk's and chukkas on 3/17) are stating no NMD's are releasing tomorrow.

local consortium boutique also says nothing for tomorrow...

im not complaining...want those camo pk's but could use a break after 3/17's insanity....esp with mission solebox coming up..
Yeah I'm kinda hoping they don't drop tomorrow, especially since I just copped yet another pair today (white PK)

Yeah Solebox UB's take priority this week.  Kinda worried especially with Air Max Con this week as well.  But the way Nike has been lately, looks like Adidas will continue taking my money.  Hopefully I'm wrong though!

It's difficult to compare the NMD or any boost shoe to the UB. Using UB as the standard which almost everyone is doing, every shoe will fall flat.

Glad I was able to try the NMD and form my OWN opinion because every foot and experience will be different.

Looking forward to trying the circle knits when they come in and the PKs.

It's difficult to compare the NMD or any boost shoe to the UB. Using UB as the standard which almost everyone is doing, every shoe will fall flat.

Glad I was able to try the NMD and form my OWN opinion because every foot and experience will be different.

Looking forward to trying the circle knits when they come in and the PKs.
comfort level is no longer a 1 to 10 scale, but rather 1 to ultra boost

View media item 1961749
Just got these in. Hands down the best colorway of the mesh NMDs. They feel somewhat flat on feet but they do look great when worn. The mesh makes the shoe feel stable. I'm curious to see if the Primeknit pairs are any more comfortable.

The pk's are hands down way more comfortable. They don't even feel like the same shoe.
I had the mesh's and couldn't keep them, they felt awful.

Last edited:

comfort level is no longer a 1 to 10 scale, but rather 1 to ultra boost
Seems like the case. I own 5 different boost shoes and UB is still reigning champion. the Pureboost ZG is probably the closest competitor.

I believe once the uncaged UBs come out, they will probably trump the current UB. Not saying they will look better but will most likely feel better

The pk's are hands down way more comfortable. They don't even feel like the same shoe.
I had the mesh's and couldn't keep them, they felt awful.

This is the reason I didn't buy the shoe at all, I wanted this black/blue colorway in the PK model

Last edited:
UB comfortable or not I do think that the aesthetics on the NMD are far superior than on the UB, that's what people is cooping ,

I've seen NOBODY EVER working out in their NMD's and actually I'd hardly even see them on NY.

Back
Top Bottom