Adidas NMD thread

Finally both of black PK are shipped from ADC. They better not sending me the mesh version, otherwise, I'd be pissed off.

But if you took the cost off the table, would you still come to the same conclusion?
Yes.  This circa knit material is really comfortable.

It reminds me of the material basketball shorts and jerseys are made of, but done in a knit.

It stretches like a knit, is breathable and is very soft.  It doesn't crease like the mesh.  Appears to be more durable than PK.

The inside pattern is flat with no texture where the outside has a slight textured pattern so the comfort is there.

I wear my my NMDs with socks so these feel just as good as PK.

Bottom line is I own PK NMD and CK NMD would I buy CK again?  Yes I would.

Would I buy mesh?  Nope

Yes.  This circa knit material is really comfortable.

It reminds me of the material basketball shorts and jerseys are made of, but done in a knit.

It stretches like a knit, is breathable and is very soft.  It doesn't crease like the mesh.  Appears to be more durable than PK.

The inside pattern is flat with no texture where the outside has a slight textured pattern so the comfort is there.

I wear my my NMDs with socks so these feel just as good as PK.

Bottom line is I own PK NMD and CK NMD would I buy CK again?  Yes I would.

Would I buy mesh?  Nope
If you had a choice between buying PK NMD & CK NMD and money was no object, which would you choose?

I just laugh at the mesh bashing. I think it's actually a good variation in material for this shoe which also works very well. If they made a mesh Ultraboost, I'd be interested in giving those a shot too. Not a primeknit snob.

If you had a choice between buying PK NMD & CK NMD and money was no object, which would you choose?
It depends on the color.  For example.

The OG pair of PK and the Footlocker EU exclusive which is CK not mesh,

I would go with the CK pair because I really like the herringbone looking pattern and the sheen of the CK.

I also like the look of the ankle on both versions but feel that my Oreo PK would look better with the CK ankle.

The CK knit is like some high end Y-3 knit that was used before primeknit was conceived.

To answer that question directly when I picked up the lush red all models were available and money was no object.

I was just in love with that color.

Last edited:
To answer that question directly when I picked up the lush red all models were available and money was no object.

I was just in love with that color.
So hypothetically speaking, if the lush red colorway were also available in PK and looked basically identical to the CK version, which one would you choose?

I think CKs overall have the best aesthetics because the ankle / heel looks more structured than the PKs, but I understand the PK would be more comfortable around the ankles.

I think NMD is such a success mainly because of the overall shape is the best out of all the boost shoes.

Last edited:
I just laugh at the mesh bashing. I think it's actually a good variation in material for this shoe which also works very well. If they made a mesh Ultraboost, I'd be interested in giving those a shot too. Not a primeknit snob.
I'm not bashing mesh. it's just that adidas used a really cheap mesh.

When I bought my pair I had all three variations in front of me and no one was in the store.  I took my time

and really look at the materials and how they felt on the inside and out as well as the give on each material.

Mesh will crease at the toebox where PK and CK won't

Mesh was rough and wasn't as breathable as the other two pairs. 

If adidas made every mesh colorway in CK there would be no argument because the $10 difference is not bad for a far superior product.

Those heel tabs annoy the heck outta my Achilles. Especially as I am wearing ankle socks.

Quote:
The mesh pairs arent any different in comfort like many other sneakers out there, when you like the style - go for them. I am spoiled when it comes to comfort, nothing beats UB and these are far away. No one needs mesh on UB

Last edited:

Those heel tabs annoy the heck outta my Achilles. Especially as I am wearing ankle socks.
Might sound crazy, but try taping the tabs down overnight, after the material gets broke in a little bit more it should fall more naturally.

So hypothetically speaking, if the lush red colorway were also available in PK and looked basically identical to the CK version, which one would you choose?
Basically on this shoe PK is like a high quality lifestyle and CK seems more sporty.

If they made the lush red in PK using the same materials as my silver Ltd so I don't lose the sheen

I would go with that i guess because PK has proven itself in UB where CK is a we will see how it goes situation.

So I went to my local Champs and they had the NMD Navy Blue Mesh, full size run they just had them in today. Then I went to footlocker and they had the NMD primenit all white but they werent gonna release them this week like Finishline

Did anyone get there order from JD yet? My order has been sitting in JFK since yesterday and the delivery date is next week... I live 1 hour from JFK :frown: I hope this place is legit..

Anyone noticing the white monochrome PKs run slightly smaller than other PKs? For some reason my whites fit tighter than my glitch Camo and Nicekicks PKs. So weird.

Someone help is this camo drop tomorrow gonna be tuff or not I see no one in here or twitter talking about em

So I went to my local Champs and they had the NMD Navy Blue Mesh, full size run they just had them in today. Then I went to footlocker and they had the NMD primenit all white but they werent gonna release them this week like Finishline
I think you meant to say that FTL had the All White Mesh?

Back
Top Bottom