Adidas NMD thread

A lot of the peeps lining up in Asia for these are purely resellers just wanting to make a buck by flipping.

Check out this video where they asked a few campers why they are there.

Last edited:
I have a few theories as to why Asia went completely ham on the Adidas NMD.

1. The overall design has an aesthetic that appeals to their style. The lego blocks give a fairly simple silhoutte a really distinctive look and they like a bit of pop to make something rather simple... recognizable instantly.
2. Runners are big in asia. They tend to like sleeker looking shoes with minimal bulk... men and women alike. Jays are prob the biggest exception (big with men but not that big with ladies) but in general slimmer, minimalistic shoes are in.
3. NMD fit is very asian foot friendly. Flat to low arches are much more common for Asians and what the west sees as "lacking in support" makes for a much more comfortable fit. Very giving uppers like pk and neoprene also accomadate wide feet without issue.

Can someone Repost the Video of the NMD camp out somewhere in china/Asia? the line was real long and wrap all over the street... thanks.

Last edited:
White mono mesh - S79166 : 2700 
Black mono mesh - S79165 : 3200

Red Camo S79164 :150

on adc..us..

Just bought the nmd monochrome at footlocker, the mesh is completely different from the others. It is less narrow.

Can someone Repost the Video of the NMD camp out somewhere in china/Asia? the line was real long and wrap all over the street... thanks.
It reads a thousand peeps lining up for a shoe. Apparently this was in Taipei (Taiwan Island North) and not the thousand people mad rush at the department store in Taichung (Taiwan Island Center). This video was sped up at 2x speed. They camped out overnight and skipped work / school in the morning to line up while not knowing how many pairs are available lol!

I think because living in Asia you would tend to do a lot more walking / public transit and much less driving, hence runners are a lot more popular there. Js was mainly a North American thing when Air Max was a lot more popular in Asia back 25 years ago from what I remembered.

EDIT: Oh geez turned out they lined up for 64 hours and size 8.5 sold out in 30 mins. One pair per purchaser. Then they get flipped at 3x the price online.

I've never seen anything like this ever, seems historic to me lol!

Last edited:
Those lines are wild! The people at the end are either incredibly determined, or stupid. If I saw a line like that, I'd simply turn and walk away.

I wear a 7.5 in tubular radials, 7 in tubular novas...
What size should i go with on NMD Mesh? true foot size is 7.5

I'm Asian so I think I can help shed some light on why NMDs are so hot in Asia.

1. Overall sleek model, easy to wear with skinny jeans/joggers.
2. Hype, there's no doubt that Asians love whatever is popular and hyped up.
3. Limited availability. NMDs were easy to get everywhere else but Asia because of the amount distributed. I sold a bunch of GR tokyos and Womens to a Chinese reseller in NY who had them shipped back to China. The meetup was done inside a shipping center haha.

It reads a thousand peeps lining up for a shoe. Apparently this was in Taipei (Taiwan Island North) and not the thousand people mad rush at the department store in Taichung (Taiwan Island Center). This video was sped up at 2x speed. They camped out overnight and skipped work / school in the morning to line up while not knowing how many pairs are available lol!

I think because living in Asia you would tend to do a lot more walking / public transit and much less driving, hence runners are a lot more popular there. Js was mainly a North American thing when Air Max was a lot more popular in Asia back 25 years ago from what I remembered.

EDIT: Oh geez turned out they lined up for 64 hours and size 8.5 sold out in 30 mins. One pair per purchaser. Then they get flipped at 3x the price online.

I've never seen anything like this ever, seems historic to me lol!
Yea I was recently at the Adidas store in Frankfurt, Germany to pick up my pair of NMD's and the employees was like "Hella Asian sneakerheads flew in to get pairs..." Buddy said it was unbelievable....but being out here overseas...it is alot of walking so since i been here I been purchasing hella running shoes....its bout comfort...for your feet

Wait til you walk around in them all day. Pain upon pain.
laugh.gif
To be fair, mine are more "broken in". Feels much better after a few hours.
ah, thats kinda disappointing. Hopefully its not too bad, really love the look of the shoe

I already have the blk/white glitch PK, so I already know fitting. And those maroons are a size 6 women's for the lady :tongue:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom