ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, he waited 38 days to claim they're fake.... That fact he waited a little more than a month just screams fishy to me.

This is why I won't even consider v1s anymore. They've been out so long that even a UA would probably be better quality at this point 

Think about this, he doesn't mind getting his mom to drop 1.7k on kicks. You really think he's gonna think twice about scamming a consignment shop owned by people he doesn't know? :lol:

Pulled the trigger on a 750 brown US 11 for 600 euros shipped, that's not even double-retail.
Can't imagine the 750s to go even lower and desperately needed to complete my 750 collection.
I just love prefer this model over the 350 and can't wait to compare the deconstructed silhouette with the previous ones!

Also, he waited 38 days to claim they're fake.... That fact he waited a little more than a month just screams fishy to me.
From the reddit story, he only found out they were fake when he cleaned them with Crep, and the suede patch bled dye into the primeknit (I think, just skimmed the comments). 

So I don't think he knew they were fake the whole time, and then waited to put together a clever story.  In either case, some blame is on the shop because they accepted fake yeezys.  Even if you don't believe this kid, the photo of the turtle doves for sale from their IG shows that they had fakes at one time. 

It seems to me like the kid is trying to run game on the shop. Sure, there are tons of unscrupulous business people out there but those fakes aren't even close. Why would the store risk destroying its entire business to make one sale of clearly fake shoes? If they wanted to sell good fakes, there are plenty out there.

Think about this, he doesn't mind getting his mom to drop 1.7k on kicks. You really think he's gonna think twice about scamming a consignment shop owned by people he doesn't know?
laugh.gif
That's what I'm saying.

From the shop's own photos they've had fakes for sale.  If they don't want to give him a full refund he should take them to small claims court.

If his parent paid with a credit card then they can chargeback.

Last edited:
Kid's mom spent $1700 on his kicks. I remember when my mom didn't wanna spend $120 back in the day for my AF1s 
roll.gif

The way I see it, both are in the wrong. The shop for having fakes at 1 point and the kid for waiting 38 days!!!!!! If I was the owner and he came back to me more than a month later claiming the shoes he bought were fake, I'd tell him to kick rocks. Then again, I'd be more careful about the shoes I take in.

Hi guys im looking for a pair of 750 grey gum in size 8.5 but can't find any relevant one...anyone could help ? thx in advance Nt fam 

The way I see it, both are in the wrong. The shop for having fakes at 1 point and the kid for waiting 38 days!!!!!! If I was the owner and he came back to me more than a month later claiming the shoes he bought were fake, I'd tell him to kick rocks. Then again, I'd be more careful about the shoes I take in.
Doesn't matter that it took him that long, the STORE sold him fake yeezys for $1700- they weren't taking them back for a refund and selling elsewhere- its a $1700 loss for them either way. Give that mom her money back and dont sell fakes. Parents shouldn't be spending that much in the first place but that doesn't make it right

Disagree.  It is the shop's responsibility, especially in an industry where it is publicly known that there are a lot of fakes in the market, to provide their customers with the peace of mind that they are buying an authentic pair of shoes.   You can't blame the kid for buying what he thought was a legit pair, only to find out later that they were not legit.  He paid (well, his mom paid) $1700 just because it is supposed to be a reputable / guaranteed authentic pair.   If not, he should've just taken his chances on eBay for a lot less than $1700.  Why even buy it from a sneaker shop?

Kid's mom spent $1700 on his kicks. I remember when my mom didn't wanna spend $120 back in the day for my AF1s :rofl:

same man, I remember my dad buying me the infrared 6s when they originally came out and not being happy about it :lol:

I honestly don't see how the kid is wrong.  Sometimes people buy shoes and don't have an opportunity to wear or look at them for an extended period of time.

No matter what, the store that sold the fakes was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom