ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
To combat all the confusion, I'll just post a list about details of the release. Saw this in the Y2 thread during the RO madness and it seemed to help a lot of us. Feel free to update it or whatever.
  • NY release occurs Saturday through the Adidas Confirmed app. According to DONDA foundation's tweet, there will be 9,000 released that day.
  • Worldwide release is assumed to be on February 28. No set number of available pairs known yet.
  • There are supposedly 2 models. Kanye has made it known that "everyone will have Yeezys"  but not the 750 boosts necessarily. Keep this in mind.
  • $350 of course. Comes with stock rope laces and extra flat laces along with dust bag (supposedly).

ridiculous right?

but you can't deny its genius marketing. and if there's one person who has the clout to do something like this, its Kanye. 
kanyes goal is to make nike scared.. and now they are scared.. now they made thir own app (which will get hacked scripted botted and atc'd)

Kanye wants the new revolution to include adidas

The app had to have been in the works. App releases take months. They must have known about the Adidas app and were building theirs already.

Good to see competition moving things forward.

kanyes goal is to make nike scared.. and now they are scared.. now they made thir own app (which will get hacked scripted botted and atc'd)

Kanye wants the new revolution to include adidas
you cant be this dumb.  You really think Nike made an app in a few days, submitted it to Apple, got Apple's approval, loaded it into iTunes, and announced this all in a couple days? ok

BOOM! Nike JUST dropped their app within the past minute.. peep twitter fam.
they've been getting a lot of adidas and yeezy boost >>> tweets recently now it's going to get worse 
roll.gif

App's been in the works for a long time, this isn't a response to anything this was Nike's plan the whole time.

Good for them too. I happy for addidas. Word to RUN D MC. Nike needs a wake up call on their limited hype machine, "no body gets a pair" BS. WE'RE TIRED OF IT NIKE. Nice to see something different happening and addidas actually making an effort to accommodate and include its consumers instead of aliating them with hype. I'm loving it.
Man, if Adidas really forces Nike to step up their game...
Take notes Nike

Hopefully this opens people's eyes to nikes dumb release tactics.
Yeah I take long breaks at times from buying nikes just due to that reason. I'm not jumping through hoops and going out of my way all the time just for some kicks.
Nike seems to have the "make it hard for you to get the shoe." And this works, while you have a hold on the market. But at some point the people are going to be turned away by this...especially if they have options

I think Adi is doing a good job of managing the hype by staggered drops, apps for release, and actually having enough shoes that the people who want them can have them

This is exactly where I am at.  I am so tired of trying to give Nike my money, but they want me to jump through hoops to do so. 

It feels so good to be able to walk into a store and just buy what you want without raffles, camping, store employees trying to sell on the side. 
this . all of this . after the liquid metal am1 pack ,  frag 1's and just don 2's im just like
indifferent.gif
 . .

and if you cant see how much of a slap in the face chicago 1's re-releasing with "nike air" is , only 2 years after they dropped along side knicks 1's with the nike air on them at the same time ? idk what else to tell you . nike cares nothing about the consumer and that impossibly unattainable game is just corny to pretty much everyone now . so even if i dont get my hands on yeezy boost right away , i fully support what he's trying to do . it speaks volumes with it coming from him of all people and being the one to start this kind of movement ...

Nike's app will be hacked in no time just like every other thing nike has dropped for selling kicks.

the nke app coming out seems rushed....

which is bad from a software standpoint because it might not be tested all the way. buggy software might be a problem. 

this whole situation is crazy

the nke app coming out seems rushed....

which is bad from a software standpoint because it might not be tested all the way. buggy software might be a problem. 

this whole situation is crazy
what are you basing this being a rushed app on?  Im assuming you have downloaded the app and played with it to come to this conclusion?

Waiting-list for Nike app sounds like one thing to me, it isn't ready yet and they're rushing one out to compete with adidas.

As soon as it's ready, you'll be informed. SMH.

you cant be this dumb.  You really think Nike made an app in a few days, submitted it to Apple, got Apple's approval, loaded it into iTunes, and announced this all in a couple days? ok
niike's a billion dollar company.. this is just the beta testing phase.. if they can pass the Patriot act without reading it.. they can roll out an app with the snap of a finger..

it´s a fact that this release is in some way a game changer..

and nike don´t loughs anymore about this release.. this release is paired with genius marketing and cleverness.. props to adidas and kanye

but there is a problem imo.. i don´t know if adidas can handle this hype^^ we´ll see

And Adidas' wont?

I never said they didn't but how many huge releases does Adidas do? By the time hackers get to this yeezy one, they will be all gone. Nike on the other hand has hyped drops what seems like every week now. Plus let you guys tell it Nike is bigger and better so whose really losing in the end? The Nike consumer.

it´s a fact that this release is in some way a game changer..

and nike don´t loughs anymore about this release.. this release is paired with genius marketing and cleverness.. props to adidas and kanye

but there is a problem imo.. i don´t know if adidas can handle this hype^^ we´ll see
if this goes well.. people will be saying 2/14/2015 Y.A.E. (Yeezy Adidas Era)

I haven't played with it yet. As was said before, it seems a reactive move in response to Adi's app. Nke might have been all ready to go all along. I hope so, it sucks to get a crumby program.

Releasing software on their own terms will end up in a better product. All apps will have bugs, but if not given sufficient time/resources to find them, or test out the capacity of what they're doing, some cases might pop up that they didn't test for.

I'm really exited to see the whole collection being unveiled. Did not have this feeling for a long time, because nowadays everything gets leaked and theres no excitement when a product gets unveiled. 

Big respect for Adidas keeping everything that secret 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom