After Earth (2013) - Trailer - Will Smith,Jaden Smith

Its not a Scientology film. It does look good though I'm excitied to see what was the reason people left earth.

I didn't know this was a Midnight Shalamar flick until yesterday.

All I could say to myself was " :smh: Oh boy".

I'm skatin' out of work MAD early to catch the matinee (and prayz GAWD for the matinee).

I'm probably gonna catch that magician/bank robbery flick too.

Last edited:
I didn't know this was a Midnight Shalamar flick until yesterday.

All I could say to myself was " :smh: Oh boy".

I'm skatin' out of work MAD early to catch the matinee (and prayz GAWD for the matinee).

Praise be ALLAH, and one for Based God for matinee best deal going

:lol: Man I swear IM3 got the kid SHOOK now.

I would catch the early flick sometimes but now? Sheeeeeeeeit.

NEVER again (unless it's a date and if she's down with the matinee? WIFEY :lol: ).

:lol: Man I swear IM3 got the kid SHOOK now.

I would catch the early flick sometimes but now? Sheeeeeeeeit.

NEVER again (unless it's a date and if she's down with the matinee? WIFEY :lol: ).

**** is corny got people lined up a hour before the movie is open :smh:

I just want to watch and enjoy, no kids acting out, no people coming late looking for they friends, no texting. No lie I got to movies on tuesday at 1 in the afternoon :lol:

**** is corny got people lined up a hour before the movie is open
mean.gif

I just want to watch and enjoy, no kids acting out, no people coming late looking for they friends, no texting. No lie I got to movies on tuesday at 1 in the afternoon
laugh.gif
same i get out of work about 2:30 and ill head to the Friendship Heights theaters near my office. nobody there.

as for this movie im really torn. love these kinds of movies but m night shohahaha got me weary

**** is corny got people lined up a hour before the movie is open :smh:

I just want to watch and enjoy, no kids acting out, no people coming late looking for they friends, no texting. No lie I got to movies on tuesday at 1 in the afternoon :lol:

:pimp: Repped for the GAWTDAMN truth.

You think 1pm is early? :lol: I catch the 10:00-10:30am flicks.

:pimp: ALL grown and civilized folks at that time.

Friendship Heights theaters

:pimp: AMC Mazza Gallerie.

I don't have an office job but I work in that white building RIGHT across the street from Bloomingdale's (don't want to say the name and don't you say it either :lol: ).

Never used Rotten Tomatoes as a guide to make my movie going decisions, but right now its getting killed. Currently at 14%.

This movie looks awful. Glad the reviews are siding with that opinion.

Freakin' M. Night.

He probably was just sitting there when we all saw the first preview saying to this friends/coworkers "YOU JUST WATCH! They're going to to freaking love it, hear my name's attached, and participate in the "It's Cool to Hate on M. Night" campaign."

do people actually listen to RT? I mean, if I wanna see a movie, Ill see it regardless of reviews. I dont take them into account unless I wanna watch an oscar worthy movie.

do people actually listen to RT? I mean, if I wanna see a movie, Ill see it regardless of reviews. I dont take them into account unless I wanna watch an oscar worthy movie.

It's a quick and easy way to see the critical consensus. If you're unsure if seeing a movie, then the score might sway you one way or another. There's been movies I haven't been interested in, but I saw it was well reviewed on RT so I went and ended up enjoying. It's not gospel or infallible, but it's helpful at times.

People like to see what the general feeling of a movie is before they go out and watch it. It shouldn't be their only reason for watching or not watching a movie. People are still confused how IM3 has such a high rating. Movie was hot garbage.

Of course I look at rotten tomatoes...most of the time those reviews are spot on.

I mean even the CGI in this movie looks awful.

The suit was the star of this film. **** was bad ***!

BUT! besides that, this movie was not good at all.

Special effects were average at best. Every thing inside of the ship looked extremely cheap (its actually unbelievably bad).

The action was underwhelming and the story was dull and completely ridiculous at times.
The ship goes down and they're the ONLY survivors. Jaden doesn't have a damn scratch on him while his father survived without wearing a seat belt; meanwhile, everyone else who was strapped on had their bodies all over the place. 
Jaden's character was a complete idiot during most of the film and Will's character was super robotic. Not to mention there was nothing good about the script; there was so much unintentional humor in it.
Not to mention after the big "climatic" fight scene occurred, this massive gap appears from the time he defeats the monster and gets back on the ship. Still completely clueless on what happened after it. 
Can't really recommend this to anyone, but if you were interested in it, def watch it....you might have a different take on it. One of my friends enjoyed it so you never know. Its sad but this is one of Will's most underwhelming films of recent memory and one of M. Night's best.
mean.gif
laugh.gif

so what's the verdict? i want to watch this. i'm a will smoth fan so i wanna see this, but if it's horrible i'll pass.

Back
Top Bottom